Best of British!!!

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message


The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: Best of British!!!

Post  guest... on Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:19 pm

scrat wrote:Murray needed help from somewhere at 4-1 down in the third, and it came via a net cord that offered up a break point he grabbed with a flashing winner.
 
Belief coursed through the player and the crowd of 15,000 on Centre Court, along with thousands watching the nearby big screen, and Murray reeled off five games to take a two sets to one lead.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/23201318

 It truly was a momentous occasions, some of the best Tennis I have seen, which was even more so after the semi's.

guest...
...........
...........

Posts : 21113

Back to top Go down

Re: Best of British!!!

Post  Flix on Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:28 pm

Haven't said anything of the sort, all I'm commenting on is the statements from various people including on here about how desperate everyone who comes here is to be British and when people turn out in hundreds of thousands on national days I would expect to see far more of these desperate people eager to join in their new pageantry with their fellow Brits, especially as most of these occassions are free to actually attend, I know when I got to London, even if it was only from Wales I was most eager to witness these occassions.

Flix
.......
.......

Posts : 5795

Back to top Go down

Re: Best of British!!!

Post  guest... on Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:29 pm

@Flix wrote:Haven't said anything of the sort, all I'm commenting on is the statements from various people including on here about how desperate everyone who comes here is to be British and when people turn out in hundreds of thousands on national days I would expect to see far more of these desperate people eager to join in their new pageantry with their fellow Brits, especially as most of these occassions are free to actually attend, I know when I got to London, even if it was only from Wales I was most eager to witness these occassions.

 Were you at any of these events?

guest...
...........
...........

Posts : 21113

Back to top Go down

Re: Best of British!!!

Post  Flix on Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:39 pm

Didge wrote:

 Were you at any of these events?


I was in Cardiff for Armed Forces Day and I was recently in Pontypridd when the Welsh Guards marched through, but as I no longer live in London I wasn't at the royal wedding or trooping the colour this particular year, but there are apparently a great number of desperate to be Brits in and around London, a tube or bus ride away.

Flix
.......
.......

Posts : 5795

Back to top Go down

Re: Best of British!!!

Post  guest... on Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:41 pm

@Flix wrote:


I was in Cardiff for Armed Forces Day and I was recently in Pontypridd when the Welsh Guards marched through, but as I no longer live in London I wasn't at the royal wedding or trooping the colour this particular year, but there are apparently a great number of desperate to be Brits in and around London, a tube or bus ride away.

 Were you at the Royal wedding? Were you at Wimbledon yesterday? Were you at the Olympics, the Euro Championships?

guest...
...........
...........

Posts : 21113

Back to top Go down

Re: Best of British!!!

Post  gone on Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:42 pm

Oh come on, he makes Nigel Mansell look positively electric. 



As for Bartolli ..... there's a stewards inquiry over her chromosomes; are they breasts or elevated bollocks?

gone
....
....

Posts : 573

Back to top Go down

Re: Best of British!!!

Post  Flix on Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:53 pm

Didge wrote:

 Were you at the Royal wedding? Were you at Wimbledon yesterday? Were you at the Olympics, the Euro Championships?


I've just told you I wasn't, but I've also told you when living or visiting London I have made a point of being at events, I've also told you I have been to local, you could say patriotic events nearer home. As for Wimbledon I can understand people not going there, you'd have to drag me to that kicking and screaming, same for football.

Flix
.......
.......

Posts : 5795

Back to top Go down

Re: Best of British!!!

Post  guest... on Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

@Flix wrote:


I've just told you I wasn't, but I've also told you when living or visiting London I have made a point of being at events, I've also told you I have been to local, you could say patriotic events nearer home. As for Wimbledon I can understand people not going there, you'd have to drag me to that kicking and screaming, same for football.


Irony at its best you bemoan if people are not at an event of which you yourself have not attended, does that make you any less patriotic?
No, hence how such a view when you have no idea or have been to these events can you pass judgement on whether people from different ethnicity did also celebrate these events.

guest...
...........
...........

Posts : 21113

Back to top Go down

Re: Best of British!!!

Post  gone on Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:59 pm

Nig nogs?

gone
....
....

Posts : 573

Back to top Go down

Re: Best of British!!!

Post  Tess on Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:03 pm

Didge wrote:


Irony at its best you bemoan if people are not at an event of which you yourself have not attended, does that make you any less patriotic?
No, hence how such a view when you have no idea or have been to these events can you pass judgement on whether people from different ethnicity did also celebrate these events.
You're mixing two different types of events - sports events with national celebrations.  Indians probably wouldn't attend many tennis or football matches but would attend cricket - that's because it's one of their ethnic national sports.  So they're proud of cheering their home teams - India, Pakistan - what's wrong with that? Nothing.  That's because they're proud of their roots. But it's acceptable for them to be proud of their roots, but not for the English!  Ethnic national identity equals patriotism - English national identity equals racism...
avatar
Tess
.........
.........

Posts : 8654
Location : The end of the rainbow

Back to top Go down

Re: Best of British!!!

Post  nicko on Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:07 pm

I cheered my head off when watching ZULU.
avatar
nicko
.........
.........

Posts : 7644
Location : rainbow bridge

Back to top Go down

Re: Best of British!!!

Post  gone on Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:08 pm

+ vote given Nicko.... priceless.

gone
....
....

Posts : 573

Back to top Go down

Re: Best of British!!!

Post  guest... on Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:09 pm

@Tess wrote:
You're mixing two different types of events - sports events with national celebrations.  Indians probably wouldn't attend many tennis or football matches but would attend cricket - that's because it's one of their ethnic national sports.  So they're proud of cheering their home teams - India, Pakistan - what's wrong with that? Nothing.  That's because they're proud of their roots. But it's acceptable for them to be proud of their roots, but not for the English!  Ethnic national identity equals patriotism - English national identity equals racism...

 Er hello this was a sporting event that people are bemoaning ethnic people attending the event, have you not followed the thread Tess.Considering I go to watch sporting events do you think I am better placed than yourself to judge who they are supporting?
Years agi yes many did support their country of origin but heir children follow and support this country in the majority. The reality is yet again people have turned a major sporting win for Britain into as per usual some way to have a go at ethnic people, as what else do you call it when they should be congratulating Murray instead?

guest...
...........
...........

Posts : 21113

Back to top Go down

Re: Best of British!!!

Post  guest .. on Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:12 pm

Yet thousands of afro caribbeans (multi generationals) attend the Notting Hill carnival, along with thousands of indignious people, but the AC's don't support national identity events, very strange and somewhat insulting.

guest ..
.......
.......

Posts : 5243

Back to top Go down

Re: Best of British!!!

Post  Flix on Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:13 pm

Didge wrote:


Irony at its best you bemoan if people are not at an event of which you yourself have not attended, does that make you any less patriotic?
No, hence how such a view when you have no idea or have been to these events can you pass judgement on whether people from different ethnicity did also celebrate these events.

Don't be ridiculous, I've just said I've attended National events in London when I lived there and when visiting, now I attend events nearer to home, I'm asking what's wrong with the desperate wannabe Brits living in London, or those in other locals where such events take place, I'm not asking for an immigrant family living in Leeds to feel obliged go to London for Trooping the colour, obviously they can if they wish.

Flix
.......
.......

Posts : 5795

Back to top Go down

Re: Best of British!!!

Post  guest... on Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:16 pm

@Flix wrote:

Don't be ridiculous, I've just said I've attended National events in London when I lived there and when visiting, now I attend events nearer to home, I'm asking what's wrong with the desperate wannabe Brits living in London, or those in other locals where such events take place, I'm not asking for an immigrant family living in Leeds to feel obliged go to London for Trooping the colour, obviously they can if they wish.

 OMG if you have not been to events how do you know many have not, from what you saw on the tele? That is my point you are making the most lirrational statement in regards to those who attend or if they don't whether they are patriotic, it is such a lame view Flix. Many now watch these events like trooping the colour on TV and not everyone likes it also, does that make them any less patriotic? No of course not, sorry but you have a very strange understanding of what it means to be proud to be British

guest...
...........
...........

Posts : 21113

Back to top Go down

Re: Best of British!!!

Post  Flix on Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:21 pm

Didge wrote:

 OMG if you have not been to events how do you know many have not, from what you saw on the tele? That is my point you are making the most lirrational statement in regards to those who attend or if they don't whether they are patriotic, it is such a lame view Flix. Many now watch these events like trooping the colour on TV and not everyone likes it also, does that make them any less patriotic? No of course not, sorry but you have a very strange understanding of what it means to be proud to be British


No I don't, if people are so desperate top be here and join in I reckon its only logical that if they live in London theu would like to go and experience the event if possible and yes I watched it on tv where you get to see quite a lot more especially of the crowd, unless as I say it was a conspiracy to deliberately not show obvious ethnics, oh but wait the Trooping the colour is covered by the BBC so we should have had views of just about anything and everything pc and diverse.

Flix
.......
.......

Posts : 5795

Back to top Go down

Re: Best of British!!!

Post  guest... on Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:26 pm

@Flix wrote:


No I don't, if people are so desperate top be here and join in I reckon its only logical that if they live in London theu would like to go and experience the event if possible and yes I watched it on tv where you get to see quite a lot more especially of the crowd, unless as I say it was a conspiracy to deliberately not show obvious ethnics, oh but wait the Trooping the colour is covered by the BBC so we should have had views of just about anything and everything pc and diverse.

 That does not mean they are any less patriotic, that is your opinion that they should, even though many do, and how would you know being as you don't attend the events yourself. So you are telling me the cameras are able to post the view of every person at the events?
Sorry that was extremely poor Flix, the fact that those bemoaning people attending don't attend themselves shows how hypocritical thy are. Some show their patriotism through sport, some through the passion of the Royal family, I could go on, though it does not mean they have to be at everything or like everything, just as you sem to dislike some sports.

guest...
...........
...........

Posts : 21113

Back to top Go down

Re: Best of British!!!

Post  Flix on Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:26 pm

Didge wrote:

 That does not mean they are any less patriotic, that is your opinion that they should, even though many do, and how would you know being as you don't attend the events yourself. So you are telling me the cameras are able to post the view of every person at the events?
Sorry that was extremely poor Flix, the fact that those bemoaning people attending don't attend themselves shows how hypocritical thy are. Some show their patriotism through sport, some through the passion of the Royal family, I could go on, though it does not mean they have to be at everything or like everything, just as you sem to dislike some sports.


How do you say many do when cameras are continually scanning the crowds and there's a distinct lack of ethnic diversity especially one particular group who definately like to be seen to be different. I can't see how you don't see that I have said I have attended events in my location especially where there is a fairly large ethnic minority and Isaw for myself the lack of such in the surrounding crowds and that I question the non appearance of the conciderable amount of ethnic peoples in the London area not attending these events in London, no one is forcing them to do so but if they are so ardent to be Brits and assimilate you'd think they would be eager to join in at major cultural events in their new country, just how difficult is that to comprehend, especially when you have people of just about all ethnicities turning up from outside Britain for the royal wedding and the Jubilee.

Flix
.......
.......

Posts : 5795

Back to top Go down

Re: Best of British!!!

Post  Flap Zappa on Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:26 pm

I cannot abide sport at all, with the exception of golf.
In golf most people applaud the player not the country they are from

golf is not a tribal sport as can be shown by the fact that 10 to 100000 people can be held back by a bit of string and an old bloke with a cardboard sign.

_______________________________________________________________________
Socialists never tire of spending other peoples money

To the twittersphere
if you wish to comment on this or any other thread then sign up and have your say in more than 140 characters. All political persuasions welcome

The Artist Formally Known As D555 - - Follow on twitter: @in_a_flap              
avatar
Flap Zappa
...........
...........

Posts : 37743
Location : village of the sun

http://inaflap.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Best of British!!!

Post  mattiducatti on Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:08 pm

@Tess wrote:
You're mixing two different types of events - sports events with national celebrations.  Indians probably wouldn't attend many tennis or football matches but would attend cricket - that's because it's one of their ethnic national sports.  So they're proud of cheering their home teams - India, Pakistan - what's wrong with that? Nothing.  That's because they're proud of their roots. But it's acceptable for them to be proud of their roots, but not for the English!  Ethnic national identity equals patriotism - English national identity equals racism...


Tried giving a plus but flood control prevented it.



Bang on the money!


Ethnics are actively promoted to be loud and proud about their ethnicity and culture etc, English have to be this homogeneous all inclusive multi cult bullshit, any deviation and actual English culture ethnicity being promoted is a nono, considered racist and not inclusive!


What a load of bullshit we live in today, hypocrisy and double standards.


Pc twats have much to answer for!


avatar
mattiducatti
..........
..........

Posts : 11566

Back to top Go down

Re: Best of British!!!

Post  guest .. on Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:21 pm

Non idignious, non attendance for national events really says a lot doesn't it, it's not like we don't make them welcome, it's has to be racism on their part, they don't really want to mix with us, don't want to celebrate diversity, don't want to celebrate anything english or British or take part in anything clebrating our heritage.

I find it offensive, but not suprising, only lefties live in this make believe multi c eutopian Britain, right wingers and immigrants themselves know different.

guest ..
.......
.......

Posts : 5243

Back to top Go down

Re: Best of British!!!

Post  Flix on Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:25 pm

I agree with you Tom, I also love the fact that this planet is so multi cultural and diverse and I revel in finding out about other people's cultures, well most of it but that doesn't mean I want it all to be available here or in a any other country, and swamp the host country's culture its fine to have people come here for a new life but don't expect to just dig up your home turf and transplant it here, its great that we have things like China towns in some cities and various types of eateries with masses of exotic foods to try, it also great seeing Asian weddings taking place, you don't see the Chinese giving other people a hard time because of culture or religion and as someone said on a blog do many people stay awake worrying about the Amish or perhaps in Britain's case the Quakers?

Flix
.......
.......

Posts : 5795

Back to top Go down

Re: Best of British!!!

Post  tom sawyer on Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:20 pm

@Flix wrote:I agree with you Tom, I also love the fact that this planet is so multi cultural and diverse and I revel in finding out about other people's cultures, well most of it but that doesn't mean I want it all to be available here or in a any other country, and swamp the host country's culture its fine to have people come here for a new life but don't expect to just dig up your home turf and transplant it here, its great that we have things like China towns in some cities and various types of eateries with masses of exotic foods to try, it also great seeing Asian weddings taking place, you don't see the Chinese giving other people a hard time because of culture or religion and as someone said on a blog do many people stay awake worrying about the Amish or perhaps in Britain's case the Quakers?
we shall see what happens when the rest of our brothers are allowed in i cannot wait

tom sawyer
..........
..........

Posts : 10993

Back to top Go down

Re: Best of British!!!

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum