IN A FLAP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Olympic landmark or fairground helter skelter? The Orbit divides opinion

4 posters

Go down

Olympic landmark or fairground helter skelter? The Orbit divides opinion Empty Olympic landmark or fairground helter skelter? The Orbit divides opinion

Post  Flap Zappa Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:21 am

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/olympics/news/9061770/Olympic-landmark-or-fairground-helter-skelter-The-Orbit-divides-opinion.html

I cannot believe it will cost a family of 4 £60 to go in it. What an utter rip off, at most it should cost no more than a pound or 2 to go to the top of a tower, and I think it should be free after all the british tax payer has stumped up £12billion or more for these games.

As to its artistic worth, well from the picture I would say that it is a pile of junk, I am well aware it may be different in the flesh so to speak, but Eiffel tower or statue of liberty it is not.
Flap Zappa
Flap Zappa

https://inaflap.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Olympic landmark or fairground helter skelter? The Orbit divides opinion Empty Re: Olympic landmark or fairground helter skelter? The Orbit divides opinion

Post  Tess Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:47 am

It's hideous. Why didn't they publicise the entries for a sculpture in a newspaper and let the public vote on what they want? Typical. This looks like a scrap metal dealer's just come back from a closed down fairground and bought up the remains of the helter skelter. Well its all made of metal, so I hope when they've finished it some enterprising pikeys will do us a favour and nick it in the middle of the night!
Tess
Tess

Back to top Go down

Olympic landmark or fairground helter skelter? The Orbit divides opinion Empty Re: Olympic landmark or fairground helter skelter? The Orbit divides opinion

Post  guest .. Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:14 pm

artist Anish Kapoor designed it, Lakshmi Mittal, the steel magnate and
Britain’s richest man, supplied the 1,400 tons of metal for the tower, at a
cost of £19.6 million, with the remaining £3.1 million coming from the
government.

Indian designed, indian steel, WTF has this got to do with British culture?

guest ..

Back to top Go down

Post  Flap Zappa Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:07 pm

MTC wrote:artist Anish Kapoor designed it, Lakshmi Mittal, the steel magnate and
Britain’s richest man, supplied the 1,400 tons of metal for the tower, at a
cost of £19.6 million, with the remaining £3.1 million coming from the
government.

Indian designed, indian steel, WTF has this got to do with British culture?

that is the only redeeming feature. Most of the steel was free, no doubt in gratitude for the passport labour sold him.
Flap Zappa
Flap Zappa

https://inaflap.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  jadeloue Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:16 pm

its ugly and i keep hoping some enterprising person will nick it and have it melted down
jadeloue
jadeloue

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down