Grenfell Towers White City Tower Block Fire

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Grenfell Towers White City Tower Block Fire

Post  Major on Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:12 pm

Petrified residents were seen throwing themselves and their children out of windows to avoid being burned to death - others made makeshift ropes by tying sheets together.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4601902/Huge-inferno-West-London-tower-block.html#ixzz4jyTOu9s4 
Follow us: - | -




Scotland Yard says six have died and the death toll will rise amid claims dozens are still missing after fire engulfed Grenfell Tower in White City at 1am today.


Several people are feared dead after a fire tore through the Grenfell tower block in West London in the early hours of Wednesday morning. At least 60 people are being treated in hospital. 



Dreadful, the cladding on the outside is suspect fire hazard. 
avatar
Major
......
......

Posts : 2106

Back to top Go down

Re: Grenfell Towers White City Tower Block Fire

Post  smelly-bandit on Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:34 pm

I wonder if they were remain voters??
avatar
smelly-bandit
......
......

Posts : 3439

Back to top Go down

Re: Grenfell Towers White City Tower Block Fire

Post  smelly-bandit on Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:12 pm

I wonder how many of these lovely blonde haired blue eyes liberal ladies opening their hearts and homes to the former tenants of the raging inferno will be getting rapd and robbed by scumbags abusing their hospitality?? 

These nutters wouldn't opening their homes to strangers on a normal day, so why now??
avatar
smelly-bandit
......
......

Posts : 3439

Back to top Go down

Re: Grenfell Towers White City Tower Block Fire

Post  Major on Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:10 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I wonder how many of these lovely blonde haired blue eyes liberal ladies opening their hearts and homes to the former tenants of the raging inferno will be getting rapd and robbed by scumbags abusing their hospitality?? 

These nutters wouldn't opening their homes to strangers on a normal day, so why now??



Their misguided consciouses prick them.

This a catastrophe without doubt but when it first came on the news this morning everyone being interviewed was NOT ENGLISH, bleeding forunuz.
avatar
Major
......
......

Posts : 2106

Back to top Go down

Re: Grenfell Towers White City Tower Block Fire

Post  Flap Zappa on Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:37 pm

Looking at the pictures and videos, if 6 is the only death toll then its a miracle.

it certainly seems that the new clading on the building certainly helped with spreading the fire, but probably best wait for the bodies to get cold before heaping blame on people.,

_______________________________________________________________________
Socialists never tire of spending other peoples money

To the twittersphere
if you wish to comment on this or any other thread then sign up and have your say in more than 140 characters. All political persuasions welcome
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] The Artist Formally Known As D555 - - Follow on twitter: @in_a_flap              [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
Flap Zappa
...........
...........

Posts : 36818
Location : village of the sun

http://inaflap.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Grenfell Towers White City Tower Block Fire

Post  smelly-bandit on Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:39 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Looking at the pictures and videos, if 6 is the only death toll then its a miracle.

it certainly seems that the new clading on the building certainly helped with spreading the fire, but probably best wait for the bodies to get cold before heaping blame on people.,

That's not the way we do things around here Dean 

Everyone knows that sexism racism xenophobia islamophobia homophobia and bigotry are to blame 

And white people, we are to blame for everything
avatar
smelly-bandit
......
......

Posts : 3439

Back to top Go down

Re: Grenfell Towers White City Tower Block Fire

Post  smelly-bandit on Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:11 pm

are the residents of this tower block going to be fined for their huge CO2 emissions??
avatar
smelly-bandit
......
......

Posts : 3439

Back to top Go down

Re: Grenfell Towers White City Tower Block Fire

Post  gelico on Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:32 pm



i couldn't sleep last night and was watching this happen live on twitter. lots of people posting up videos all the time of it getting more and more damaged.

apparently someone's fridge exploded but i thought the flats were sectioned off in case of a fire. they were told to stay in their flats. fire brigade arrived within 6 minutes but it still went up very quickly and fiercely

avatar
gelico
.........
.........

Posts : 9043
Location : flapsville

Back to top Go down

Re: Grenfell Towers White City Tower Block Fire

Post  Flix on Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:44 pm

I can't believe it was engulfed so quickly, the fire was travelling up and across the outside of the building by the look of it, by the cladding, you don't see many buildings with the outside walls on fire.
Its just awful, hard to believe in this day and age. One stairway going all the way up the same side, a huge chimney. You'd think it would have been designed with two stairways or at least changed the side every ten storeys or something.
I wouldn't want to live on the 24th? floor of anywhere, whatever the view.

Flix
.......
.......

Posts : 5566

Back to top Go down

Re: Grenfell Towers White City Tower Block Fire

Post  Flap Zappa on Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:37 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I can't believe it was engulfed so quickly, the fire was travelling up and across the outside of the building by the look of it, by the cladding, you don't see many buildings with the outside walls on fire.
Its just awful, hard to believe in this day and age. One stairway going all the way up the same side, a huge chimney. You'd think it would have been designed with two stairways or at least changed the side every ten storeys or something.
I wouldn't want to live on the 24th? floor of anywhere, whatever the view.
it was built in 1974. probably to a standard design.
It spread because of the new cladding. that seems like a given.
What is also a given is that labour and their supporters have been scoring political points since early this morning before the dead have even been extinguished.
the time for blame is after the fire has been fully investigated. It is managed by a private company , but I believe run by the residents.

_______________________________________________________________________
Socialists never tire of spending other peoples money

To the twittersphere
if you wish to comment on this or any other thread then sign up and have your say in more than 140 characters. All political persuasions welcome
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] The Artist Formally Known As D555 - - Follow on twitter: @in_a_flap              [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
Flap Zappa
...........
...........

Posts : 36818
Location : village of the sun

http://inaflap.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Grenfell Towers White City Tower Block Fire

Post  Major on Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:51 am

When we had 2 months holiday in Vegas we went to a penthouse suite at 67 levels, bit scary looking over a balcony at night.

Our levels are small potatoes.

Looking live on TV it does appear that the outside burning is a major fault.
avatar
Major
......
......

Posts : 2106

Back to top Go down

Re: Grenfell Towers White City Tower Block Fire

Post  nicko on Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:46 am

Not sure how a burning Fridge can set fire to the outside of a Building.   I heard that the cladding was Plastic,  if so it should have been fire proofed !
avatar
nicko
........
........

Posts : 7270
Location : rainbow bridge

Back to top Go down

Re: Grenfell Towers White City Tower Block Fire

Post  fatbob5 on Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:14 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I wonder how many of these lovely blonde haired blue eyes liberal ladies opening their hearts and homes to the former tenants of the raging inferno will be getting rapd and robbed by scumbags abusing their hospitality?? 

These nutters wouldn't opening their homes to strangers on a normal day, so why now??
Imagine if there was not one single rape as a result of Good Samaritans helping out.
That would be a big disappointment for you
avatar
fatbob5
..........
..........

Posts : 11093
Location : Cardiff

Back to top Go down

Re: Grenfell Towers White City Tower Block Fire

Post  nicko on Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:21 am

We now find out that under the cladding there was some kind of insulation  witch did not appear to be fire proof.

But it's no  good making guesses,  we have to wait for the truth.
avatar
nicko
........
........

Posts : 7270
Location : rainbow bridge

Back to top Go down

Re: Grenfell Towers White City Tower Block Fire

Post  Lord Edmund Moletrousers on Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:29 am

Looking at the latest pics of the building I am full of amazement at how those brave firefighters are still working in and around a building that seems to be on the point of at least partial collapse.

Every singe one of those guys and gals deserve a George Medal for what they are doing, and for sheer guts and devotion to duty they match those wartime firemen who carried on unquestioningly throughout the bombing, many of them losing their own lives.

As a nation we should be very, very proud of them and I hope that when all this is over suitable recognition on our behalf will be shown.
avatar
Lord Edmund Moletrousers
........
........

Posts : 7205

Back to top Go down

Re: Grenfell Towers White City Tower Block Fire

Post  fatbob5 on Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:48 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Looking at the latest pics of the building I am full of amazement at how those brave firefighters are still working in and around a building that seems to be on the point of at least partial collapse.

Every singe one of those guys and gals deserve a George Medal for what they are doing, and for sheer guts and devotion to duty they match those wartime firemen who carried on unquestioningly throughout the bombing, many of them losing their own lives.

As a nation we should be very, very proud of them and I hope that when all this is over suitable recognition on our behalf will be shown.
Great Post
Smile
avatar
fatbob5
..........
..........

Posts : 11093
Location : Cardiff

Back to top Go down

Re: Grenfell Towers White City Tower Block Fire

Post  Flap Zappa on Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:11 pm

if this is true then the police need to get involved

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

_______________________________________________________________________
Socialists never tire of spending other peoples money

To the twittersphere
if you wish to comment on this or any other thread then sign up and have your say in more than 140 characters. All political persuasions welcome
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] The Artist Formally Known As D555 - - Follow on twitter: @in_a_flap              [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
Flap Zappa
...........
...........

Posts : 36818
Location : village of the sun

http://inaflap.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Grenfell Towers White City Tower Block Fire

Post  smelly-bandit on Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:38 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Imagine if there was not one single rape as a result of Good Samaritans helping out.
That would be a big disappointment for you

Trust me bob, there will be, they just won't be reported because everyone likes the feel good factor of "communities coming together" 

You really think the local scumbags won't be taking advantage of this??
avatar
smelly-bandit
......
......

Posts : 3439

Back to top Go down

Re: Grenfell Towers White City Tower Block Fire

Post  smelly-bandit on Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:42 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Looking at the latest pics of the building I am full of amazement at how those brave firefighters are still working in and around a building that seems to be on the point of at least partial collapse.

Every singe one of those guys and gals deserve a George Medal for what they are doing, and for sheer guts and devotion to duty they match those wartime firemen who carried on unquestioningly throughout the bombing, many of them losing their own lives.

As a nation we should be very, very proud of them and I hope that when all this is over suitable recognition on our behalf will be shown.

A medal for what they are doing?? 

What that's?? Their jobs?? 

Some cretin firefighter in the DM said he was "forced to brave the inferno", I bet no one "forces"  him to take his paycheck. 

We as a society have sunk to new depths when we are calling people heroes for doing their jobs. 

Lets land on "they are doing their jobs very well" and leave it at that
avatar
smelly-bandit
......
......

Posts : 3439

Back to top Go down

Re: Grenfell Towers White City Tower Block Fire

Post  Major on Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:03 pm

How about medals for our armed forces PRIVATES which do a dangerous job.

I agree our firemen are brave but they are not alone in society.
They are paid to do an EASY job for most of their working days, they are not called out to many incidents which are a danger to themselves albeit we are glad to see them when something nasty happens. 

Where does it stop???

When I was much younger I used to go to our main fire station as my mates dad was ADO, the snooker table was the most used piece of equipment there.

NOT knocking, just saying.
avatar
Major
......
......

Posts : 2106

Back to top Go down

Re: Grenfell Towers White City Tower Block Fire

Post  Lord Edmund Moletrousers on Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:07 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

A medal for what they are doing?? 

What that's?? Their jobs?? 

Some cretin firefighter in the DM said he was "forced to brave the inferno", I bet no one "forces"  him to take his paycheck. 

We as a society have sunk to new depths when we are calling people heroes for doing their jobs. 

Lets land on "they are doing their jobs very well" and leave it at that

And they are doing their jobs with the sort of bravery shown in the past 48 hours that few of us are expected to encounter in a lifetime...and specifically with the primary purpose of saving lives and returning the remains of victims to their families.

And "...a cretin of a firefighter..."? I would hardly have expected that sort of dismissive and insulting attitude from someone who had served in the forces and had no doubt put his life on the line for the sake of others
avatar
Lord Edmund Moletrousers
........
........

Posts : 7205

Back to top Go down

Re: Grenfell Towers White City Tower Block Fire

Post  Lord Edmund Moletrousers on Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:13 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:How about medals for our armed forces PRIVATES which do a dangerous job.

I agree our firemen are brave but they are not alone in society.
They are paid to do an EASY job for most of their working days, they are not called out to many incidents which are a danger to themselves albeit we are glad to see them when something nasty happens. 

Where does it stop???

When I was much younger I used to go to our main fire station as my mates dad was ADO, the snooker table was the most used piece of equipment there.

NOT knocking, just saying.

And did you ever ask yourself whether any of the firefighters had failed to make it back to finish their game? Firefighting is as much waiting, training and preparing as it is putting out fires.

So far as the collective bravery and commitment of servicemen and women is concerned, national reflection and tribute is rightly recognised on November 11th each year in even the smallest of villages, as well as by the work and fundraising that many of us in the Royal British Legion commit to throughout the year.
avatar
Lord Edmund Moletrousers
........
........

Posts : 7205

Back to top Go down

Re: Grenfell Towers White City Tower Block Fire

Post  smelly-bandit on Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:56 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

And they are doing their jobs with the sort of bravery shown in the past 48 hours that few of us are expected to encounter in a lifetime...and specifically with the primary purpose of saving lives and returning the remains of victims to their families.

And "...a cretin of a firefighter..."? I would hardly have expected that sort of dismissive and insulting attitude from someone who had served in the forces and had no doubt put his life on the line for the sake of others

They are doing a good job, they are brave people and yes they have saved lives, and well done to them,none of that is in doubt. 

But that's what the job entails,it's not above and beyond its just "the job" the job of a firefighter is to enter burning buildings and save lives and they get paid very very handsomely for doing it. 

You know why I dislike firefighters??? Because they went on strike over money, and endangered thousands of lives because of greed we had to give up our weekends and time to man green goddesses because they were on strike 

Then the bastards had the neck to come into our local haunt in fireman rig, asking for money for a firefighter charity, on the day we had to man their posts. 

needless to say two firemen vs 20 - 30 piss off marines didn't go in their favour 

they ran out like THEY were on fire. 

You will never hear me or my fellow bootbecks saying "fucking hell I was forced to go to war and kill loads of taliban" or "fucking hell I've got to fill sandbags for flooded communities" or "fucking hell I've got to 101 things that have nothing to do with the military but we do anyway" 

He compare it to 9/11 for fucks sake
avatar
smelly-bandit
......
......

Posts : 3439

Back to top Go down

Re: Grenfell Towers White City Tower Block Fire

Post  smelly-bandit on Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:04 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:How about medals for our armed forces PRIVATES which do a dangerous job.

I agree our firemen are brave but they are not alone in society.
They are paid to do an EASY job for most of their working days, they are not called out to many incidents which are a danger to themselves albeit we are glad to see them when something nasty happens. 

Where does it stop???

When I was much younger I used to go to our main fire station as my mates dad was ADO, the snooker table was the most used piece of equipment there.

NOT knocking, just saying.

You don't just get a medal for being a private in a war zone because it's dangerous. 

Medals are given for extraordinary bravery in the face of overwhelming danger. 

We need firemen and they do a good job when they have to. 

Its the glory hound attitude that grips me, 10 years of installing fire alarms and one day of firefighting and suddenly they are God's gift. 

I'd have infinitely more respect if they just got on with the job without making a meal of it
avatar
smelly-bandit
......
......

Posts : 3439

Back to top Go down

Re: Grenfell Towers White City Tower Block Fire

Post  Lord Edmund Moletrousers on Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:48 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

They are doing a good job, they are brave people and yes they have saved lives, and well done to them,none of that is in doubt. 

But that's what the job entails,it's not above and beyond its just "the job" the job of a firefighter is to enter burning buildings and save lives and they get paid very very handsomely for doing it. 

You know why I dislike firefighters??? Because they went on strike over money, and endangered thousands of lives because of greed we had to give up our weekends and time to man green goddesses because they were on strike 

Then the bastards had the neck to come into our local haunt in fireman rig, asking for money for a firefighter charity, on the day we had to man their posts. 

needless to say two firemen vs 20 - 30 piss off marines didn't go in their favour 

they ran out like THEY were on fire. 

You will never hear me or my fellow bootbecks saying "fucking hell I was forced to go to war and kill loads of taliban" or "fucking hell I've got to fill sandbags for flooded communities" or "fucking hell I've got to 101 things that have nothing to do with the military but we do anyway" 

He compare it to 9/11 for fucks sake

I appreciate all that, but I have expressed a personally-held opinion about a tragic incident that is the subject of a discussion here and now, and it is one that I am not going to diminish let alone retract.

We must agree to disagree on the matter.
avatar
Lord Edmund Moletrousers
........
........

Posts : 7205

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum