Trump whinging about NFL 'Kneeling Protest'

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Trump whinging about NFL 'Kneeling Protest'

Post  fatbob5 on Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:40 pm

LeBron James called him a "bum," J.K. Rowling cited "privilege" and Stevie Wonder knelt in solidarity at his Saturday concert — Donald Trump's latest feud attacking some of America's best athletes is spilling over into a much wider and deeper confrontation.......


http://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainment/reaction-athlete-feud-trump-1.4304799
avatar
fatbob5
..........
..........

Posts : 11537
Location : Cardiff

Back to top Go down

Re: Trump whinging about NFL 'Kneeling Protest'

Post  nicko on Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:57 pm

You STAND for the FLAG REGARDLESS OF WHO IS PRESIDENT.      Arseholes should be sacked !
avatar
nicko
........
........

Posts : 7450
Location : rainbow bridge

Back to top Go down

Re: Trump whinging about NFL 'Kneeling Protest'

Post  Flap Zappa on Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:15 pm

@fatbob5 wrote:LeBron James called him a "bum," J.K. Rowling cited "privilege" and Stevie Wonder knelt in solidarity at his Saturday concert — Donald Trump's latest feud attacking some of America's best athletes is spilling over into a much wider and deeper confrontation.......


http://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainment/reaction-athlete-feud-trump-1.4304799
virtue signalling celebs.
standing for the anthem is about showing respect. those overpaid multi millionaires would know nothing about that.
If americans had any sense they would boycot the sponsors of all the player who refuse to stand.Kaepernick is unemployable because of his protest others may well follow. if they cant play sissy rugby there is not much else many of them could do.

_______________________________________________________________________
Socialists never tire of spending other peoples money

To the twittersphere
if you wish to comment on this or any other thread then sign up and have your say in more than 140 characters. All political persuasions welcome

The Artist Formally Known As D555 - - Follow on twitter: @in_a_flap              
avatar
Flap Zappa
...........
...........

Posts : 37257
Location : village of the sun

http://inaflap.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Trump whinging about NFL 'Kneeling Protest'

Post  Flap Zappa on Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:33 pm

and so it starts
http://conservativefighters.com/news/sponsor-drops-brandon-marshall-kneeling-national-anthem/
not everyone in america is a left wing snowflake who hates the country

_______________________________________________________________________
Socialists never tire of spending other peoples money

To the twittersphere
if you wish to comment on this or any other thread then sign up and have your say in more than 140 characters. All political persuasions welcome

The Artist Formally Known As D555 - - Follow on twitter: @in_a_flap              
avatar
Flap Zappa
...........
...........

Posts : 37257
Location : village of the sun

http://inaflap.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Trump whinging about NFL 'Kneeling Protest'

Post  Flap Zappa on Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:59 pm

Nascar owners have said they will fire drivers who kneel for the national anthem

_______________________________________________________________________
Socialists never tire of spending other peoples money

To the twittersphere
if you wish to comment on this or any other thread then sign up and have your say in more than 140 characters. All political persuasions welcome

The Artist Formally Known As D555 - - Follow on twitter: @in_a_flap              
avatar
Flap Zappa
...........
...........

Posts : 37257
Location : village of the sun

http://inaflap.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Trump whinging about NFL 'Kneeling Protest'

Post  fatbob5 on Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:32 pm

'Freedom of Speech' and 'Freedom of Expression' are completely hollow ideas if you dont respect the rights of people with whom you fundamentally disagree
avatar
fatbob5
..........
..........

Posts : 11537
Location : Cardiff

Back to top Go down

Re: Trump whinging about NFL 'Kneeling Protest'

Post  Flap Zappa on Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:01 pm

@fatbob5 wrote:'Freedom of Speech' and 'Freedom of Expression' are completely hollow ideas if you dont respect the rights of people with whom you fundamentally disagree
players are fined if they make a doing and dance when scoring by the NFL as it is not allowed to showboat. "Shaboopi"
this is little different.
It is disrespect for the flag and playing politics.


_______________________________________________________________________
Socialists never tire of spending other peoples money

To the twittersphere
if you wish to comment on this or any other thread then sign up and have your say in more than 140 characters. All political persuasions welcome

The Artist Formally Known As D555 - - Follow on twitter: @in_a_flap              
avatar
Flap Zappa
...........
...........

Posts : 37257
Location : village of the sun

http://inaflap.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Trump whinging about NFL 'Kneeling Protest'

Post  Flap Zappa on Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:16 pm



Tebow takes a knee 4 the Lord was excoriated by left, #kaepernick takes a knee during Anthem is celebrated by the left.

it seems the left is anti american to the very core these days

_______________________________________________________________________
Socialists never tire of spending other peoples money

To the twittersphere
if you wish to comment on this or any other thread then sign up and have your say in more than 140 characters. All political persuasions welcome

The Artist Formally Known As D555 - - Follow on twitter: @in_a_flap              
avatar
Flap Zappa
...........
...........

Posts : 37257
Location : village of the sun

http://inaflap.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Trump whinging about NFL 'Kneeling Protest'

Post  fatbob5 on Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:01 am

@Flap Zappa wrote:Nascar owners have said they will fire drivers who kneel for the national anthem
Compulsory Patriotism isnt Real Patriotism -- IMHO

Its a bit like the situation in North Korea, Huge Crowds of people shouting the praises of The Glorious Leader as his car plus entourage drives by.
And just out of camera shot the soldiers with guns trained on the crowd
avatar
fatbob5
..........
..........

Posts : 11537
Location : Cardiff

Back to top Go down

Re: Trump whinging about NFL 'Kneeling Protest'

Post  fatbob5 on Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:27 am

@Flap Zappa wrote:
virtue signalling celebs.
standing for the anthem is about showing respect. those overpaid multi millionaires would know nothing about that.
If americans had any sense they would boycot the sponsors of all the player who refuse to stand.Kaepernick is unemployable because of his protest others may well follow. if they cant play sissy rugby there is not much else many of them could do.
It could be argued that the body armour that American Football players wear actually makes the game more dangerous

avatar
fatbob5
..........
..........

Posts : 11537
Location : Cardiff

Back to top Go down

Re: Trump whinging about NFL 'Kneeling Protest'

Post  Flap Zappa on Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:06 pm


_______________________________________________________________________
Socialists never tire of spending other peoples money

To the twittersphere
if you wish to comment on this or any other thread then sign up and have your say in more than 140 characters. All political persuasions welcome

The Artist Formally Known As D555 - - Follow on twitter: @in_a_flap              
avatar
Flap Zappa
...........
...........

Posts : 37257
Location : village of the sun

http://inaflap.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Trump whinging about NFL 'Kneeling Protest'

Post  fatbob5 on Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:37 pm

@Flap Zappa wrote:
players are fined if they make a doing and dance when scoring by the NFL as it is not allowed to showboat. "Shaboopi"
this is little different.
It is disrespect for the flag and playing politics.

You use the term 'playing politics' -- its hardly a controversial position they are supporting - or at keast it shouldn't be
They just dont think that Police Officers should be allowed to shoot dead black men when they are not under any threat
avatar
fatbob5
..........
..........

Posts : 11537
Location : Cardiff

Back to top Go down

Re: Trump whinging about NFL 'Kneeling Protest'

Post  fatbob5 on Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:42 pm

Kneeling for Life and Liberty Is Patriotic


NFL athletes are protesting on behalf of America’s founding values––and Donald Trump neither loves nor understands them.


https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/09/kneeling-for-life-and-liberty-is-patriotic/540942/
avatar
fatbob5
..........
..........

Posts : 11537
Location : Cardiff

Back to top Go down

Re: Trump whinging about NFL 'Kneeling Protest'

Post  nicko on Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:47 pm

Bob, I respect your opinion but the statistics prove that Blacks,  in the US, and the UK   percentage wise, are more likely to use guns if they have them. The same applies to the carrying of Knives.
avatar
nicko
........
........

