IN A FLAP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sleeping tablets

+6
Flap Zappa
Tess
I'm the king
Durham
bill stickers
Hugh Jardon
10 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Sleeping tablets Empty Sleeping tablets

Post  Guest Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:48 am

So now i have ordered them again, because i can't sleep, and i function better as a carer when i'm in receipt of them.

Back to top Go down

Sleeping tablets Empty Re: Sleeping tablets

Post  Hugh Jardon Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:41 am

Philagain wrote:So now i have ordered them again, because i can't sleep, and i function better as a carer when i'm in receipt of them.

WHat a lovely story, Phylis.
I'm quite certain that they will be recommended to all carers after your analysis.
Hugh Jardon
Hugh Jardon

Back to top Go down

Post  bill stickers Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:14 pm

Philagain wrote:So now i have ordered them again, because i can't sleep, and i function better as a carer when i'm in receipt of them.

good on u

they recommend a minimum of 135 per year

in ur case

u should try it in a week

all ur problems will be solved

Sleeping tablets 1955600259

u can all thank me later
bill stickers
bill stickers

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugh Jardon Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:16 pm

bill stickers wrote:

good on u

in ur case

u can all thank me later

phylis has yet to thank me for highlighting such a concern...

down the vein...never across.... or so they say.
Hugh Jardon
Hugh Jardon

Back to top Go down

Post  Durham Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:32 pm

I do hope the scrounger isn't takin the ones that hit the headlines today - they could kill
Durham
Durham

Back to top Go down

Post  I'm the king Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:03 pm

bill stickers wrote:

good on u

in ur case

u can all thank me later

Bill thats uncalled for.

I'm the king

Back to top Go down

Post  Tess Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:14 pm

If only people knew how much better they'd feel if they didn't take this chemical crap. Phil, the old-fashioned mug of hot chocolate, a book to read, and the TV on in the background to distract your mind from problems, and you'll soon fall asleep. Get rid of the damn pills.
Tess
Tess

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugh Jardon Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:18 pm

Tess wrote:

If only people knew how much better they'd feel if they didn't take this chemical crap. Phil, the old-fashioned mug of hot chocolate, a book to read, and the TV on in the background to distract your mind from problems, and you'll soon fall asleep. Get rid of the damn pills.

or a quick jog around Hyde park....watch out for those pesky badgers!
Hugh Jardon
Hugh Jardon

Back to top Go down

Post  Durham Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:34 pm

Tess wrote:

Indeed Tess. A balanced diet, some exercise, hard days work and no alcohol are all great for ensuring s good nights sleep.
Durham
Durham

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:00 pm

Tess wrote:

I would agree with you that they are very bad for you. I haven't been on them for a few weeks and i ordered the latest lot after a really bad few nights of insomnia, i'm getting some sleep at the moment and this latest batch hasn't arrived yet as they come via Singapore.

The trick would be to only use them as a last resort, but saying that, isn't everything bad for you these days i read i recent government report that said that air pollution was causing loads of people to die an early death recently along with many other things.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tess Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:00 pm

Philagain wrote:

I would agree with you that they are very bad for you. I haven't been on them for a few weeks and i ordered the latest lot after a really bad few nights of insomnia, i'm getting some sleep at the moment and this latest batch hasn't arrived yet as they come via Singapore.

The trick would be to only use them as a last resort, but saying that, isn't everything bad for you these days i read i recent government report that said that air pollution was causing loads of people to die an early death recently along with many other things.

That's true - modern civilization - air pollution, poisonous chemicals in food and packaging, too many prescription pills, all causing people to be ill. Since I moved here I haven't had a cold or sore throat, which I used to get a lot in London, the air's fresh (if a bit cold), and I feel as fit as a fiddle. Suppose it depends on how much you value city life.
Tess
Tess

Back to top Go down

Post  bill stickers Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:12 pm

Tess wrote:

That's true - modern civilization - air pollution, poisonous chemicals in food and packaging, too many prescription pills, all causing people to be ill. Since I moved here I haven't had a cold or sore throat, which I used to get a lot in London, the air's fresh (if a bit cold), and I feel as fit as a fiddle. Suppose it depends on how much you value city life.

nothing like Irish air

Sleeping tablets 2698908354
bill stickers
bill stickers

Back to top Go down

Post  Flap Zappa Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:59 pm

Tess wrote:

listen to a speech by neil kinnock
Flap Zappa
Flap Zappa

https://inaflap.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Flap Zappa Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:05 pm

Philagain wrote:
Tess wrote:

phil what is wrong with the doctor?
these sound a little dodgy.
I know what you mean about not being able to sleep. I wake up about every hour through the night as I have a painful shoulder at the moment. I haven't had a good nights sleep in years now. However I would not go down the sleeping pills route. It is far too easy to become reliant on them.
if you haven't got them already, I recommend a really heavy pair of curtains or even a sleeping mask. A dark room is so much better for sleeping. I can't abide waking up when the sun shines through the curtains.

Also no tea coffee or other stimulants after 6pm will do wonders.
Flap Zappa
Flap Zappa

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:22 pm

Flap Meister wrote:

I know what you mean about not being able to sleep. I wake up about every hour through the night as I have a painful shoulder at the moment. I haven't had a good nights sleep in years now. However I would not go down the sleeping pills route. It is far too easy to become reliant on them.
if you haven't got them already, I recommend a really heavy pair of curtains or even a sleeping mask. A dark room is so much better for sleeping. I can't abide waking up when the sun shines through the curtains.

I don't visit my GP unless absolutely necessary. He's a very good GP and i've been with him for over fifteen years, trouble is he is always trying to 'plonk me in the middle of the Arizona desert if he could' and he is always on my case when i used to go when i was required to do so.

I have never liked a completely dark room. Sometimes i need to get up during the night and i like to see where i'm going, so we leave the bathroom light on to provide some.

I know what you mean by bright light in the morning in hot countries, but i have two large conifer trees outside of my bedroom window, and London isn't Turkey. Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post  Flap Zappa Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:29 pm

Philagain wrote:
Flap Meister wrote:

I don't visit my GP unless absolutely necessary. He's a very good GP and i've been with him for over fifteen years, trouble is he is always trying to 'plonk me in the middle of the Arizona desert if he could' and he is always on my case when i used to go when i was required to do so.

I have never liked a completely dark room. Sometimes i need to get up during the night and i like to see where i'm going, so we leave the bathroom light on to provide some.

I know what you mean by bright light in the morning in hot countries, but i have two large conifer trees outside of my bedroom window, and London isn't Turkey. Rolling Eyes

I've always been the opposite, I have always had a really dark room. I get around by feel if I have to get up.
I can rarely sleep in the light.
another good thing is don't go to bed right after you finish a session here. give yourself an hour or two to wind down. I usually try and read for an hour or so after finishing here. It stops all the crap going round in your mind.
Flap Zappa
Flap Zappa

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:42 pm

Flap Meister wrote:

I've always been the opposite, I have always had a really dark room. I get around by feel if I have to get up.
I can rarely sleep in the light.
another good thing is don't go to bed right after you finish a session here. give yourself an hour or two to wind down. I usually try and read for an hour or so after finishing here. It stops all the crap going round in your mind.

Oh. This place is nothing in comparison to real life pressures, that goes without saying!

If i was to follow my GP's advice then i would be away for six months somewhere, and there would be no one to take care of Doug and he couldn't manage on his own.

I do wind down from here by listening to music etc. Grinning Grinning Grinning

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:36 am

http://www.earplugs.co.uk/?gclid=CMzX-p_Nzq4CFWwntAodb3jjtg

I haven't started to use the silicone ones, but we are aware you wouldn't hear the phone or smoke detector going off..I did get my Zopliclone thorough today, so since we both had, had a few really bad days with the neighbours noise, he wants one tonight as well! along with the plugs. Cool

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:54 am

Why don't you just increase your alcohol intake Phillipa, a small increase to 3 bottles of vodka a night might just do the trick. It's always good to get a really good nights sleep. bounce bounce bounce

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:08 pm

Philagain wrote:http://www.earplugs.co.uk/?gclid=CMzX-p_Nzq4CFWwntAodb3jjtg

I haven't started to use the silicone ones, but we are aware you wouldn't hear the phone or smoke detector going off..I did get my Zopliclone thorough today, so since we both had, had a few really bad days with the neighbours noise, he wants one tonight as well! along with the plugs. Cool

I suggest you talk to your GP Phil and seek their advise

Back to top Go down

Post  gerber Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:25 pm

Philagain wrote:http://www.earplugs.co.uk/?gclid=CMzX-p_Nzq4CFWwntAodb3jjtg

Several pillows over ones head held down firmly might do the trick lol! lol!
gerber
gerber

Back to top Go down

Post  creepy Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:26 pm

Good food, good exercise, fresh air and a clear conscience are all that is required for a natural and replenishing sleep.

creepy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:17 pm

boomboomafridi wrote:Good food, good exercise, fresh air and a clear conscience are all that is required for a natural and replenishing sleep.

That rules our Phil out then. On all counts

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:05 pm

boomboomafridi wrote:Good food, good exercise, fresh air and a clear conscience are all that is required for a natural and replenishing sleep.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/insomniac

Only if you are not an insomniac. It's a medically recognized condition.

Back to top Go down

Post  gerber Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:11 pm

Philagain wrote:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/insomniac

Only if you are not an insomniac. It's a medically recognized condition.

Sleep during the day then. Put the TV on and drift off, not difficult with the Timothy that is screened.

Just in case, night night, hope your bed bug bites in all the right places Smile
gerber
gerber

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next