IN A FLAP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

finally got my books unpacked

+2
bill stickers
Flap Zappa
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

finally got my books unpacked - Page 2 Empty finally got my books unpacked

Post  Flap Zappa Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:28 pm

First topic message reminder :

and I have only been here 18months now
but at last I got my books unpacked onto my nice new shiny bookshelf which we had custom built for us and it only took less than a week. Now if only I can find somewhere to put the third of a room full of other boxes from the shipping it will all be done and we will have a spare room back.
finally got my books unpacked - Page 2 2012_034
Flap Zappa
Flap Zappa

https://inaflap.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

finally got my books unpacked - Page 2 Empty Re: finally got my books unpacked

Post  56kevins Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:26 pm

Flap Meister wrote:

well I am waiting for march 1st when the next in the honor harrington series comes out. I started reading them a couple of years ago when I found the first few free on the baen website, the next is the 13th and there are a few supplementary spin offs as well. Great science fiction on an epic scale.

and only $6 to download.

I've never got into scifi tbh. Though I remember reading Childhood's End and The Chrysalids in school as part of an EngLit exam. I remember enjoying them mind so I might try again.
I tend to listen to talking books more than read these days tbh. Though a couple of years ago I was an avid reader with always a paperback on the go.

56kevins

Back to top Go down

Post  Flap Zappa Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:34 pm

56kevins wrote:
Flap Meister wrote:

well I am waiting for march 1st when the next in the honor harrington series comes out. I started reading them a couple of years ago when I found the first few free on the baen website, the next is the 13th and there are a few supplementary spin offs as well. Great science fiction on an epic scale.

and only $6 to download.

I've never got into scifi tbh. Though I remember reading Childhood's End and The Chrysalids in school as part of an EngLit exam. I remember enjoying them mind so I might try again.
I tend to listen to talking books more than read these days tbh. Though a couple of years ago I was an avid reader with always a paperback on the go.

I unpacked childhoods end just yesterday Grinning
haven't read it for 20 or 30 years and cannot remember a thing about it, but I intend to read them all again one day.
I really enjoy science fiction, although there is a lot of rubbish sci fi, some is very good. Larry Niven, Issac Asimov, David Webber, Jerry Pournelle all produce excellent work.
One of my absolute favourites is a book called Lucifers hammer by Larry Niven and Jerry pournell and deals with a giant asteroid hitting the earth, going from the time it is discovered to the consequences and slow descent into barbarity after it hits. A cracking read.

I also love the diskworld books.
Flap Zappa
Flap Zappa

Back to top Go down

Post  Flap Zappa Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:35 pm

I think I will move this over to the bookshelf section as it seems to be developing that way
Flap Zappa
Flap Zappa

Back to top Go down

Post  56kevins Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:42 pm

Flap Meister wrote:

I unpacked childhoods end just yesterday finally got my books unpacked - Page 2 364988687
haven't read it for 20 or 30 years and cannot remember a thing about it, but I intend to read them all again one day.
I really enjoy science fiction, although there is a lot of rubbish sci fi, some is very good. Larry Niven, Issac Asimov, David Webber, Jerry Pournelle all produce excellent work.
One of my absolute favourites is a book called Lucifers hammer by Larry Niven and Jerry pournell and deals with a giant asteroid hitting the earth, going from the time it is discovered to the consequences and slow descent into barbarity after it hits. A cracking read.

I've got alot of the diskworld books as radio adaptations. They make great listening Guards Guards and the one where Vimes goes back in time and meets himself as a young man (can't remember the title) are very good. R4Xtra b/c them alot and there's quite a few on torrent and newsgroup sites (if you're into that sort of thing).
Just remembered the title Nightwatch (only listened to it yesterday this alzeimers is really doing my head in lol!)

56kevins

Back to top Go down

Post  Flap Zappa Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:57 pm

56kevins wrote:
Flap Meister wrote:

I unpacked childhoods end just yesterday finally got my books unpacked - Page 2 364988687

I've got alot of the diskworld books as radio adaptations. They make great listening Guards Guards and the one where Vimes goes back in time and meets himself as a young man (can't remember the title) are very good. R4Xtra b/c them alot and there's quite a few on torrent and newsgroup sites (if you're into that sort of thing).
Just remembered the title Nightwatch (only listened to it yesterday this alzeimers is really doing my head in lol!)
Yes I have a few of those from radio 4
I also got wyrd sisters and soul music as animated videos, and of course the colour of magic and hogfather from sky on DVD.
Flap Zappa
Flap Zappa

Back to top Go down

Post  Cass Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:09 pm

Flap Meister wrote:and I have only been here 18months now
but at last I got my books unpacked onto my nice new shiny bookshelf which we had custom built for us and it only took less than a week. Now if only I can find somewhere to put the third of a room full of other boxes from the shipping it will all be done and we will have a spare room back.
finally got my books unpacked - Page 2 2012_034

Love the book cases, i am well jealous but that is all the books that you have??? Pshaw that's nuthin lol!
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:09 pm

Copies of Playgirl don't count Cass Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cass Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:41 pm

Adrian Messenger wrote:Copies of Playgirl don't count Cass Smile

lol! damn n blast been caught out again...cheers keith for making me laff finally got my books unpacked - Page 2 1955600259
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2