Senate Gun Defeat: A 'Shameful Day For US'

Go down

Senate Gun Defeat: A 'Shameful Day For US' Empty Senate Gun Defeat: A 'Shameful Day For US'

Post  wyatt1 on Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:42 am


The US President has accused lawmakers of "caving in" to the gun lobby after a reform bill to tighten the law was blocked in the Senate.

The reforms would have seen stricter checks for gun buyers in the wake of the Sandy Hook school shootings.



http://news.sky.com/story/1079566/senate-gun-defeat-a-shameful-day-for-us




"The measure had in recent weeks become central to Mr Obama's gun control effort after lawmakers made clear they would not pass legislation banning assault-style weapons or high-capacity ammunition magazines."




I am not anti-gun but stricter vetting of owners is surely a good thing, also there is no conceivable need for 'assault weapons' for hunting ( what are they after.. a T Rex???) or home defense.

Assault weapons are for military use and should not be available to the general public. (including survivalists and other cranks).
wyatt1
wyatt1
..........
..........

Posts : 10029

Back to top Go down

Senate Gun Defeat: A 'Shameful Day For US' Empty Re: Senate Gun Defeat: A 'Shameful Day For US'

Post  Cass on Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:48 pm

@wyatt1 wrote:
The US President has accused lawmakers of "caving in" to the gun lobby after a reform bill to tighten the law was blocked in the Senate.

The reforms would have seen stricter checks for gun buyers in the wake of the Sandy Hook school shootings.



http://news.sky.com/story/1079566/senate-gun-defeat-a-shameful-day-for-us




"The measure had in recent weeks become central to Mr Obama's gun control effort after lawmakers made clear they would not pass legislation banning assault-style weapons or high-capacity ammunition magazines."




I am not anti-gun but stricter vetting of owners is surely a good thing, also there is no conceivable need for 'assault weapons' for hunting ( what are they after.. a T Rex???) or home defense.

Assault weapons are for military use and should not be available to the general public. (including survivalists and other cranks).
shhhh...don't let them know you are talking common sense wyatt....
honestly when i got home and watched this on the news I felt like throwing up....I watched a girl who sister died in Newtown last night (she was a teacher) - she said she supports the 2nd amendment has a gun of her own but wants to have this bill signed and she was devestated and said quite correctly that if these politicians had lost a loved one like she had then they sure as hell would feel differently about it. Poor girl my heart broke for her but as she said she will continue to fight for this to honor her sister and the others who died there and elsewhere...one poignant thing she said was there doesn't need to be and there shouldn't be another name to add to the long list of those killed by unnecessary guns!
Cass
Cass
......
......

Posts : 3329
Location : Across the Pond

Back to top Go down

Senate Gun Defeat: A 'Shameful Day For US' Empty Re: Senate Gun Defeat: A 'Shameful Day For US'

Post  wyatt1 on Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:36 pm

@Cass wrote:
shhhh...don't let them know you are talking common sense wyatt....
honestly when i got home and watched this on the news I felt like throwing up....I watched a girl who sister died in Newtown last night (she was a teacher) - she said she supports the 2nd amendment has a gun of her own but wants to have this bill signed and she was devestated and said quite correctly that if these politicians had lost a loved one like she had then they sure as hell would feel differently about it. Poor girl my heart broke for her but as she said she will continue to fight for this to honor her sister and the others who died there and elsewhere...one poignant thing she said was there doesn't need to be and there shouldn't be another name to add to the long list of those killed by unnecessary guns!

Hi Cass, a gun can be your best friend, but it is only safe until you forget it is dangerous. You can't drive without a licence, and you should not be allowed to own a gun until your mental state has been investigated, and passed intensive firearms training to qualify.
wyatt1
wyatt1
..........
..........

Posts : 10029

Back to top Go down

Senate Gun Defeat: A 'Shameful Day For US' Empty Re: Senate Gun Defeat: A 'Shameful Day For US'

Post  Cass on Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:59 pm

@wyatt1 wrote:

Hi Cass, a gun can be your best friend, but it is only safe until you forget it is dangerous. You can't drive without a licence, and you should not be allowed to own a gun until your mental state has been investigated, and passed intensive firearms training to qualify.
too right mate...have a whatever colour thingy we are currently using!
Cass
Cass
......
......

Posts : 3329
Location : Across the Pond

Back to top Go down

Senate Gun Defeat: A 'Shameful Day For US' Empty Re: Senate Gun Defeat: A 'Shameful Day For US'

Post  wyatt1 on Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:08 pm

@Cass wrote:
too right mate...have a whatever colour thingy we are currently using!


Thank you for the purple stripe with green spots (I think) Not worthy
wyatt1
wyatt1
..........
..........

Posts : 10029

Back to top Go down

Senate Gun Defeat: A 'Shameful Day For US' Empty Re: Senate Gun Defeat: A 'Shameful Day For US'

Post  wyatt1 on Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:34 pm

MILITARY-STYLE assault rifles have many practical applications for the perfectly sane, it has been claimed.

Assault weapons are also vital for ‘looking cool’
As America mourns the victims of Sandy Hook, pro-firearm campaigners in the US have warned against tighter controls on so-called ‘assault weapons’, highlighting the sheer usefulness of semi-automatic artillery.

Mother-of-three Emma Bradford said: “We have a big yard so when it’s time to call the family in for meals I fire a burst of rounds into the air, it’s sort of like a ‘dinner gong’ but with bullets.

“If my gun weren’t semi-auto I’d have to reload between shots – more like a succession of single rounds – which would be ineffective because it could be mistaken for a car backfiring.

“However I do think America needs to reform its mental health laws. This obviously would not affect sane people like me.”

Texas office worker Tom Logan said: “I use my assault rifle to re-heat coffee. After firing a number of rounds into a wall the barrel gets very hot, and then I hold my mug against it.

“If you want to take my warm mug away you’ll have to pry it from my cold dead hands.”

Huntsman and NRA member Budd Hobbs said: “Normal guns are fine for deer but I’m actually after the Jersey Devil, a sort of bear/bat/wolf hybrid from popular American mythology.

“When that mythical chimera is charging at me I won’t have time to reload. So if they found my bloodstained boots next to some massive three-toed footprints, it’d be those peacenik Democrats to blame.

“You can’t argue with that logic, can you? Especially as I’ve got an assault weapon.”

Teee Heeeee, no I won't provide a link!!!!!!! poke tongue
wyatt1
wyatt1
..........
..........

Posts : 10029

Back to top Go down

Senate Gun Defeat: A 'Shameful Day For US' Empty Re: Senate Gun Defeat: A 'Shameful Day For US'

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum