Migraines Could Be Caused By Bacteria Found In Your Mouth, Study Finds

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Migraines Could Be Caused By Bacteria Found In Your Mouth, Study Finds

Post  dirge on Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:48 pm

Bacteria found in the mouth and gut has been linked to migraines in a new study.
Researchers discovered that people who suffer migraines have significantly more nitrate-modifying bacteria in their mouths and gut, than those who don’t.
The finding could explain why some people report migraines after consuming foods containing nitrates such as ham, bacon, salami, sausages and leafy greens.
Experts now hope to analyse why migraine sufferers have higher levels of the bacteria in their mouths and gut.
They believe the development of a “probiotic mouthwash” could help sufferers combat the debilitating headaches in future.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/migraines-could-be-caused-by-bacteria-found-in-mouth_uk_5807295ee4b0dcd02990098b?utm_hp_ref=uk

dirge
......
......

Posts : 3144

Back to top Go down

Re: Migraines Could Be Caused By Bacteria Found In Your Mouth, Study Finds

Post  Flix on Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:32 pm

That's interesting, except for the way people are affected by migraines, some start late in life and you are stuck with them, others find they begin young and the incidence diminishes as they get older. My father's started later in life and got worse, I can remember all sorts of odd feelings from when I was quite young, I didn't understand them and just used to tell my mother that I felt strange. I was taken to various doctors who eventually told my mother to cut my very long hair, as it must be taking my strength (yes it was that long ago). I now know my strange feelings were auras which built up to some really bad migraines in my teens right through to my thirties, they then became less regular to now being scarce. I have suffered with what I now know are hemiplegic migraines for years but only really found out relatively recently what they actually were. I've been taken to hospital by worried co workers because I've lost my speech and had total one side loss of feeling, I knew it wasn't strokes because the effects would usually change sides the next time and by the time I'd get to hospital I was recovering feeling and getting a massive head ache that would hurt just moving your head even slightly, which could last up to 4 or 5 days. Its bright lights and strangely, smells that seem to start it off sometimes nothing obvious. I've had some very strange feelings with auras, feeling out of body wholely or slightly to the left or right of my actual body, feeling that 'me' is very small and somewhere in the very back of my head, looking out at the world from what seemed a very long way away.  I've forgotten more weird feelings than I remember.

Flix
.......
.......

Posts : 5572

Back to top Go down

Re: Migraines Could Be Caused By Bacteria Found In Your Mouth, Study Finds

Post  dirge on Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:36 pm

Not something I know much about to be honest Flix in regards to migraines, but if this does lead to a break though, then for the many it does effect this way. It can only be of benefit.

Sorry to hear though, what you have to go through, I doubt many can even begin to imagine what that feels like.

dirge
......
......

Posts : 3144

Back to top Go down

Re: Migraines Could Be Caused By Bacteria Found In Your Mouth, Study Finds

Post  Flix on Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:46 pm

I've been told at various times that it was hormonal, although how that wors for men I'm not sure, then there was high blood pressure  not a problem for me though at the time, last going off it was linked to epilepsy that is electrical problems in the brain triggering the blood vessel in your head swelling and causing the auras and the loss of feeling, then the release of the swelling causing the headache, I found that explanation to be fairly convincing.  So this is another new angle which may have some truth in it I suppose.

Flix
.......
.......

Posts : 5572

Back to top Go down

Re: Migraines Could Be Caused By Bacteria Found In Your Mouth, Study Finds

Post  dirge on Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:51 pm

@Flix wrote:I've been told at various times that it was hormonal, although how that wors for men I'm not sure, then there was high blood pressure  not a problem for me though at the time, last going off it was linked to epilepsy that is electrical problems in the brain triggering the blood vessel in your head swelling and causing the auras and the loss of feeling, then the release of the swelling causing the headache, I found that explanation to be fairly convincing.  So this is another new angle which may have some truth in it I suppose.



Very interesting. I am working for the NHS again and I am learning all the time more on physiology.
It is one of the fields though with neurology. Where there is still so many answers scientists are yet to find out about.

dirge
......
......

Posts : 3144

Back to top Go down

Re: Migraines Could Be Caused By Bacteria Found In Your Mouth, Study Finds

Post  Flix on Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:02 pm

How a body functions is amazing and interesting, a real feat of biological engineering all worked by electricity and hormones but the brain is something else or possibly just as easy to understand the workings when we do figure it out. I've been interested in reports of people filming 'souls' leaving bodies at the moment of death in motor accidents etc. It looks very convincing but I suppose anything can be faked these days and there seems to be a sudden rash of this being recorded. Just an electrically operated biological machine where everything finishes once the power supply stops for whatever reason or a soul inhabited electronically operated biological vehicle that is discarded eventually?

Flix
.......
.......

Posts : 5572

Back to top Go down

Re: Migraines Could Be Caused By Bacteria Found In Your Mouth, Study Finds

Post  dirge on Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:07 pm

@Flix wrote:How a body functions is amazing and interesting, a real feat of biological engineering all worked by electricity and hormones but the brain is something else or possibly just as easy to understand the workings when we do figure it out. I've been interested in reports of people filming 'souls' leaving bodies at the moment of death in motor accidents etc. It looks very convincing but I suppose anything can be faked these days and there seems to be a sudden rash of this being recorded. Just an electrically operated biological machine where everything finishes once the power supply stops for whatever reason or a soul inhabited electronically operated biological vehicle that is discarded eventually?


Yeah, there seems to be a spate of these videos on youtube, which I am highly skeptical of. Espcially, when they all turn up by the dozen all of a sudden, but I am still opeb minded. Its easy o be influenced over where such cases are real based on own mortality. I accepted a long time ago, that I was mortal and accept death when that time comes, as am at peace. Hence why I enjoy this life.

There is though definately questions needing to be answered with where children have very good memories of past experinces in other lives.
So its an open field as far as I am concerned.

dirge
......
......

Posts : 3144

Back to top Go down

Re: Migraines Could Be Caused By Bacteria Found In Your Mouth, Study Finds

Post  Flix on Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:37 pm

Yes, If I, one inevitable day in the future, I wake up on a fluffy white cloud, wearing wings and holding a harp I'll be very pleasantly suprised, especially if all my family and friends are around.
As for people with memories of past lives, I always wonder if there is some kind of electrical resonance that remains somewhere a bit like an echo that can be picked up and stored in an unborn or very young child. A sort of collective consciousness, although some people are 'reborn' hundreds of miles away or in different countries.  Same with hauntings - echoes of some past event so emotional its left a repeating imprint in a building or place.

Flix
.......
.......

Posts : 5572

Back to top Go down

Re: Migraines Could Be Caused By Bacteria Found In Your Mouth, Study Finds

Post  dirge on Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:41 pm

@Flix wrote:Yes, If I, one inevitable day in the future, I wake up on a fluffy white cloud, wearing wings and holding a harp I'll be very pleasantly suprised, especially if all my family and friends are around.
As for people with memories of past lives, I always wonder if there is some kind of electrical resonance that remains somewhere a bit like an echo that can be picked up and stored in an unborn or very young child. A sort of collective consciousness, although some people are 'reborn' hundreds of miles away or in different countries.  Same with hauntings - echoes of some past event so emotional its left a repeating imprint in a building or place.


Or maybe we are just part of one big computer game, that plays out our lives. That sometimes there is a malfuntion whent the player dies and starts a new game. Where memories from the previous game have failed to be erazed. We take it for granted that we are real, when its quite possible, we are just some form of entertainment, played out within a game.
The game of Life.

dirge
......
......

Posts : 3144

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum