IN A FLAP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Labour Discontent As 100 MPs Abstain From Party’s Own Vote On Yemen Civil War

2 posters

Go down

Labour Discontent As 100 MPs Abstain From Party’s Own Vote On Yemen Civil War Empty Labour Discontent As 100 MPs Abstain From Party’s Own Vote On Yemen Civil War

Post  dirge Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:20 am

The Labour leadership has suffered humiliation in Parliament after more than 100 of its MPs refused to back its own motion calling for the UK to withdraw support for the Saudi-led coalition involved in the Yemen civil war.
Labour’s Shadow Defence Secretary Emily Thornberry championed the motion in the Commons - but it was defeated by 283 votes to 193.
It means 102 Labour MPs abstained or were not around to vote - a highly unusual number for a so-called Opposition day debate - which represents around half of the Parliamentary Labour Party.
One Labour MP told HuffPost UK it was a “shambles” to lose and then have the rival Government motion approved without a vote.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/labour-100-mps-abstain-yemen-civil-war_uk_58111367e4b0672ea687abc1?dius3evn52bbakyb9&utm_hp_ref=uk

It won't be long before Labour ends up splinting into two parties and then they will be truly finished.
It seems the west is realizing that Iran is indeed the greater threat at the moment

dirge

Back to top Go down

Labour Discontent As 100 MPs Abstain From Party’s Own Vote On Yemen Civil War Empty Re: Labour Discontent As 100 MPs Abstain From Party’s Own Vote On Yemen Civil War

Post  Flap Zappa Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:22 am

didge wrote:The Labour leadership has suffered humiliation in Parliament after more than 100 of its MPs refused to back its own motion calling for the UK to withdraw support for the Saudi-led coalition involved in the Yemen civil war.
Labour’s Shadow Defence Secretary Emily Thornberry championed the motion in the Commons - but it was defeated by 283 votes to 193.
It means 102 Labour MPs abstained or were not around to vote - a highly unusual number for a so-called Opposition day debate - which represents around half of the Parliamentary Labour Party.
One Labour MP told HuffPost UK it was a “shambles” to lose and then have the rival Government motion approved without a vote.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/labour-100-mps-abstain-yemen-civil-war_uk_58111367e4b0672ea687abc1?dius3evn52bbakyb9&utm_hp_ref=uk

It won't be long before Labour ends up splinting into two parties and then they will be truly finished.
It seems the west is realizing that Iran is indeed the greater threat at the moment
I said back in 2010 that labour would lurch to the left and eventually split into 2 parties.
My only surprise is that it has taken so long. but it will probably happen after 2020, if not before
Flap Zappa
Flap Zappa

https://inaflap.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Labour Discontent As 100 MPs Abstain From Party’s Own Vote On Yemen Civil War Empty Re: Labour Discontent As 100 MPs Abstain From Party’s Own Vote On Yemen Civil War

Post  dirge Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:27 am

Flap Zappa wrote:
I said back in 2010 that labour would lurch to the left and eventually split into 2 parties.
My only surprise is that it has taken so long. but it will probably happen after 2020, if not before

It could happen sooner. It seems they see Corbyn and his extremist lefties more of a threat to the Uk than the Tories.
At least those Labour MP's standing defiant against Corbyn are right about something for a change

dirge

Back to top Go down

Post  Flap Zappa Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:42 am

didge wrote:
Flap Zappa wrote:

It could happen sooner. It seems they see Corbyn and his extremist lefties more of a threat to the Uk than the Tories.
At least those Labour MP's standing defiant against Corbyn are right about something for a change
yes it could, although I am not sure the current mp's have the backbone for it.However after they get trounced in 2020 it may well give the impetus for them to create a new party
Flap Zappa
Flap Zappa

Back to top Go down

Post  dirge Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:58 am

Flap Zappa wrote:
yes it could, although I am not sure the current mp's have the backbone for it.However after they get trounced in 2020 it may well give the impetus for them to create a new party

What could be more interesting if it was mainly the anti-Corbyn MP's that retained their seats, with his supporters losing theirs.
Then it may not require that, but put it this way, it may as well be two Labour Parties in opposition at the moment, more at odds with each other than the Tories.

dirge

Back to top Go down

Post  Flap Zappa Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:03 am

didge wrote:
Flap Zappa wrote:

What could be more interesting if it was mainly the anti-Corbyn MP's that retained their seats, with his supporters losing theirs.
Then it may not require that, but put it this way, it may as well be two Labour Parties in opposition at the moment, more at odds with each other than the Tories.
that would be delicious irony.
Flap Zappa
Flap Zappa

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down