IN A FLAP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Disabled Robbed Of Dignity

2 posters

Go down

Disabled Robbed Of Dignity Empty Disabled Robbed Of Dignity

Post  Major Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:08 pm

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/paralympic-athlete-robbed-dignity-forced-12396816

It is not always possible to cater for all disabled people.

The toilets on trains and aircraft are so tiny
Major
Major

Back to top Go down

Disabled Robbed Of Dignity Empty Re: Disabled Robbed Of Dignity

Post  Flix Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:31 pm

We couldn't have helped in those circumstances, but we usually ask people disabled/elderly (are we supposed to say disabled) if they need or want any assistance, usually we can help, sometimes we get a no thank you, quite often we get told to 'go away' in no uncertain terms. I hope she wasn't saying people in Britain are ignorant of disability.  Did it say how she came to Britain I'm presuming she's resident here.

Flix

Back to top Go down

Post  Major Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:46 pm

Flix wrote:We couldn't have helped in those circumstances, but we usually ask people disabled/elderly (are we supposed to say disabled) if they need or want any assistance, usually we can help, sometimes we get a no thank you, quite often we get told to 'go away' in no uncertain terms. I hope she wasn't saying people in Britain are ignorant of disability.  Did it say how she came to Britain I'm presuming she's resident here.

Can you see the video? Flix
Major
Major

Back to top Go down

Post  Flix Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:08 pm

This bleeping laptop has a mind of its own. Yes I just managed to see at least a similar one. The disabled loo was out of order, not good at all. I also saw the story of the Maltezers advert girl she tried to get on a train and found her area she had booked to use with her wheel chair was full of luggage, she was taken to another carriage to find the same problem, no one seemed to know what to do, eventually he baggage was moved so she could sit in the space but couldn't get past the baggage to get to the toilet. Its ridiculous, if there are staff on the train they should have the brains and the authority to keep disabled places free and indeed the passageway and door ways passable for everyone, what happens if a train needs to be evacuated in a hurry.

Flix

Back to top Go down

Post  Major Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:03 pm

Flix wrote:This bleeping laptop has a mind of its own. Yes I just managed to see at least a similar one. The disabled loo was out of order, not good at all. I also saw the story of the Maltezers advert girl she tried to get on a train and found her area she had booked to use with her wheel chair was full of luggage, she was taken to another carriage to find the same problem, no one seemed to know what to do, eventually he baggage was moved so she could sit in the space but couldn't get past the baggage to get to the toilet. Its ridiculous, if there are staff on the train they should have the brains and the authority to keep disabled places free and indeed the passageway and door ways passable for everyone, what happens if a train needs to be evacuated in a hurry.

Our trains are becoming like those in India, we will be clinging onto the outsides sune
Major
Major

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum