IN A FLAP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Predictions for first round of games this weekend

2 posters

Go down

Predictions for first round of games this weekend Empty Predictions for first round of games this weekend

Post  I'm the king Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:47 pm

Well I think this is going to be the closest 6 nations yet, with everyone in with a chance of winning the tournament. You may think I am mental but I do think Italy have a small chance, given how close the rest of the teams are the winning nation could only have to win 3 games. I would be very surprised if any team won the grandslam.

Scotland V England:

Edinburgh are flying high in the Heineken cup, topping a tough group playing really good attacking rugby, Glasgow are doing well in the celtic league based on good forward play. can Scotland combine the strengths and compete at the highest level

England are a complete unknown, new coach, young squad, one cap captain, Gary Neville giving motivational talks to them. This could go anyway, but it will make it exciting for England fans. Clubs haven't coped too well in Heineken cup but that means nothing

Prediction: Although I don't see Scotland being world beaters, I find it hard to bet against them as I don't see the youngsters in the England team coping well under the floodlights at murrayfield. (although if Robinson Picks Parks at 10 then the game is Englands)

Scotland to scrape it.

France V Italy

France are playing on the back of the craziest run to the WC final ever. The new coach will have instilled some belief in them again, but being France they too are hard to call.

Italy Improve every year and shocked France last year with that memorable win. But this followed with a pretty poor world cup. Having a former French coach as their new coach may help with Planning their downfall.

Prediction: I don't see France letting it slip again against the Italians
France by at least 15

Ireland v Wales

Ireland will have to struggle on without GOD himself, can they do it? Some Irish fans are getting a little bored with the predictability of squad selection and want new blood, Kidney has kept with the same squad for the world cup (pretty much). The team is aging and this may be their downfall, especially against the youthful English later in the Tournament.

Wales are full of confidence after their run to the semis, but I don't rate them at all. What did they actually do in the World cup, who did they beat? They have a good mix of youth and experience, but, to me, they aren't performing as good as they could be with the players on offer.

Prediction:

Probably the toughest game to call for me. Both teams aren't playing as good as they can. Ireland will be smartin after the world cup so I'll go with them

Ireland by 7

Well that's my 2p anybody else want to hazard a guess?

I'm the king

Back to top Go down

Predictions for first round of games this weekend Empty Re: Predictions for first round of games this weekend

Post  Guest Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:37 pm

Think it will be close between England and Scotland, England will win though, by a small margin. - France will have a resounding victory against Italy. - I have no idea how the Ireland/Wales will end up. It looks like it will be a cracker.

Back to top Go down

Predictions for first round of games this weekend Empty Re: Predictions for first round of games this weekend

Post  I'm the king Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:44 pm

Fred Bloggs wrote:Think it will be close between England and Scotland, England will win though, by a small margin. - France will have a resounding victory against Italy. - I have no idea how the Ireland/Wales will end up. It looks like it will be a cracker.

Since I made my predictions a few things have happened in relation to the outcome of the Calcutta cup match,

Firstly Scotland 'accidentally' put celebratory T'shirts on sale, England's team talk is written for them my prediction changes to

England to Scrape it

Then England named Robshaw as captain, which, no respect to the lad, is very risky so my prediction then changed to

Scotland to scrape it by the tiniest of margins

Then Robinson named Parks, the player who's selection took the wind out of every Scotland fans sails. prediction:

England to win by 7

Then England name Hodgson at 10, proving they don't want to play any actual rugby either, playing into Scotland's hands. so my prediction changes to:

Scotland to win by 5

Then the bookies put scotland as odds on favourites, which usually ends in tears, so again my mind changes:

England by 15

Then just now, the met office have changed the weather forecast to wind and snow so now I haven't got a bloody clue who will win, but I'm pretty sure it'll be a tense one whatever happens.

I stand by my other predictions though

I'm the king

Back to top Go down

Post  guest... Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:44 pm

Going for England win, France to win and Ireland to win.

guest...

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down