Anne Frank's diary.

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Anne Frank's diary.

Post  Guest on Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:56 pm

It seems the uncensored version had a lot of sexual content.
You know, considering it is the diary of an adolescent girl.
For instance, here's a passage from the uncensored version in which she describes her vagina:


There are little folds of skin all over the place, you can hardly find it... The little hole underneath is so terribly small that I simply can’t imagine how a man can get in there, let alone how a whole baby can get out!

She also bitched about her parents a lot which were also edited out in the first versions that were published

Here's some old sources on the topic:
http://www.examiner.com/article/sexual-content-anne-frank-the-diary-of-a-young-girl-survives-book-banning-flap-culpepper-va

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/01/28/AR2010012804001.html

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Anne Frank's diary.

Post  Guest on Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:46 pm

Well the life of Andrea Borman is not censored.
At least my the story of my bans from forums is not.
I got banned for silly reasons anyway,because of some ban happy moderator.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Anne Frank's diary.

Post  Hugh Jardon on Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:52 pm

Andrea Borman wrote:Well the life of Andrea Borman is not censored.
At least my the story of my bans from forums is not.
I got banned for silly reasons anyway,because of some ban happy moderator.

if you were hidden in the f**king attic..I'd have gone out to the nazis and told them where you were!
avatar
Hugh Jardon
...........
...........

Posts : 15513
Location : Not up Dean's arse..or anyone's for that matter!

Back to top Go down

Re: Anne Frank's diary.

Post  Guest on Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:57 pm

Andrea Borman wrote:Well the life of Andrea Borman is not censored.
At least my the story of my bans from forums is not.
I got banned for silly reasons anyway,because of some ban happy moderator.

Did you seriously just compare yourself to Anne Frank?
You clueless fúcking whore.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Anne Frank's diary.

Post  Hugh Jardon on Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:58 pm

Evening Tea wrote:

Did you seriously just compare yourself to Anne Frank?
You clueless fúcking whore.

chortle.
avatar
Hugh Jardon
...........
...........

Posts : 15513
Location : Not up Dean's arse..or anyone's for that matter!

Back to top Go down

Re: Anne Frank's diary.

Post  Guest on Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:06 pm

Evening Tea wrote:

Did you seriously just compare yourself to Anne Frank?
You clueless fúcking whore.
Where do you get these stories from?
They did not talk about those kind of things in the 1940's.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Anne Frank's diary.

Post  Hugh Jardon on Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:11 pm

Andrea Borman wrote:
Where do you get these stories from?
They did not talk about those kind of things in the 1940's.


oh do fook off.....

you really havent a clue!
avatar
Hugh Jardon
...........
...........

Posts : 15513
Location : Not up Dean's arse..or anyone's for that matter!

Back to top Go down

Re: Anne Frank's diary.

Post  Guest on Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:22 pm

Andrea Borman wrote:Well the life of Andrea Borman is not censored.
At least my the story of my bans from forums is not.
I got banned for silly reasons anyway,because of some ban happy moderator.

SERIOUSLY?????

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Anne Frank's diary.

Post  Tess on Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:54 pm

@Hugh Jardon wrote:

if you were hidden in the f**king attic..I'd have gone out to the nazis and told them where you were!
If it was hiding in my attic I'd have shot the f**ker myself!
avatar
Tess
.........
.........

Posts : 8653
Location : The end of the rainbow

Back to top Go down

Re: Anne Frank's diary.

Post  Hugh Jardon on Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:23 pm

@Tess wrote:If it was hiding in my attic I'd have shot the f**ker myself!

and Id have twatted her over the head with a rifle butt...just to be on the safe side
avatar
Hugh Jardon
...........
...........

Posts : 15513
Location : Not up Dean's arse..or anyone's for that matter!

Back to top Go down

Re: Anne Frank's diary.

Post  Guest on Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:23 pm

Napalm.
It's the only way.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Anne Frank's diary.

Post  Cass on Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:24 pm

Evening Tea wrote:It seems the uncensored version had a lot of sexual content.
You know, considering it is the diary of an adolescent girl.
For instance, here's a passage from the uncensored version in which she describes her vagina:

She also bitched about her parents a lot which were also edited out in the first versions that were



Its true that her father (the only survivor of the eight) censored a lot in the first few editions such as changing names of the van dams and the other guy whilst trying to protect his wife's memory and not wanting to hurt those who helped them etc...at first he was most reluctant to publish at all. Remember he came from a very different generation and there was no warts n all celebrity culture back then so a lot of what she wrote must have been painful to him as well. Anne herself revised the various diaries and notebooks many times as she wanted to be a writer so was honing her craft...bless her she didn't have much else to do.

I have about 3 or 4 different editions....as time went on and the people who were involved died, the literary executors were able to add some of the expunged content to perhaps give a more truthful picture. Let's be honest what young girl does not harbor brutal thoughts about her parents or others or begins to explore her sexuality....after being cooped up 24/7 with them she couldn't storm out or have an argument like others so this was also her only way of venting.

Another good book to read is the one written by the woman portrayed as Miep Giles from the perspective of one of the helpers....amazingly brave woman.
avatar
Cass
......
......

Posts : 3329
Location : Across the Pond

Back to top Go down

Re: Anne Frank's diary.

Post  guest... on Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:28 pm

@Cass wrote:


Its true that her father (the only survivor of the eight) censored a lot in the first few editions such as changing names of the van dams and the other guy whilst trying to protect his wife's memory and not wanting to hurt those who helped them etc...at first he was most reluctant to publish at all. Remember he came from a very different generation and there was no warts n all celebrity culture back then so a lot of what she wrote must have been painful to him as well. Anne herself revised the various diaries and notebooks many times as she wanted to be a writer so was honing her craft...bless her she didn't have much else to do.

I have about 3 or 4 different editions....as time went on and the people who were involved died, the literary executors were able to add some of the expunged content to perhaps give a more truthful picture. Let's be honest what young girl does not harbor brutal thoughts about her parents or others or begins to explore her sexuality....after being cooped up 24/7 with them she couldn't storm out or have an argument like others so this was also her only way of venting.

Another good book to read is the one written by the woman portrayed as Miep Giles from the perspective of one of the helpers....amazingly brave woman.

Very infomative Me lady, something i was not aware of, censured or not it takes nothing away from the ordeal she faced!

guest...
...........
...........

Posts : 21113

Back to top Go down

Re: Anne Frank's diary.

Post  Flap Zappa on Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:34 pm

Andrea Borman wrote:
Evening Tea wrote:

Did you seriously just compare yourself to Anne Frank?
You clueless fúcking whore.
Where do you get these stories from?
They did not talk about those kind of things in the 1940's.
people were shagging around in the 40's far more than the swinging 60's. Imminent death is a very big aphrodisiac.

_______________________________________________________________________
Socialists never tire of spending other peoples money

To the twittersphere
if you wish to comment on this or any other thread then sign up and have your say in more than 140 characters. All political persuasions welcome

The Artist Formally Known As D555 - - Follow on twitter: @in_a_flap              
avatar
Flap Zappa
...........
...........

Posts : 37199
Location : village of the sun

http://inaflap.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Anne Frank's diary.

Post  Cass on Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:37 pm

Very true didge....I have been lucky to visit her house a couple of times and also I went to Bergen Belsen in 1994 as that is where she died.....one of the most horrible yet moving days of my life.

Also did you know that Simon Wiesenthal more than likely tracked down the man who gave them away and the Dutch officer in charge of arresting them in the attic?
avatar
Cass
......
......

Posts : 3329
Location : Across the Pond

Back to top Go down

Re: Anne Frank's diary.

Post  Guest on Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:05 pm

@Cass wrote:Very true didge....I have been lucky to visit her house a couple of times and also I went to Bergen Belsen in 1994 as that is where she died.....one of the most horrible yet moving days of my life.

Also did you know that Simon Wiesenthal more than likely tracked down the man who gave them away and the Dutch officer in charge of arresting them in the attic?
I don't know who Simon Wiesenthal is but I did saw this video on You tube about the story.
I watched the whole video,this one.


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Anne Frank's diary.

Post  Hugh Jardon on Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:45 pm

Andrea Borman wrote:
I don't know who Simon Wiesenthal is but I did saw this video on You tube about the story.
I watched the whole video,this one.


Was he banned from your shitty forum?
avatar
Hugh Jardon
...........
...........

Posts : 15513
Location : Not up Dean's arse..or anyone's for that matter!

Back to top Go down

Re: Anne Frank's diary.

Post  Guest on Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:11 pm

Hugh wrote:Was he banned from your shitty forum?
I told you I don't know who he is.
If such a person from the 1940's was alive today they would be about 90,and I don't think a 90 year old would know how to use a computer.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Anne Frank's diary.

Post  Hugh Jardon on Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:44 pm

Andrea Borman wrote:
I told you I don't know who he is.
If such a person from the 1940's was alive today they would be about 90,and I don't think a 90 year old would know how to use a computer.

That's the most accurate thing that you have ever spouted on here..

The bit where you admit to not thinking...that is!
avatar
Hugh Jardon
...........
...........

Posts : 15513
Location : Not up Dean's arse..or anyone's for that matter!

Back to top Go down

Re: Anne Frank's diary.

Post  Cass on Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:05 pm

Andrea Borman wrote:
I told you I don't know who he is.
If such a person from the 1940's was alive today they would be about 90,and I don't think a 90 year old would know how to use a computer.

You know nothing
my grandpa is 90 and loves the computer and internet
You really are taking the biscuit


C'mon guys please tell me this is a windup?....the reality is too gruesome to contemplate
avatar
Cass
......
......

Posts : 3329
Location : Across the Pond

Back to top Go down

Re: Anne Frank's diary.

Post  guest... on Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:16 pm

@Cass wrote:Very true didge....I have been lucky to visit her house a couple of times and also I went to Bergen Belsen in 1994 as that is where she died.....one of the most horrible yet moving days of my life.

Also did you know that Simon Wiesenthal more than likely tracked down the man who gave them away and the Dutch officer in charge of arresting them in the attic?

Hi me Lady again not aware he tracked him down. Sadly for Simon he tracked many down that were aided by the victors to make new identities after the war using them for their expertise, not the best moment for the allies I must say.

guest...
...........
...........

Posts : 21113

Back to top Go down

Re: Anne Frank's diary.

Post  Hugh Jardon on Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:17 pm

@Cass wrote:

You know nothing
my grandpa is 90 and loves the computer and internet
You really are taking the biscuit


C'mon guys please tell me this is a windup?....the reality is too gruesome to contemplate

He she it is simply a spaz.
avatar
Hugh Jardon
...........
...........

Posts : 15513
Location : Not up Dean's arse..or anyone's for that matter!

Back to top Go down

Re: Anne Frank's diary.

Post  guest... on Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:35 pm

@Hugh Jardon wrote:

He she it is simply a spaz.

Hi Hugh
He/she must be Gordon brown, he has a habbit of insulting the elderly.

guest...
...........
...........

Posts : 21113

Back to top Go down

Re: Anne Frank's diary.

Post  Guest on Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:37 pm

@Cass wrote:Very true didge....I have been lucky to visit her house a couple of times and also I went to Bergen Belsen in 1994 as that is where she died.....one of the most horrible yet moving days of my life.

Also did you know that Simon Wiesenthal more than likely tracked down the man who gave them away and the Dutch officer in charge of arresting them in the attic?

Thanks Cass i will try and read the books you have mentioned. My daughter has read her diary and she found it fascinating.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Anne Frank's diary.

Post  Cass on Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:44 pm

Didge wrote:

Hi me Lady again not aware he tracked him down. Sadly for Simon he tracked many down that were aided by the victors to make new identities after the war using them for their expertise, not the best moment for the allies I must say.

Read After The Reich by Giles MacDonogh.....eye opening to say the least!
avatar
Cass
......
......

Posts : 3329
Location : Across the Pond

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum