Flix a great book

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Flix a great book

Post  eddie on Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:54 am

I'm sure we've chatted about books before? Anyway I know this is in the wrong section but I figured you'd be more likely to see it here.

I've just finished reading a Book called "Elizabeth is missing"

It's absolutely brilliant! I think it'll be (ruined) by a film or televised drama series
Go and read it now. Think you'll like it x
avatar
eddie
........
........

Posts : 7000
Location : heaven on earth

http://www.myspace.com/fireflyuk

Back to top Go down

Re: Flix a great book

Post  Flix on Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:18 am

eddie wrote:I'm sure we've chatted about books before? Anyway I know this is in the wrong section but I figured you'd be more likely to see it here.

I've just finished reading a Book called "Elizabeth is missing"

It's absolutely brilliant! I think it'll be (ruined) by a film or televised drama series
Go and read it now. Think you'll like it x
Thanks Eddie, I'll give it a try.

Flix
.......
.......

Posts : 5619

Back to top Go down

Re: Flix a great book

Post  harvesmom on Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:46 am

I just finished Lynda Bellinghams "Theres something I've been dying to tell you"

Typical of Autobiographies, it was all over the place and difficult to work out which period of time a chapter was referring to, I always liked her but was disappointed in the book tbh.
avatar
harvesmom
.....
.....

Posts : 1535

Back to top Go down

Re: Flix a great book

Post  eddie on Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:24 am

harvesmom wrote:I just finished Lynda Bellinghams "Theres something I've been dying to tell you"

Typical of Autobiographies, it was all over the place and difficult to work out which period of time a chapter was referring to, I always liked her but was disappointed in the book tbh.

I can't abide autobiographies harves never read them.


Yes Dean, wrong section for this thread.....naughty edds crying
avatar
eddie
........
........

Posts : 7000
Location : heaven on earth

http://www.myspace.com/fireflyuk

Back to top Go down

Re: Flix a great book

Post  eddie on Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:25 am

Flix wrote:
Thanks Eddie, I'll give it a try.


Flix, Was it you who read Gone Girl?
avatar
eddie
........
........

Posts : 7000
Location : heaven on earth

http://www.myspace.com/fireflyuk

Back to top Go down

Re: Flix a great book

Post  Flix on Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:38 pm

No, sorry not me. I sometimes read other types but generally stick to history or sci fi. Don't do biographies much unless its someone who has, how can I put it, actuallly done something. I'm going to try Elizabeth is missing though.

Flix
.......
.......

Posts : 5619

Back to top Go down

Re: Flix a great book

Post  eddie on Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:18 pm

Flix wrote:No, sorry not me. I sometimes read other types but generally stick to history or sci fi. Don't do biographies much unless its someone who has, how can I put it, actuallly done something. I'm going to try Elizabeth is missing though.

It really is a good read and gets right into the mind of senility of the elderly.
avatar
eddie
........
........

Posts : 7000
Location : heaven on earth

http://www.myspace.com/fireflyuk

Back to top Go down

Re: Flix a great book

Post  wyatt1 on Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:28 pm

eddie wrote:

It really is a good read and gets right into the mind of senility of the elderly.
Oi !!!  get out of my mind you !!  rage
avatar
wyatt1
..........
..........

Posts : 10025

Back to top Go down

Re: Flix a great book

Post  Flix on Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:30 pm

Have you read any of the Fifty Shades Trilogy?  Not my kind of book though.

Flix
.......
.......

Posts : 5619

Back to top Go down

Re: Flix a great book

Post  gelico on Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:21 pm

eddie wrote:

It really is a good read and gets right into the mind of senility of the elderly.


i've read this book eddie

comical and heartbreaking

very cleverly written imo
avatar
gelico
.........
.........

Posts : 9044
Location : flapsville

Back to top Go down

Re: Flix a great book

Post  gelico on Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:21 pm

eddie wrote:

It really is a good read and gets right into the mind of senility of the elderly.


i've read this book eddie

comical and heartbreaking

very cleverly written imo
avatar
gelico
.........
.........

Posts : 9044
Location : flapsville

Back to top Go down

Re: Flix a great book

Post  gelico on Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:25 pm

Flix wrote:Have you read any of the Fifty Shades Trilogy?  Not my kind of book though.

lol!

hi flix

i confess i've read them.

i dont know why but my kids bought them for me christmas before last (i think it was simply because it was hot topic at the time)

there is a vague storyline but mostly it's about how much kinky sex you can fit into any one chapter.  i found the style of writing to be a bit immature if i'm honest.  i got through them though.

i also like historical novels (as long as there's not too much artistic licence, as i like it to be as close as possible to the real thing).  just finished captive queen (yet another eleanor of aquitaine).  at the moment i'm reading the red queen (margaret beaufort and the rise of henry vii).

eddie's suggestion is good though,,,,,,i really enjoyed it and it's a short book too
avatar
gelico
.........
.........

Posts : 9044
Location : flapsville

Back to top Go down

Re: Flix a great book

Post  gelico on Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:27 pm

wyatt1 wrote:
Oi !!!  get out of my mind you !!  rage


ROFL ROFL ROFL
avatar
gelico
.........
.........

Posts : 9044
Location : flapsville

Back to top Go down

Re: Flix a great book

Post  eddie on Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:50 pm

gelico wrote:

lol!

hi flix

i confess i've read them.

i dont know why but my kids bought them for me christmas before last (i think it was simply because it was hot topic at the time)

there is a vague storyline but mostly it's about how much kinky sex you can fit into any one chapter.  i found the style of writing to be a bit immature if i'm honest.  i got through them though.

i also like historical novels (as long as there's not too much artistic licence, as i like it to be as close as possible to the real thing).  just finished captive queen (yet another eleanor of aquitaine).  at the moment i'm reading the red queen (margaret beaufort and the rise of henry vii).

eddie's suggestion is good though,,,,,,i really enjoyed it and it's a short book too

You,read Elizabeth is missing Gels?
I loved the writing!
avatar
eddie
........
........

Posts : 7000
Location : heaven on earth

http://www.myspace.com/fireflyuk

Back to top Go down

Re: Flix a great book

Post  eddie on Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:51 pm

wyatt1 wrote:
Oi !!!  get out of my mind you !!  rage


Oops sorry wyatt! Didn't know you could hear what with your hearing aids and all Grinning
avatar
eddie
........
........

Posts : 7000
Location : heaven on earth

http://www.myspace.com/fireflyuk

Back to top Go down

Re: Flix a great book

Post  gelico on Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:47 am

eddie wrote:

You,read Elizabeth is missing Gels?
I loved the writing!

so did I edds

The scene at the bus stop broke my heart,,,,,but then a few minutes later i would be chuckling about something (just the way it was written). I mean i fell about laughing when she said ''helen sighed which usually meant i've done something wrong. I do hope I haven't been rude to anyone. Apparantly I told some woman her teeth made her look like a horse. I certainly don't remember saying that but Helen assures me that I did'' but behind the comedy it's just so sad.....

very cleverly written imo.

avatar
gelico
.........
.........

Posts : 9044
Location : flapsville

Back to top Go down

Re: Flix a great book

Post  Flix on Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:52 am

gelico wrote:

lol!

hi flix

i confess i've read them.

i dont know why but my kids bought them for me christmas before last (i think it was simply because it was hot topic at the time)

there is a vague storyline but mostly it's about how much kinky sex you can fit into any one chapter.  i found the style of writing to be a bit immature if i'm honest.  i got through them though.

i also like historical novels (as long as there's not too much artistic licence, as i like it to be as close as possible to the real thing).  just finished captive queen (yet another eleanor of aquitaine).  at the moment i'm reading the red queen (margaret beaufort and the rise of henry vii).

eddie's suggestion is good though,,,,,,i really enjoyed it and it's a short book too
Those are my kind of novels. I like to read that stuff as a story and get the general idea and then maybe go on to the 'real' historical stuff. Right now I'm reading and watching Wolf Hall.

Flix
.......
.......

Posts : 5619

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum