The Oscar's

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Oscar's

Post  Major on Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:55 pm

The Hollywood A-listers seated in the front row of Sunday night's Academy Awards were just as stunned as viewers at home when it was revealed that the Best Picture award had accidentally been given to the makers of La La Land.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4264642/Photo-shows-crowd-reaction-Oscars-mix-up.html#ixzz4ZugRYNsE 
Follow us: - | -


What a positive shower, how embarrassing.
avatar
Major
......
......

Posts : 2206

Back to top Go down

Re: The Oscar's

Post  Syl on Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:35 pm

I saw that bit on the news...poor old Warren, he hasn't been seen for years and on his first appearance for ages he is given the wrong card to read out....which made him look really stupid in front of millions..

Serves him right for being such a womaniser in his day. ROFL

Syl
....
....

Posts : 796

Back to top Go down

Re: The Oscar's

Post  Flap Zappa on Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:03 pm

When people in $34,000 clothes, give each other golden statues and tell me about equality.

I however have been boycotting the oscars for 6 decades now

_______________________________________________________________________
Socialists never tire of spending other peoples money

To the twittersphere
if you wish to comment on this or any other thread then sign up and have your say in more than 140 characters. All political persuasions welcome

The Artist Formally Known As D555 - - Follow on twitter: @in_a_flap              
avatar
Flap Zappa
...........
...........

Posts : 36932
Location : village of the sun

http://inaflap.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Sammy

Post  Major on Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:00 pm

Sam got it wrong many moons ago.

In 1964, Sammy Davis Junior was hosting the prestigious award ceremony when he was handed the wrong envelope when presenting the Oscar for Best Music Score.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4265678/Sammy-Davis-Jr-announced-wrong-Oscar-winner-1964.html#ixzz4ZyqaGwCd 
Follow us: - | -
avatar
Major
......
......

Posts : 2206

Back to top Go down

Re: The Oscar's

Post  Syl on Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:38 pm

I bet someone will be sued billions (well it is America) over this.
It was a total farce really.....the most important award of the night and someone passes the presenter the wrong card to announce.
How difficult can it be?

Syl
....
....

Posts : 796

Back to top Go down

Re: The Oscar's

Post  Lord Edmund Moletrousers on Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:40 pm

Syl wrote:I saw that bit on the news...poor old Warren, he hasn't been seen for years and on his first appearance for ages he is given the wrong card to read out....which made him look really stupid in front of millions..

Serves him right for being such a womaniser in his day. ROFL

Yes, early morning BBC news is usually full of doom and gloom, but that bulletin started the day off well...the funniest thing I've seen in years. All those luvvies in a total tizwaz with the bloke who had to announce the cock-up looking like a bulldog who had swallowed a wasp!
avatar
Lord Edmund Moletrousers
........
........

Posts : 7215

Back to top Go down

Re: The Oscar's

Post  Flap Zappa on Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:59 pm

Syl wrote:I bet someone will be sued billions (well it is America) over this.
It was a total farce really.....the most important award of the night and someone passes the presenter the wrong card to announce.
How difficult can it be?
I was impressed by warren beatty passing the card to faye dunaway to actually announce the result. I have a feeling he suspected the card was wrong and he was showing it to dunaway to confirm it and she like the performing seal most of them are just read out whatever was placed in front of her.

_______________________________________________________________________
Socialists never tire of spending other peoples money

To the twittersphere
if you wish to comment on this or any other thread then sign up and have your say in more than 140 characters. All political persuasions welcome

The Artist Formally Known As D555 - - Follow on twitter: @in_a_flap              
avatar
Flap Zappa
...........
...........

Posts : 36932
Location : village of the sun

http://inaflap.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: The Oscar's

Post  Syl on Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:44 pm

Flap Zappa wrote:
I was impressed by warren beatty passing the card to faye dunaway to actually announce the result. I have a feeling he suspected the card was wrong and he was showing it to dunaway to confirm it and she like the performing seal most of them are just read out whatever was placed in front of her.
I agree that's exactly what happened....I liked the way he spoke afterwards,  explaining that he wasn't trying to be funny, but that  he really was perplexed when he saw Emma Stones name on the card above Lala land.....that would confuse someone if they were reading out best film.

Faye very neatly blended into the background after the mistake was noted didn't she? a pro till the end. giggle

Syl
....
....

Posts : 796

Back to top Go down

Re: The Oscar's

Post  Syl on Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:49 pm

Lord Edmund Moletrousers wrote:

Yes, early morning BBC news is usually full of doom and gloom, but that bulletin started the day off well...the funniest thing I've seen in years. All those luvvies in a total tizwaz  with the bloke who had to announce the cock-up looking like a bulldog who had swallowed a wasp!
It was a real TV highlight. Grinning
I watched the shortened version of the Oscars because I like to see the frocks and also the obituary segment... but .they didn't even show that in the highlights.

Syl
....
....

Posts : 796

Back to top Go down

Re: The Oscar's

Post  smelly-bandit on Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:08 pm

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

thats all i got to say on that
avatar
smelly-bandit
......
......

Posts : 3481

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum