IN A FLAP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Flix a great book

5 posters

Go down

Flix a great book  Empty Flix a great book

Post  eddie Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:54 pm

I'm sure we've chatted about books before? Anyway I know this is in the wrong section but I figured you'd be more likely to see it here.

I've just finished reading a Book called "Elizabeth is missing"

It's absolutely brilliant! I think it'll be (ruined) by a film or televised drama series
Go and read it now. Think you'll like it x
eddie
eddie

http://www.myspace.com/fireflyuk

Back to top Go down

Flix a great book  Empty Re: Flix a great book

Post  Flix Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:18 pm

eddie wrote:I'm sure we've chatted about books before? Anyway I know this is in the wrong section but I figured you'd be more likely to see it here.

I've just finished reading a Book called "Elizabeth is missing"

It's absolutely brilliant! I think it'll be (ruined) by a film or televised drama series
Go and read it now. Think you'll like it x
Thanks Eddie, I'll give it a try.

Flix

Back to top Go down

Post  harvesmom Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:46 pm

I just finished Lynda Bellinghams "Theres something I've been dying to tell you"

Typical of Autobiographies, it was all over the place and difficult to work out which period of time a chapter was referring to, I always liked her but was disappointed in the book tbh.
harvesmom
harvesmom

Back to top Go down

Post  eddie Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:24 am

harvesmom wrote:I just finished Lynda Bellinghams "Theres something I've been dying to tell you"

Typical of Autobiographies, it was all over the place and difficult to work out which period of time a chapter was referring to, I always liked her but was disappointed in the book tbh.

I can't abide autobiographies harves never read them.

Yes Dean, wrong section for this thread.....naughty edds crying
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post  eddie Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:25 am

Flix wrote:
Thanks Eddie, I'll give it a try.

Flix, Was it you who read Gone Girl?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post  Flix Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:38 pm

No, sorry not me. I sometimes read other types but generally stick to history or sci fi. Don't do biographies much unless its someone who has, how can I put it, actuallly done something. I'm going to try Elizabeth is missing though.

Flix

Back to top Go down

Post  eddie Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:18 pm

Flix wrote:No, sorry not me. I sometimes read other types but generally stick to history or sci fi. Don't do biographies much unless its someone who has, how can I put it, actuallly done something. I'm going to try Elizabeth is missing though.

It really is a good read and gets right into the mind of senility of the elderly.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post  wyatt1 Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:28 pm

eddie wrote:

It really is a good read and gets right into the mind of senility of the elderly.
Oi !!!  get out of my mind you !!  rage
wyatt1
wyatt1

Back to top Go down

Post  Flix Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:30 pm

Have you read any of the Fifty Shades Trilogy?  Not my kind of book though.

Flix

Back to top Go down

Post  gelico Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:21 am

eddie wrote:

i've read this book eddie

comical and heartbreaking

very cleverly written imo
gelico
gelico

Back to top Go down

Post  gelico Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:21 am

eddie wrote:

i've read this book eddie

comical and heartbreaking

very cleverly written imo
gelico
gelico

Back to top Go down

Post  gelico Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:25 am

Flix wrote:Have you read any of the Fifty Shades Trilogy?  Not my kind of book though.

lol!

hi flix

i confess i've read them.

i dont know why but my kids bought them for me christmas before last (i think it was simply because it was hot topic at the time)

there is a vague storyline but mostly it's about how much kinky sex you can fit into any one chapter.  i found the style of writing to be a bit immature if i'm honest.  i got through them though.

i also like historical novels (as long as there's not too much artistic licence, as i like it to be as close as possible to the real thing).  just finished captive queen (yet another eleanor of aquitaine).  at the moment i'm reading the red queen (margaret beaufort and the rise of henry vii).

eddie's suggestion is good though,,,,,,i really enjoyed it and it's a short book too
gelico
gelico

Back to top Go down

Post  gelico Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:27 am

wyatt1 wrote:

ROFL ROFL ROFL
gelico
gelico

Back to top Go down

Post  eddie Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:50 pm

gelico wrote:

lol!

hi flix

i dont know why but my kids bought them for me christmas before last (i think it was simply because it was hot topic at the time)

there is a vague storyline but mostly it's about how much kinky sex you can fit into any one chapter.  i found the style of writing to be a bit immature if i'm honest.  i got through them though.

i also like historical novels (as long as there's not too much artistic licence, as i like it to be as close as possible to the real thing).  just finished captive queen (yet another eleanor of aquitaine).  at the moment i'm reading the red queen (margaret beaufort and the rise of henry vii).

eddie's suggestion is good though,,,,,,i really enjoyed it and it's a short book too

You,read Elizabeth is missing Gels?
I loved the writing!
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post  eddie Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:51 pm

wyatt1 wrote:

Oops sorry wyatt! Didn't know you could hear what with your hearing aids and all Grinning
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post  gelico Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:47 pm

eddie wrote:

You,read Elizabeth is missing Gels?
I loved the writing!

so did I edds

The scene at the bus stop broke my heart,,,,,but then a few minutes later i would be chuckling about something (just the way it was written). I mean i fell about laughing when she said ''helen sighed which usually meant i've done something wrong. I do hope I haven't been rude to anyone. Apparantly I told some woman her teeth made her look like a horse. I certainly don't remember saying that but Helen assures me that I did'' but behind the comedy it's just so sad.....

very cleverly written imo.

gelico
gelico

Back to top Go down

Post  Flix Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:52 pm

gelico wrote:

lol!

hi flix

Those are my kind of novels. I like to read that stuff as a story and get the general idea and then maybe go on to the 'real' historical stuff. Right now I'm reading and watching Wolf Hall.

Flix

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down