lynyrd skynyrd

View previous topic View next topic Go down

lynyrd skynyrd

Post  56kevins on Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:15 am


56kevins
......
......

Posts : 3238
Location : Nottingham

Back to top Go down

Re: lynyrd skynyrd

Post  Flap Zappa on Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:28 am

saw them at knebworth in 1976

great lineup finishing with the rolling stones

The Rolling Stones, 10cc, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Todd Rundgren's Utopia , Hot Tuna , Don Harrison Band.


_______________________________________________________________________
Socialists never tire of spending other peoples money

To the twittersphere
if you wish to comment on this or any other thread then sign up and have your say in more than 140 characters. All political persuasions welcome

The Artist Formally Known As D555 - - Follow on twitter: @in_a_flap              
avatar
Flap Zappa
...........
...........

Posts : 36814
Location : village of the sun

http://inaflap.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: lynyrd skynyrd

Post  56kevins on Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:56 am

@Flap Zappa wrote:saw them at knebworth in 1976

great lineup finishing with the rolling stones

The Rolling Stones, 10cc, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Todd Rundgren's Utopia , Hot Tuna , Don Harrison Band.

That was a mighty concert. I've never seen Lynyrd Skynyrd live. I'm quite into "Southern Rock" as they called nowadays. Did you notice that Johnny took over his older brother Ronnie.

56kevins
......
......

Posts : 3238
Location : Nottingham

Back to top Go down

Re: lynyrd skynyrd

Post  Flap Zappa on Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:57 pm

@56kevins wrote:
@Flap Zappa wrote:saw them at knebworth in 1976

great lineup finishing with the rolling stones

The Rolling Stones, 10cc, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Todd Rundgren's Utopia , Hot Tuna , Don Harrison Band.

That was a mighty concert. I've never seen Lynyrd Skynyrd live. I'm quite into "Southern Rock" as they called nowadays. Did you notice that Johnny took over his older brother Ronnie.
i think they were all alive when I saw them. Free bird has to be one of the best guitar songs ever

_______________________________________________________________________
Socialists never tire of spending other peoples money

To the twittersphere
if you wish to comment on this or any other thread then sign up and have your say in more than 140 characters. All political persuasions welcome

The Artist Formally Known As D555 - - Follow on twitter: @in_a_flap              
avatar
Flap Zappa
...........
...........

Posts : 36814
Location : village of the sun

http://inaflap.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: lynyrd skynyrd

Post  56kevins on Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:37 pm

@Flap Zappa wrote:
i think they were all alive when I saw them. Free bird has to be one of the best guitar songs ever

Yes they were. Ronnie was still alive in 1976. 1977 was the day the pilots crashed the plane. Amongst some of his group, his backing singers and roadies. That's what I love about utube ..... eveythings free

56kevins
......
......

Posts : 3238
Location : Nottingham

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum