Man burns his head after mistaking iron for phone

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Man burns his head after mistaking iron for phone

Post  wyatt1 on Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:33 pm

Tomasz Paczkowski from the northern Polish town of Elblag now sports bandages around his head after a request from his wife to help with the housework while he enjoyed a few days off work backfired.
“My wife had gone to work and asked me to help with the housework,” the 32-year old told the Polish newspaper Fakt. “After breakfast I started to work. I turned on the boxing channel on the TV, opened a beer and started ironing.
“I was really getting involved in the boxing and was not really thinking about what I was doing,” he continued. “Suddenly the phone rang and I mucked things up: instead of grabbing the receiver I picked up the iron and put it to my ear.”
Mr Paczkowski said a burning sensation on his ear soon made him realise his mistake. To compound his misfortune a dash to the bathroom to cool his burn with water resulted in his head hitting a door frame, causing an injury just above the left eye.
As a result of his accident he said he would give up watching boxing on the television but would continue to iron.




http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/poland/9739414/Man-burns-his-head-after-mistaking-iron-for-phone.html



Twisted Evil Rumour has it he burned his other ear when he used the iron to call emergency services. Twisted Evil
avatar
wyatt1
..........
..........

Posts : 10025

Back to top Go down

Re: Man burns his head after mistaking iron for phone

Post  Hugh Jardon on Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:56 pm

@wyatt1 wrote:Tomasz Paczkowski from the northern Polish town of Elblag now sports bandages around his head after a request from his wife to help with the housework while he enjoyed a few days off work backfired.
“My wife had gone to work and asked me to help with the housework,” the 32-year old told the Polish newspaper Fakt. “After breakfast I started to work. I turned on the boxing channel on the TV, opened a beer and started ironing.
“I was really getting involved in the boxing and was not really thinking about what I was doing,” he continued. “Suddenly the phone rang and I mucked things up: instead of grabbing the receiver I picked up the iron and put it to my ear.”
Mr Paczkowski said a burning sensation on his ear soon made him realise his mistake. To compound his misfortune a dash to the bathroom to cool his burn with water resulted in his head hitting a door frame, causing an injury just above the left eye.
As a result of his accident he said he would give up watching boxing on the television but would continue to iron.




http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/poland/9739414/Man-burns-his-head-after-mistaking-iron-for-phone.html



Twisted Evil Rumour has it he burned his other ear when he used the iron to call emergency services. Twisted Evil

That's nothing!

MiliCOCK burnt his bollock ( just the one) ironing his boxers!

Cyclop's broke his ankle when he fell off his stepladders when ironing the curtains!
avatar
Hugh Jardon
...........
...........

Posts : 15513
Location : Not up Dean's arse..or anyone's for that matter!

Back to top Go down

Re: Man burns his head after mistaking iron for phone

Post  wyatt1 on Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:59 pm

@Hugh Jardon wrote:

That's nothing!

MiliCOCK burnt his bollock ( just the one) ironing his boxers!

Cyclop's broke his ankle when he fell off his stepladders when ironing the curtains!




Should have been his neck Twisted Evil
avatar
wyatt1
..........
..........

Posts : 10025

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum