Some more good books

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Some more good books

Post  Cass on Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:01 pm

Understanding the European Union: A Concise Introduction by John McCormick
2011, 5th Edition, Palgrave Macmillan ISBN 978-0-230-298835 or 298838

On Politics: A History of Political Thought by Alan Ryan
2 Vols., 2012, Liveright Publishing, ISBN: 978-0-87140-465-7

the second is quite big but it's on my list of to read....I love my job!
avatar
Cass
......
......

Posts : 3329
Location : Across the Pond

Back to top Go down

Re: Some more good books

Post  jadeloue on Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:41 pm

will order this at my local library you have my dream job
avatar
jadeloue
......
......

Posts : 2171
Location : borderline essex

Back to top Go down

Re: Some more good books

Post  Bert Assirati on Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:18 pm

Can you recommend anything by Roald Dahl as these two volumes would have me asleep before the preface.

Bert Assirati
......
......

Posts : 3739

Back to top Go down

Re: Some more good books

Post  Cass on Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:04 am

jadeloue wrote:will order this at my local library you have my dream job

It's hard work but I love it....you'd be surprised though at a lot of people who think it is just sitting at the desk checking books in and out and reading.....far from it  ROFL ....also the number of people who would swear blind on their mother's grave standing on one foot with fingers crossed that they returned the book - 3 weeks later it shows up in the drop box with nary an apology!

Finally after being here for 3 1/2 years I have gotten my own desk and work space with the other librarian and the techs are now mostly on the desk. I can put on my music and headphones and get on a roll with cataloging. YAY!
avatar
Cass
......
......

Posts : 3329
Location : Across the Pond

Back to top Go down

Re: Some more good books

Post  Cass on Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:05 am

jadeloue wrote:will order this at my local library you have my dream job

double post


as you can see though I hate IT ....or rather it hates me.
avatar
Cass
......
......

Posts : 3329
Location : Across the Pond

Back to top Go down

Re: Some more good books

Post  Cass on Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:07 am

Sister Mary wrote:Can you recommend anything by Roald Dahl as these two volumes would have me asleep before the preface.

I always like the Fantastic Mr. Fox and the Enormous Crocodile.
avatar
Cass
......
......

Posts : 3329
Location : Across the Pond

Back to top Go down

Re: Some more good books

Post  Bert Assirati on Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:56 am

Is that American dirty talk?


Matilda, The Twits and James and the giant peach.

Bert Assirati
......
......

Posts : 3739

Back to top Go down

Re: Some more good books

Post  gelico on Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:21 pm

Cass wrote:

It's hard work but I love it....you'd be surprised though at a lot of people who think it is just sitting at the desk checking books in and out and reading.....far from it  ROFL ....also the number of people who would swear blind on their mother's grave standing on one foot with fingers crossed that they returned the book - 3 weeks later it shows up in the drop box with nary an apology!

Finally after being here for 3 1/2 years I have gotten my own desk and work space with the other librarian and the techs are now mostly on the desk. I can put on my music and headphones and get on a roll with cataloging. YAY!

 woohoo 

so glad it's all going well cass x
avatar
gelico
.........
.........

Posts : 9044
Location : flapsville

Back to top Go down

Re: Some more good books

Post  Cass on Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:26 am

gelico wrote:

 woohoo 

so glad it's all going well cass x

Cheers babe hope it is for you too xxx
avatar
Cass
......
......

Posts : 3329
Location : Across the Pond

Back to top Go down

Re: Some more good books

Post  tom sawyer on Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:59 pm

Cass wrote:

Cheers babe hope it is for you too xxx

Hi Cass i went to the place called the library in Birmingham a couple of weeks ago
some place and very impressive, you also get a brilliant view over the city, have yoU been there yet? xx Tom

tom sawyer
..........
..........

Posts : 10993

Back to top Go down

Re: Some more good books

Post  Cass on Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:18 pm

tom sawyer wrote:

Hi Cass i went to the place called the library in Birmingham a couple of weeks ago
some place and very impressive, you also get a brilliant view over the city, have yoU been there yet? xx Tom
Hi tom,
Sorry I didn't see this earlier....no I haven't been but heard good reviews about it....another one I did visit and liked a lot was the millennium central library in Norwich...fantastic architecture and all the books...WOW.

Whenever I am on me hols, I always try and drop in to the local library, even if only a small branch and also in foreign countries too...kind of like a busman's holiday...it's always good to compare notes and perhaps pick up on some best practices or "borrow" ideas for layout, displays, new acquisitions.

I can't help myself  Grinning
avatar
Cass
......
......

Posts : 3329
Location : Across the Pond

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum