IN A FLAP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No can do

2 posters

Go down

No can do Empty No can do

Post  wyatt1 Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:28 am

Two fifths of Britons have hurt themselves grappling with packaging
No can do B9G9WF_2648009b
Some foods take more energy to open than they provide when consumed Photo: ALAMY

No can do Telegraph_view_log_1768893j
By Telegraph View
12:01AM BST 20 Aug 2013
No can do Comments1 Comment

At last, the true cause of the crisis in A&E is revealed – not Jeremy Hunt, or uncaring GPs, or even the 111 helpline. No, it is packaging. Monstrous, intractable, infuriating packaging. Whether taped or vacuum-sealed, cardboard or plastic, far too much of it is quite impervious to any attempt to prise it open. Not only is the ghastly stuff obstinate, it is practically sentient – for it defends itself vigorously when assaulted with scissors, knives or even hammers. Which? finds that two fifths of Britons have suffered in this conflict, with as many as half a million people sent to the doctor every year just for tin-can-related wounds. Such is the frustration that many of us are altering our shopping habits in the supermarket, in an attempt to avoid foods that take more energy to open than they provide when consumed. Is it too late to go back to brown paper bags?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/telegraph-view/10252421/No-can-do.html

In the past I have used a Bowie Knife, an Axe, Scissors and Teeth (when I had them)  and the damned thing was past its sell by date by the time I got into it.

wyatt1
wyatt1

Back to top Go down

No can do Empty Re: No can do

Post  Flix Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:03 pm

I had begun to think it was me getting feeble. I particularly hate the plastic packaging with the little (minute) free flap thing that you are suppose to hang on to and pull the covering off the package with, its impossible. Even those things on the top of milk bottles give me trouble and those sqeeze and twist tops, especially the cheaper ones, and not to mention the twist tops on soap dispensers, took me ages yesterday to free the pump noozle - ugh!

Flix

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum