IN A FLAP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ashya King: Inside the Prague Proton Therapy Centre where British five-year-old will be treated

Go down

Ashya King: Inside the Prague Proton Therapy Centre where British five-year-old will be treated Empty Ashya King: Inside the Prague Proton Therapy Centre where British five-year-old will be treated

Post  Guest Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:10 am

Walking through the front doors of the Proton Therapy Centre in Prague you could be forgiven for thinking this is the entrance to a one of those internet start-ups where people are paid to write down their thoughts in computer code.

Built into the right wall of the reception is an impressive 20-foot tropical fish tank where Nemo-like clown fish dance among real corals. On the left is a free coffee bar, while straight ahead grows a giant bonsai tree lit by shafts of sunlight pouring through the overhead atrium.
The gentle hum of air-conditioned silence pervades the designer space and the only hint of something medical going on within the newly finished building is the staff, dressed in their pristine whites and indoor shoes - in deference to the ultra-clean floors.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/ashya-king-inside-the-czech-proton-therapy-centre-9715200.html

Thought this might interest a few people here

Back to top Go down

Ashya King: Inside the Prague Proton Therapy Centre where British five-year-old will be treated Empty Re: Ashya King: Inside the Prague Proton Therapy Centre where British five-year-old will be treated

Post  Tess Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:38 am

Morning Didge. What's your take on this whole situation? I watched an interview with the NHS doctor speaking about it. TBH I thought his attitude stank. Don't know if he was the actual doctor involved who told the parents they'd have the child taken from them if they sought this treatment, but he was just so arrogant; not a word of apology for the way the parents were treated, just denial and, well, arrogance.
Tess
Tess

Back to top Go down

Ashya King: Inside the Prague Proton Therapy Centre where British five-year-old will be treated Empty Re: Ashya King: Inside the Prague Proton Therapy Centre where British five-year-old will be treated

Post  Guest Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:44 am

Tess wrote:Morning Didge.  What's your take on this whole situation?  I watched an interview with the NHS doctor speaking about it. TBH I thought his attitude stank.  Don't know if he was the actual doctor involved who told the parents they'd have the child taken from them if they sought this treatment, but he was just so arrogant; not a word of apology for the way the parents were treated, just denial and, well, arrogance.

Morning Tess

Is a difficult one, clearly there is a view here to not promote a view to have this treatment, which is poor to be honest, even though the treatment seems specialized to certain cancers.
But they should be offering as I have see this is the case within the NHS, so that is poor on those that denied them this and it should be funded to do so also.
Not seen the clip, so will take your word on this and if he has, then I agree he should say sorry for the upset that has been caused to this family.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down