Researchers suggest replacing car honks with duck quacks

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Researchers suggest replacing car honks with duck quacks

Post  fatbob5 on Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:20 pm

Researchers are tackling sound pollution from loud car horns by developing a beep which apparently sounds like a duck's quack.

The pleasant-sounding horn is designed to alert people to danger while not stressing out others within the vicinity.
A quacking sound was chosen after different sounds were tested on 100 volunteers and it was found to be the most friendly for pedestrians passing by. ......

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I like it  Grinning
fatbob5

Back to top Go down

Re: Researchers suggest replacing car honks with duck quacks

Post  Major on Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:32 pm

When were you last "stressed" by a horn???
Major

Back to top Go down

Post  fatbob5 on Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:37 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:When were you last "stressed" by a horn???
About six months ago
fatbob5

Back to top Go down

Post  wyatt1 on Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:02 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Researchers are tackling sound pollution from loud car horns by developing a beep which apparently sounds like a duck's quack.

The pleasant-sounding horn is designed to alert people to danger while not stressing out others within the vicinity.
A quacking sound was chosen after different sounds were tested on 100 volunteers and it was found to be the most friendly for pedestrians passing by. ......

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I like it  Grinning
But will people take any notice of them,  then complain they did not hear them and demand compo when they are run over.

Better to scare them out of their socks and make them jump clear.  ROFL ROFL ROFL
wyatt1

Back to top Go down

Post  Flix on Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:39 am

The horns on old cars, the trumpet and bulb type sound a bit like a goose honking, or possibly a duck with a cold - any good I wonder?

Flix

Back to top Go down

Post  Major on Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:05 am

To me, the horns/sirens on emergency are not heard until they are almost upon me.

When I was away my wife had a 2000e Corsair Auto, my old man fitted it with air horns which made ya jump out of ya skin.

The horn on our Ford Focus Titanium is useless.
Major

Back to top Go down

Post  gelico on Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:29 pm

i've always found the sound of ducks quacking to be really funny (no idea why) if i was stuck in a traffic jam and all i could hear was the sound of ducks quacking everywhere i would be cracking up. besides could upset duck life. they could end up flying around the motorways thinking they can hear a mating call
gelico

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top