Posts : 7450
Location : rainbow bridge

Back to top Go down

Re: Trump whinging about NFL 'Kneeling Protest'

Post  Major on Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:17 pm

I have mixed sentiments about respect.

I believe they should have respected the USA Flag.

BUT, I ain't much for respecting OUR monarchy, yet I will salute OUR Flag.
avatar
Major
......
......

Posts : 2492

Back to top Go down

Re: Trump whinging about NFL 'Kneeling Protest'

Post  fatbob5 on Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:05 pm

@nicko wrote:Bob, I respect your opinion but the statistics prove that Blacks,  in the US, and the UK   percentage wise, are more likely to use guns if they have them. The same applies to the carrying of Knives.
Its perfectly possible to fundamentally disagree with the beliefs of those protesting, but totally back their right to protest. Theres no contradiction there at all

Ps I do believe that sometimes the police have to use lethal force - so its likely that I wouldn't be very welcome at your average BLM march
avatar
fatbob5
..........
..........

Posts : 11537
Location : Cardiff

Back to top Go down

Re: Trump whinging about NFL 'Kneeling Protest'

Post  Flap Zappa on Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:41 pm

@fatbob5 wrote:
@Flap Zappa wrote:
players are fined if they make a doing and dance when scoring by the NFL as it is not allowed to showboat. "Shaboopi"
this is little different.
It is disrespect for the flag and playing politics.

You use the term 'playing politics' -- its hardly a controversial position they are supporting - or at keast it shouldn't be
They just dont think that Police Officers should be allowed to shoot dead black men when they are not under any threat
yet they have no problem with black fellas shooting dead black fellas by the thousand. This has nothing to do with that issue at all.

_______________________________________________________________________
Socialists never tire of spending other peoples money

To the twittersphere
if you wish to comment on this or any other thread then sign up and have your say in more than 140 characters. All political persuasions welcome

The Artist Formally Known As D555 - - Follow on twitter: @in_a_flap              
avatar
Flap Zappa
...........
...........

Posts : 37257
Location : village of the sun

http://inaflap.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Trump whinging about NFL 'Kneeling Protest'

Post  fatbob5 on Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:43 pm

@Major wrote:I have mixed sentiments about respect.

I believe they should have respected the USA Flag.

BUT, I ain't much for respecting OUR monarchy, yet I will salute OUR Flag.
Whats your beef with the monarchy ?
avatar
fatbob5
..........
..........

Posts : 11537
Location : Cardiff

Back to top Go down

Re: Trump whinging about NFL 'Kneeling Protest'

Post  Flap Zappa on Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:44 pm

@fatbob5 wrote:
@nicko wrote:Bob, I respect your opinion but the statistics prove that Blacks,  in the US, and the UK   percentage wise, are more likely to use guns if they have them. The same applies to the carrying of Knives.
Its perfectly possible to fundamentally disagree with the beliefs of those protesting, but totally back their right to protest. Theres no contradiction there at all

Ps I do believe that sometimes the police have to use lethal force - so its likely that I wouldn't be very welcome at your average BLM march
the number of black people killed by the police pales into insignificance compared to the number who are killed in say chicago or detroit by black men in a single year.
chicago manages over 700murders a year, mostly black on black

_______________________________________________________________________
Socialists never tire of spending other peoples money

To the twittersphere
if you wish to comment on this or any other thread then sign up and have your say in more than 140 characters. All political persuasions welcome

The Artist Formally Known As D555 - - Follow on twitter: @in_a_flap              
avatar
Flap Zappa
...........
...........

Posts : 37257
Location : village of the sun

http://inaflap.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Trump whinging about NFL 'Kneeling Protest'

Post  fatbob5 on Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:51 pm

@Flap Zappa wrote:
the number of black people killed by the police pales into insignificance compared to the number who are killed in say chicago or detroit by black men in a  single year.
chicago manages over 700murders a year, mostly black on black
Lots of black men are killed each year by cancer as well.
No relevance at all to the protest
avatar
fatbob5
..........
..........

Posts : 11537
Location : Cardiff

Back to top Go down

Re: Trump whinging about NFL 'Kneeling Protest'

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum