IN A FLAP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HOW DARE THEY...!

4 posters

Go down

HOW DARE THEY...! Empty HOW DARE THEY...!

Post  dragonfly Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:30 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiuqCa_b_M4

TTIP.

This message needs to be shouted out before next week. Anyone who wants to vote remain...IS THIS WHAT YOU WANT?
dragonfly
dragonfly

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

HOW DARE THEY...! Empty Re: HOW DARE THEY...!

Post  Abdul Abulbul Amir Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:06 pm

Not another one who can't post videos.    ROFL

Abdul Abulbul Amir

Back to top Go down

Post  dragonfly Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:16 pm

Its unbelievable, we have to get the hell out of this. And GM can go to hell.

al..xx
dragonfly
dragonfly

Back to top Go down

Post  Flix Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:14 pm

All this gets by because people just aren't interested, they vote in a government, if they bother at all and let them get on with it, while the electorate get on with BB and Coronation Street, a lot of the people have been conditioned not to bother, others are put off by the sleaze, lies and empty promises of our elected representatives who will just do the party tells them or what gets them what they want and stuff the electorate. Those that do vote do so in the naive belief and hope that those elected will do the best for the country and people, I suppose thinking about it, they do, only its not the best for this country and this country's people.

Flix

Back to top Go down

Post  dragonfly Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:50 pm

Flix wrote:All this gets by because people just aren't interested, they vote in a government, if they bother at all and let them get on with it, while the electorate get on with BB and Coronation Street, a lot of the people have been conditioned not to bother, others are put off by the sleaze, lies and empty promises of our elected representatives who will just do the party tells them or what gets them what they want and stuff the electorate. Those that do vote do so in the naive belief and hope that those elected will do the best for the country and people, I suppose thinking about it, they do, only its not the best for this country and this country's people.
I spoke to someone voting remain because the EU funded the course she was on.  I tried to explain that we gave them that money to give to us but I may as well have spoken to a retard. She was completely gone, brainwashed to smithereens.

I just don't know why brexit campaigners haven't made more of this TTIP issue when they're being interviewed. This deal is utter madness in the highest degree and I'm sure it would change a few minds if it was openly explained.
dragonfly
dragonfly

Back to top Go down

Post  Flix Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:36 pm

Seriously I can't understand what's going on, why would any sane person, even the politicians, even consider TTIP, someone appears to want to bring down anything that looks remotely like democracy, with all that's been happening lately and indeed over a good few years and western politicians are aiding and abetting it wholeheartedly.  Rome is starting to burn and we've got almost an entire population fiddling.

Flix

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord Edmund Moletrousers Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:47 am

dragonfly wrote:Its unbelievable, we have to get the hell out of this. And GM can go to hell.

al..xx

I guess I'm going to upset you, Dragonfly, as well as some other posters, but while I agree with a lot of what you say and will be voting "leave" next week, the issue of genetically modified crops is one that is not going to go away, political and commercial chicanery not withstanding.

Twenty years ago I was quite up to date with technical developments as well as the moral and ethical considerations, simply because it was part of my job - to the extent that I had to explain and even defend the GM research work being done, the reasons why it was being done...and the likely consequences of it not being done.

I'm now way, way behind the times, but I still think that without genetic modification in both agriculture (crops and livestock) and in horticulture (fruit and vegetable production)  the world faces starvation on a massive scale, and the ones who will suffer most are the poor and disadvantaged....in developed economies simply because they will not be able to afford the standards of nourishment that they need and in backward or even developing economics because they will  be neither affordable nor available.

The fact is that the world population is increasing at such a rate that the existing availability of food, in world terms, is inadequate.

As more and more people quite rightly demand increasing and better food supplies, world prices will rise in line with those demands...with the richest obviously taking the lion's share at the expense of the poorest.

Genetic modification, both to increase yields and to improve resistance to pests and diseases without increasing the amount or toxicity of pesticides, herbicides, fungicides or veterinary medicines, is going to be the only answer in my opinion.

There's been a lot of scaremongering about essential crop trials, with campaigners dressing up in military style NBC suits  and going on the rampage to destroy them.

But the fact is that GM started when someone first  had the bright idea of pollinating one species of grass with another to produce barley, or crossing a sheep with an even bigger sheep to produce one that could feed and clothe two families instead of one.
Lord Edmund Moletrousers
Lord Edmund Moletrousers

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum