Evolution sciences biggest joke....

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Evolution sciences biggest joke....

Post  Guest on Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:57 pm

First topic message reminder :

POST CREATED BY DELETED MEMBER YOURGRACEISENOUGH
I can't believe people fell for it...........affraid

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down


Re: Evolution sciences biggest joke....

Post  Hugh Jardon on Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:23 pm

In A Flap wrote:

sadly through the childish behaviour you exhibited you will not have the chance to put anyone on ignore.

Bless
avatar
Hugh Jardon
...........
...........

Posts : 15513
Location : Not up Dean's arse..or anyone's for that matter!

Back to top Go down

Re: Evolution sciences biggest joke....

Post  Flap Zappa on Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:49 pm

JARBBY THE RESUS wrote:
In A Flap wrote:

sadly through the childish behaviour you exhibited you will not have the chance to put anyone on ignore.

Bless

as this member is no longer here to argue his corner I am locking this thread. I would welcome anyone to open another serious thread on this topic as it is a worthy subject to debate in a grown up manner that certainly was attempted by one side of the argument.

should anyone care to argue the pro creationist side of this argument rather than start a new topic then feel free to PM me and I will unlock it for further comment

_______________________________________________________________________
Socialists never tire of spending other peoples money

To the twittersphere
if you wish to comment on this or any other thread then sign up and have your say in more than 140 characters. All political persuasions welcome

The Artist Formally Known As D555 - - Follow on twitter: @in_a_flap              
avatar
Flap Zappa
...........
...........

Posts : 36827
Location : village of the sun

http://inaflap.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Evolution sciences biggest joke....

Post  Hugh Jardon on Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:52 pm

In A Flap wrote:

as this member is no longer here to argue his corner I am locking this thread. I would welcome anyone to open another serious thread on this topic as it is a worthy subject to debate in a grown up manner that certainly was attempted by one side of the argument.

pls don't delete it though, it's so funny.and yes, I agree!
avatar
Hugh Jardon
...........
...........

Posts : 15513
Location : Not up Dean's arse..or anyone's for that matter!

Back to top Go down

Re: Evolution sciences biggest joke....

Post  Flap Zappa on Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:53 pm

JARBBY THE RESUS wrote:
In A Flap wrote:

as this member is no longer here to argue his corner I am locking this thread. I would welcome anyone to open another serious thread on this topic as it is a worthy subject to debate in a grown up manner that certainly was attempted by one side of the argument.

pls don't delete it though, it's so funny.and yes, I agree!

you are lucky you got in before I locked it

_______________________________________________________________________
Socialists never tire of spending other peoples money

To the twittersphere
if you wish to comment on this or any other thread then sign up and have your say in more than 140 characters. All political persuasions welcome

The Artist Formally Known As D555 - - Follow on twitter: @in_a_flap              
avatar
Flap Zappa
...........
...........

Posts : 36827
Location : village of the sun

http://inaflap.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Evolution sciences biggest joke....

Post  Flap Zappa on Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:39 pm

Unlocked for further debate. Anyone want to argue for the creationist side?

_______________________________________________________________________
Socialists never tire of spending other peoples money

To the twittersphere
if you wish to comment on this or any other thread then sign up and have your say in more than 140 characters. All political persuasions welcome

The Artist Formally Known As D555 - - Follow on twitter: @in_a_flap              
avatar
Flap Zappa
...........
...........

Posts : 36827
Location : village of the sun

http://inaflap.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Evolution sciences biggest joke....

Post  stardesk on Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:56 pm

Thanks Flappy.

Jarbby, why do you think the topic funny? Be more constructive and explain yourself.
avatar
stardesk
....
....

Posts : 508
Location : Anglia

Back to top Go down

Re: Evolution sciences biggest joke....

Post  Lady Godiva on Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:25 pm

Do I understand you have people on this forum not evolved enough to understand evolution?
avatar
Lady Godiva
..
..

Posts : 248

Back to top Go down

Re: Evolution sciences biggest joke....

Post  Flap Zappa on Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:52 pm

@stardesk wrote:Thanks Flappy.

Jarbby, why do you think the topic funny? Be more constructive and explain yourself.
I think JTR
was suggesting that the op's comments were funny. I am happy to see you and didge at least can offer a cogent argument for this topic. It is a shame that there is not anyone competent to argue the counter argument. the god squad never managed to offer any evidence or cogent argument on the numerous previous topics like this on other sites.

_______________________________________________________________________
Socialists never tire of spending other peoples money

To the twittersphere
if you wish to comment on this or any other thread then sign up and have your say in more than 140 characters. All political persuasions welcome

The Artist Formally Known As D555 - - Follow on twitter: @in_a_flap              
avatar
Flap Zappa
...........
...........

Posts : 36827
Location : village of the sun

http://inaflap.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Evolution sciences biggest joke....

Post  Flap Zappa on Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:54 pm

I personally would like more of these style of debates where people can argue the point without half killing each other Grinning

_______________________________________________________________________
Socialists never tire of spending other peoples money

To the twittersphere
if you wish to comment on this or any other thread then sign up and have your say in more than 140 characters. All political persuasions welcome

The Artist Formally Known As D555 - - Follow on twitter: @in_a_flap              
avatar
Flap Zappa
...........
...........

Posts : 36827
Location : village of the sun

http://inaflap.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Evolution sciences biggest joke....

Post  Lady Godiva on Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:02 pm

In A Flap wrote:I think JTR
was suggesting that the op's comments were funny. I am happy to see you and didge at least can offer a cogent argument for this topic. It is a shame that there is not anyone competent to argue the counter argument. the god squad never managed to offer any evidence or cogent argument on the numerous previous topics like this on other sites.



Could it be done? Surely the whole point from a creationist's point of view is that they believe it without being able to prove it. That kind of faith does not allow for another view, because if they admitted to any of it, the walls of their belief would come tumbling down.
avatar
Lady Godiva
..
..

Posts : 248

Back to top Go down

Re: Evolution sciences biggest joke....

Post  Guest on Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:44 pm

Can you prove there isnt a God?


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Evolution sciences biggest joke....

Post  Hugh Jardon on Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:17 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:Can you prove there isnt a God?


you can't prove the unprovable ...
avatar
Hugh Jardon
...........
...........

Posts : 15513
Location : Not up Dean's arse..or anyone's for that matter!

Back to top Go down

Re: Evolution sciences biggest joke....

Post  Flap Zappa on Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:29 pm

at the moment ricky Gervaise is having a bit of a twitter barney about a similar subject


Ricky Gervais
@rickygervais


I told Karl that genetically a chimpanzee differs from a human by only 1.4%.
Karl thought for a second and said "that's gotta be the arse"

_______________________________________________________________________
Socialists never tire of spending other peoples money

To the twittersphere
if you wish to comment on this or any other thread then sign up and have your say in more than 140 characters. All political persuasions welcome

The Artist Formally Known As D555 - - Follow on twitter: @in_a_flap              
avatar
Flap Zappa
...........
...........

Posts : 36827
Location : village of the sun

http://inaflap.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Evolution sciences biggest joke....

Post  stardesk on Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:02 am

Godiva, we've had some excellent debates about Evolution v. Creation, but because of a couple of people who were besotted with their religion, the discussion was one sided. Indeed there are people who haven't the faintest idea about anything to do with evolution. Over the last year or more I've presented evidence for evolution, and also evidence to prove the gross contradictions in Genesis.

If anyone is interested I'll start it all over again.

BTW, Flappy, chimpanzees have the mental abilities of a 3 year old human.
avatar
stardesk
....
....

Posts : 508
Location : Anglia

Back to top Go down

Re: Evolution sciences biggest joke....

Post  Flap Zappa on Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:10 am

@stardesk wrote:Godiva, we've had some excellent debates about Evolution v. Creation, but because of a couple of people who were besotted with their religion, the discussion was one sided. Indeed there are people who haven't the faintest idea about anything to do with evolution. Over the last year or more I've presented evidence for evolution, and also evidence to prove the gross contradictions in Genesis.

If anyone is interested I'll start it all over again.

BTW, Flappy, chimpanzees have the mental abilities of a 3 year old human.

shame the same can't be said for the person who started this thread ROFL

I really must follow my own advice about attacking the post and not the poster, but in his case ......

_______________________________________________________________________
Socialists never tire of spending other peoples money

To the twittersphere
if you wish to comment on this or any other thread then sign up and have your say in more than 140 characters. All political persuasions welcome

The Artist Formally Known As D555 - - Follow on twitter: @in_a_flap              
avatar
Flap Zappa
...........
...........

Posts : 36827
Location : village of the sun

http://inaflap.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Evolution sciences biggest joke....

Post  Guest on Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:35 am

JARBBY THE RESUS wrote:

you can't prove the unprovable ...

Exactly.

So if you cant prove HE doesnt exist how can you say he doesnt?


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Evolution sciences biggest joke....

Post  Flap Zappa on Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:42 am

SEXY MAMA wrote:
JARBBY THE RESUS wrote:

you can't prove the unprovable ...

Exactly.

So if you cant prove HE doesnt exist how can you say he doesnt?

but how can you prove he does.
the thing is that faith does not require proof and in fact is no longer faith if you can prove it.

_______________________________________________________________________
Socialists never tire of spending other peoples money

To the twittersphere
if you wish to comment on this or any other thread then sign up and have your say in more than 140 characters. All political persuasions welcome

The Artist Formally Known As D555 - - Follow on twitter: @in_a_flap              
avatar
Flap Zappa
...........
...........

Posts : 36827
Location : village of the sun

http://inaflap.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Evolution sciences biggest joke....

Post  Guest on Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:47 am

In A Flap wrote:
but how can you prove he does.
the thing is that faith does not require proof and in fact is no longer faith if you can prove it.


I never raised that question. I KNOW HE exists the burden of proof is on the the people who deny HE doesnt.

Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof.


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Evolution sciences biggest joke....

Post  stardesk on Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:52 pm

I'm sorry Mama, but all you have in the heart is blood being pumped around the body. Faith is a mental attitude. It is something within an individual's mental make-up which allows a certain amount of placing the onus for everything on a god. Believing in a god gives an individual a comforting niche where you can tap into hope, comfort, and of course the hope that you will continue to exist after your physical death. None of these attributes prove the existence of a god. I know what you mean when you said it's in your heart. Like love, we term it as something you feel in the heart. But for the sake of this argument none of this proves there is a god.
avatar
stardesk
....
....

Posts : 508
Location : Anglia

Back to top Go down

Re: Evolution sciences biggest joke....

Post  Guest on Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:15 pm

@stardesk wrote:I'm sorry Mama, but all you have in the heart is blood being pumped around the body. Faith is a mental attitude. It is something within an individual's mental make-up which allows a certain amount of placing the onus for everything on a god. Believing in a god gives an individual a comforting niche where you can tap into hope, comfort, and of course the hope that you will continue to exist after your physical death. None of these attributes prove the existence of a god. I know what you mean when you said it's in your heart. Like love, we term it as something you feel in the heart. But for the sake of
this argument none of this proves there is a god.

Hi Star but you cant prove HE doesnt exist thats my point.

You cant prove HE doesnt exist all you have are a series of events which the human mind has constructed as being logical.


Here is a video for you please watch it and let me know what you think

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aszXCD2dPeE&feature=youtube_gdata_player








Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Evolution sciences biggest joke....

Post  Hugh Jardon on Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:11 pm

@stardesk wrote:Thanks Flappy.

Jarbby, why do you think the topic funny? Be more constructive and explain yourself.

Excuse me?
To be a little more helpful...

We have members of the God Squad who believe in the baby jesus (aahhh), the bloody ark and all the rest of the sky fairy nonsense.
These are the very same people whose 'god' took it upon himself to not prevent their child getting hurt in a RTA..they were later thanking 'god' that he/she was relatively unharmed.

FFS...oh, in the meantime all 'faith' was lost.

faith is not proof and can never be proven.

How's that?
avatar
Hugh Jardon
...........
...........

Posts : 15513
Location : Not up Dean's arse..or anyone's for that matter!

Back to top Go down

Re: Evolution sciences biggest joke....

Post  Flap Zappa on Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:28 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:
In A Flap wrote:
but how can you prove he does.
the thing is that faith does not require proof and in fact is no longer faith if you can prove it.


I never raised that question. I KNOW HE exists the burden of proof is on the the people who deny HE doesnt.

Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof.


no, you believe he exists. just saying that you know something does not constitute proof and as I said before once you prove it it is not longer faith.

_______________________________________________________________________
Socialists never tire of spending other peoples money

To the twittersphere
if you wish to comment on this or any other thread then sign up and have your say in more than 140 characters. All political persuasions welcome

The Artist Formally Known As D555 - - Follow on twitter: @in_a_flap              
avatar
Flap Zappa
...........
...........

Posts : 36827
Location : village of the sun

http://inaflap.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Evolution sciences biggest joke....

Post  Flap Zappa on Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:33 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:
@stardesk wrote:I'm sorry Mama, but all you have in the heart is blood being pumped around the body. Faith is a mental attitude. It is something within an individual's mental make-up which allows a certain amount of placing the onus for everything on a god. Believing in a god gives an individual a comforting niche where you can tap into hope, comfort, and of course the hope that you will continue to exist after your physical death. None of these attributes prove the existence of a god. I know what you mean when you said it's in your heart. Like love, we term it as something you feel in the heart. But for the sake of
this argument none of this proves there is a god.

Hi Star but you cant prove HE doesnt exist thats my point.

You cant prove HE doesnt exist all you have are a series of events which the human mind has constructed as being logical.


Here is a video for you please watch it and let me know what you think

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aszXCD2dPeE&feature=youtube_gdata_player








that is an argument that does not really run though.
It can be proved that there is an evolutionary link between species. It can be backed up with physical evidence. REligion and faith are just that faith and do not need any proof.

the ancients were just as adamant that zeus and his pantheon existed. or odin and thor and the other norse gods existed, were they wrong, after all they KNEW they existed.

I have absolutely no problem with people and their faith. It does irritate me slightly when they say faith is proof because it is not.

_______________________________________________________________________
Socialists never tire of spending other peoples money

To the twittersphere
if you wish to comment on this or any other thread then sign up and have your say in more than 140 characters. All political persuasions welcome

The Artist Formally Known As D555 - - Follow on twitter: @in_a_flap              
avatar
Flap Zappa
...........
...........

Posts : 36827
Location : village of the sun

http://inaflap.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Evolution sciences biggest joke....

Post  stardesk on Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:34 pm

Thanks Jarbby, now I know where you're coming from. Indeed they said they'd lost -or nearly lost- their faith just because of an accident. How pathetic and weak their faith is.

Flappy, how right you are, faith, a mental condition, is not proof of anything, let alone a god. As you no doubt know, I like to highlight the contradictions in the Bible, and as the Koran states, in the chapter called 'The House of Imran,' that they accept much of the Old Testament characters and events, then I say that both Islam and Christianity are basing their beliefs on a lie. They have no credibility in the real world.
avatar
stardesk
....
....

Posts : 508
Location : Anglia

Back to top Go down

Re: Evolution sciences biggest joke....

Post  Flap Zappa on Sun Dec 25, 2011 12:20 am

@stardesk wrote:Thanks Jarbby, now I know where you're coming from. Indeed they said they'd lost -or nearly lost- their faith just because of an accident. How pathetic and weak their faith is.

Flappy, how right you are, faith, a mental condition, is not proof of anything, let alone a god. As you no doubt know, I like to highlight the contradictions in the Bible, and as the Koran states, in the chapter called 'The House of Imran,' that they accept much of the Old Testament characters and events, then I say that both Islam and Christianity are basing their beliefs on a lie. They have no credibility in the real world.

of course the contradictions in religious tomes is what allows the extremists to say what they like.
Much of the wording can be ambiguous and I heard some say, put 10 muslim religious scholars in a room and ask them about a text and they will come out with 20 different interpretations and I am sure it goes for other religions as well.


these books were written so long ago I am sure the original meanings like the languages have been lost in the sands of time. That is not to say they do not have some basic truths in them. Be nice to people and don't kill them seems to be up there at the top. I don't recall where it says but if they don't like my hat then off with their heads.

_______________________________________________________________________
Socialists never tire of spending other peoples money

To the twittersphere
if you wish to comment on this or any other thread then sign up and have your say in more than 140 characters. All political persuasions welcome

The Artist Formally Known As D555 - - Follow on twitter: @in_a_flap              
avatar
Flap Zappa
...........
...........

Posts : 36827
Location : village of the sun

http://inaflap.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum