IN A FLAP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Titans of the trees: Stunning photographs of 3,200-year-old giant sequoias as high as 20-story buildings on Sierra Nevada slopes

3 posters

Go down

Titans of the trees: Stunning photographs of 3,200-year-old giant sequoias as high as 20-story buildings on Sierra Nevada slopes   Empty Titans of the trees: Stunning photographs of 3,200-year-old giant sequoias as high as 20-story buildings on Sierra Nevada slopes

Post  Flap Zappa Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:46 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2235452/Giant-sequoia-National-Geographic-pictures-giants-forest-Sierra-Nevada.html?ICO=most_read_module

Anyone who ha been to the national sequoia park near Yosemite will tell you that these tress have to be seen to be believed.

You see pictures and hear how big they are but until you see them with your own eyes or stand next to one you just can't imagine how big they are.
Titans of the trees: Stunning photographs of 3,200-year-old giant sequoias as high as 20-story buildings on Sierra Nevada slopes   Califo16
they also have so much tanin in them that they do not rot away when they fall down. There is one there that fell down about 200 years ago and it looks like it fell down a year or so ago

Titans of the trees: Stunning photographs of 3,200-year-old giant sequoias as high as 20-story buildings on Sierra Nevada slopes   Califo17
If anyone is in california then I heartily recommend sequoia national park and yosemite a must see places.
Flap Zappa
Flap Zappa

https://inaflap.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Titans of the trees: Stunning photographs of 3,200-year-old giant sequoias as high as 20-story buildings on Sierra Nevada slopes   Empty Re: Titans of the trees: Stunning photographs of 3,200-year-old giant sequoias as high as 20-story buildings on Sierra Nevada slopes

Post  gerber Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:56 am

Did you meet up with Yogi and Boo Boo ?
gerber
gerber

Back to top Go down

Titans of the trees: Stunning photographs of 3,200-year-old giant sequoias as high as 20-story buildings on Sierra Nevada slopes   Empty big trees

Post  nicko Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:11 am

is'nt yogi and boo hoo in yellowstone
nicko
nicko

Back to top Go down

Titans of the trees: Stunning photographs of 3,200-year-old giant sequoias as high as 20-story buildings on Sierra Nevada slopes   Empty Re: Titans of the trees: Stunning photographs of 3,200-year-old giant sequoias as high as 20-story buildings on Sierra Nevada slopes

Post  Flap Zappa Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:49 am

nicho216 wrote:is'nt yogi and boo hoo in yellowstone
I think it was jellystone but yellowstone is at least a 1000 miles away.
Flap Zappa
Flap Zappa

Back to top Go down

Post  Flap Zappa Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:53 am

gerber wrote:Did you meet up with Yogi and Boo Boo ?

I didn't but a friend of mine stayed in yosemite years ago just after she had her first baby and was camping and during the night there was a terrible racket going on outside in the campsite and she looked out and a big bear was going nuts on a dumpster. It turned out its baby had got inside and the lid came down. however the thin fabric of the tent was a real comfort lol!

A friend of mine and I stayed in a campsite at the grand canyon and int eh morning the people near us told us they had seen a mountain lion wandering the site during the night.
Flap Zappa
Flap Zappa

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down