Cruelty to animals that isn't obvious to some but obvious to you!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cruelty to animals that isn't obvious to some but obvious to you!

Post  blackie7 on Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:30 pm

Keeping goldfish in little glass bowls and given away as prizes on fairgrounds as prizes. Disgusting to me !

blackie7
......
......

Posts : 2374

Back to top Go down

Re: Cruelty to animals that isn't obvious to some but obvious to you!

Post  nicko on Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:42 pm

I think that was stopped a few years ago mate.
avatar
nicko
........
........

Posts : 7408
Location : rainbow bridge

Back to top Go down

Re: Cruelty to animals that isn't obvious to some but obvious to you!

Post  blackie7 on Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:51 pm

@nicko wrote:I think that was stopped a few years ago mate.

No it wasn't unfortunately Nicks, similarly people who work all day put their dogs in cages until they get home which to me should end up with them in court on cruelty charges.
Sorry to upset you but I love animals more than people Thumbs up

blackie7
......
......

Posts : 2374

Back to top Go down

Re: Cruelty to animals that isn't obvious to some but obvious to you!

Post  harvesmom on Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:38 pm

I always thought it had been stopped as well Nicko but apparently not. I was at a Summer Fair this year and the fairground people were giving goldfish out, I was horrified to be honest so I checked. As long as the child is accompanied by someone over 16 its still legal. Awful.
avatar
harvesmom
.....
.....

Posts : 1556

Back to top Go down

Re: Cruelty to animals that isn't obvious to some but obvious to you!

Post  Flap Zappa on Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:49 pm

@harvesmom wrote:I always thought it had been stopped as well Nicko but apparently not. I was at a Summer Fair this year and the fairground people were giving goldfish out, I was horrified to be honest so I checked. As long as the child is accompanied by someone over 16 its still legal. Awful.
i think there are plenty of things in the world that are somewhat more awful.
A single female goldfish will produce thousands of eggs and if not removed will be eaten by all the other goldfish.
why people would pay to try and win one at the fair when they wont buy one for less is beyond me.

_______________________________________________________________________
Socialists never tire of spending other peoples money

To the twittersphere
if you wish to comment on this or any other thread then sign up and have your say in more than 140 characters. All political persuasions welcome

The Artist Formally Known As D555 - - Follow on twitter: @in_a_flap              
avatar
Flap Zappa
...........
...........

Posts : 37195
Location : village of the sun

http://inaflap.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Cruelty to animals that isn't obvious to some but obvious to you!

Post  blackie7 on Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:01 pm

@Flap Zappa wrote:
i think there are plenty of things in the world that are somewhat more awful.
A single female goldfish will produce thousands of eggs and if not removed will be eaten by all the other goldfish.
why people would pay to try and win one at the fair when they wont buy one for less is beyond me.
Of course there are Zippy but we need to educate people that cruelty doesn't only apply to our pets Puke

blackie7
......
......

Posts : 2374

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum