AIRLANDER

View previous topic View next topic Go down

AIRLANDER

Post  Lord Edmund Moletrousers on Thu May 11, 2017 11:21 am

Anyone remember the crash of the giant airship Airlander at Cardington, near Bedford last year? My last sight of it was from about 100 yards away, nose down, crew gondola smashed and looking very, very sorry for itself.

My house is only a few miles from the airfield and hangars where the beast was built and is based, and while I was gardening yesterday evening I heard the distinctive drone of engines and looked up...and there she was, approaching above the trees just a few hundred yards away and at low altitude.

Press and TV photographs don't do it justice to the thing...it's gigantic and about three times the size of the Goodyear blimp that featured in the James Bond film. (I got a flight in the first one built back in the 1970s because as a journo on the local paper I knew the Goodyear PR man).

I managed to get some great shots on my iphone as she was circling above me for about 20 minutes...the only problem is I haven't a clue how to download them to here!
Lord Edmund Moletrousers

Back to top Go down

Re: AIRLANDER

Post  Lord Edmund Moletrousers on Thu May 11, 2017 11:28 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I saw in from this very spot about half an hour after the crash, while I was on my way back home from shopping in Bedford.
Lord Edmund Moletrousers

Back to top Go down

Post  fatbob5 on Sun May 14, 2017 4:19 pm

Looks like a beast, im jealous of you Lord Edmund

Grinning
fatbob5

Back to top Go down

Post  fatbob5 on Sun May 14, 2017 4:26 pm

To download a photo you need to use the icon the red arrow is pointing to

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]