Dragons’ Den judge Deborah Meaden admits she is hesitating over decisions because of Brexit uncertainty

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Dragons’ Den judge Deborah Meaden admits she is hesitating over decisions because of Brexit uncertainty Empty Dragons’ Den judge Deborah Meaden admits she is hesitating over decisions because of Brexit uncertainty

Post  fatbob5 on Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:54 am

Dragons’ Den judge Deborah Meaden prides herself on her decisiveness but admits that even she is hesitating over decisions because of Brexituncertainty.


Meaden told of a board meeting at one of her businesses, Somerset-based cloth merchant Fox Brothers, which has held back on a plan to expand into a new factory. ‘I found myself saying, and I hated myself for it: “Oh, there might be too many uncertainties at the moment.”’ .......


http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/markets/article-5186651/My-fears-Brexit-Dragons-Den-judge-Deborah.html
fatbob5
fatbob5
..........
..........

Posts : 13286
Location : Cardiff

Back to top Go down

Dragons’ Den judge Deborah Meaden admits she is hesitating over decisions because of Brexit uncertainty Empty Re: Dragons’ Den judge Deborah Meaden admits she is hesitating over decisions because of Brexit uncertainty

Post  Flap Zappa on Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:04 am

@fatbob5 wrote:Dragons’ Den judge Deborah Meaden prides herself on her decisiveness but admits that even she is hesitating over decisions because of Brexituncertainty.


Meaden told of a board meeting at one of her businesses, Somerset-based cloth merchant Fox Brothers, which has held back on a plan to expand into a new factory. ‘I found myself saying, and I hated myself for it: “Oh, there might be too many uncertainties at the moment.”’ .......


http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/markets/article-5186651/My-fears-Brexit-Dragons-Den-judge-Deborah.html
that may well be the case because the gov has not nailed its colours to the wall.
Once we have left things will improve.

_______________________________________________________________________
Socialists never tire of spending other peoples money

To the twittersphere
if you wish to comment on this or any other thread then sign up and have your say in more than 140 characters. All political persuasions welcome
Dragons’ Den judge Deborah Meaden admits she is hesitating over decisions because of Brexit uncertainty Flaptrap1
Dragons’ Den judge Deborah Meaden admits she is hesitating over decisions because of Brexit uncertainty Iaf_ta11 The Artist Formally Known As D555 - - Follow on twitter: @in_a_flap              Dragons’ Den judge Deborah Meaden admits she is hesitating over decisions because of Brexit uncertainty Iaf_fo12
Flap Zappa
Flap Zappa
...........
...........

Posts : 38638
Location : village of the sun

http://inaflap.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Dragons’ Den judge Deborah Meaden admits she is hesitating over decisions because of Brexit uncertainty Empty Re: Dragons’ Den judge Deborah Meaden admits she is hesitating over decisions because of Brexit uncertainty

Post  fatbob5 on Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:16 am

@Flap Zappa wrote:
that may well be the case because the gov has not nailed its colours to the wall.
Once we have left things will improve.
Dean - there has been a lot of talk - on this particular site - on how Brexit is a great big massive Turd waiting to splat onto Britain
Do you have any comments you wish to make on why this discussion is occurring?
fatbob5
fatbob5
..........
..........

Posts : 13286
Location : Cardiff

Back to top Go down

Dragons’ Den judge Deborah Meaden admits she is hesitating over decisions because of Brexit uncertainty Empty Re: Dragons’ Den judge Deborah Meaden admits she is hesitating over decisions because of Brexit uncertainty

Post  nicko on Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:44 am

A lot of remainers have a vested interest in supporting the EU,  they look forward to a large Pension from them, others are hoping for the same. Some Land Owners receive large amounts for leaving their fields Farrow.  A glaring example of this is Lord Heseltine, he has a few thousand acres of land, and gets around £90,000 a year for NOT growing anything. I dare say there's thousands more who directly or indirectly profit from the EU !
nicko
nicko
.........
.........

Posts : 8052
Location : rainbow bridge

Back to top Go down

Dragons’ Den judge Deborah Meaden admits she is hesitating over decisions because of Brexit uncertainty Empty Re: Dragons’ Den judge Deborah Meaden admits she is hesitating over decisions because of Brexit uncertainty

Post  fatbob5 on Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:19 am

Bring Back Paddy Ashdown
fatbob5
fatbob5
..........
..........

Posts : 13286
Location : Cardiff

Back to top Go down

Dragons’ Den judge Deborah Meaden admits she is hesitating over decisions because of Brexit uncertainty Empty Re: Dragons’ Den judge Deborah Meaden admits she is hesitating over decisions because of Brexit uncertainty

Post  dragonfly on Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:29 am

@fatbob5 wrote:Dragons’ Den judge Deborah Meaden prides herself on her decisiveness but admits that even she is hesitating over decisions because of Brexituncertainty.


Meaden told of a board meeting at one of her businesses, Somerset-based cloth merchant Fox Brothers, which has held back on a plan to expand into a new factory. ‘I found myself saying, and I hated myself for it: “Oh, there might be too many uncertainties at the moment.”’ .......


http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/markets/article-5186651/My-fears-Brexit-Dragons-Den-judge-Deborah.html
What a load of bol.  She's just setting up a situation to sue someone if the chance came. And if she's uncertain then she ain't that bright is she. Wto will come into effect if there's a no deal. Work around that and staying in with that crap chequers deal May wants to pass off as brexit. Duh. 

 Big corps have vested interests in EU. But if big corps do well it doesn't mean gdp per capita is beneficial. Its shit in fact so we do better per person if multinationals didn't politically and financially own us like livestock on the market.
dragonfly
dragonfly
......
......

Posts : 2134

Back to top Go down

Dragons’ Den judge Deborah Meaden admits she is hesitating over decisions because of Brexit uncertainty Empty Re: Dragons’ Den judge Deborah Meaden admits she is hesitating over decisions because of Brexit uncertainty

Post  nicko on Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:50 am

+1.
nicko
nicko
.........
.........

Posts : 8052
Location : rainbow bridge

Back to top Go down

Dragons’ Den judge Deborah Meaden admits she is hesitating over decisions because of Brexit uncertainty Empty Re: Dragons’ Den judge Deborah Meaden admits she is hesitating over decisions because of Brexit uncertainty

Post  Flap Zappa on Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:42 pm

@fatbob5 wrote:
@Flap Zappa wrote:
that may well be the case because the gov has not nailed its colours to the wall.
Once we have left things will improve.
Dean - there has been a lot of talk - on this particular site - on how Brexit is a great big massive Turd waiting to splat onto Britain
Do you have any comments you wish to make on why this discussion is occurring?
I dont buy into project fear at all. Brexit is a massive opportunity for britain. If those saying it were given the same prominence as those spreading doom and gloom there would be no more demands for a 2nd vote.

any uncertainty now is purely because the gov is lead by remainers who are desperate to stay shackled to the EU at any cost.
In 10 years people will be asking what all the fuss was about, as long as asking what was the EU.

_______________________________________________________________________
Socialists never tire of spending other peoples money

To the twittersphere
if you wish to comment on this or any other thread then sign up and have your say in more than 140 characters. All political persuasions welcome
Dragons’ Den judge Deborah Meaden admits she is hesitating over decisions because of Brexit uncertainty Flaptrap1
Dragons’ Den judge Deborah Meaden admits she is hesitating over decisions because of Brexit uncertainty Iaf_ta11 The Artist Formally Known As D555 - - Follow on twitter: @in_a_flap              Dragons’ Den judge Deborah Meaden admits she is hesitating over decisions because of Brexit uncertainty Iaf_fo12
Flap Zappa
Flap Zappa
...........
...........

Posts : 38638
Location : village of the sun

http://inaflap.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Dragons’ Den judge Deborah Meaden admits she is hesitating over decisions because of Brexit uncertainty Empty Re: Dragons’ Den judge Deborah Meaden admits she is hesitating over decisions because of Brexit uncertainty

Post  Flap Zappa on Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:45 pm

@fatbob5 wrote:Dragons’ Den judge Deborah Meaden prides herself on her decisiveness but admits that even she is hesitating over decisions because of Brexituncertainty.


Meaden told of a board meeting at one of her businesses, Somerset-based cloth merchant Fox Brothers, which has held back on a plan to expand into a new factory. ‘I found myself saying, and I hated myself for it: “Oh, there might be too many uncertainties at the moment.”’ .......


http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/markets/article-5186651/My-fears-Brexit-Dragons-Den-judge-Deborah.html
she hasn't said she is wary of brexit itself, just the lack of direction. she talks of trading out side the EU with china and how they change regulations, well britian would be able to adapt faster to changing rules there than the monolith that is the EU that requires 27 countries to agree anything.

_______________________________________________________________________
Socialists never tire of spending other peoples money

To the twittersphere
if you wish to comment on this or any other thread then sign up and have your say in more than 140 characters. All political persuasions welcome
Dragons’ Den judge Deborah Meaden admits she is hesitating over decisions because of Brexit uncertainty Flaptrap1
Dragons’ Den judge Deborah Meaden admits she is hesitating over decisions because of Brexit uncertainty Iaf_ta11 The Artist Formally Known As D555 - - Follow on twitter: @in_a_flap              Dragons’ Den judge Deborah Meaden admits she is hesitating over decisions because of Brexit uncertainty Iaf_fo12
Flap Zappa
Flap Zappa
...........
...........

Posts : 38638
Location : village of the sun

http://inaflap.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Dragons’ Den judge Deborah Meaden admits she is hesitating over decisions because of Brexit uncertainty Empty Re: Dragons’ Den judge Deborah Meaden admits she is hesitating over decisions because of Brexit uncertainty

Post  Syl on Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:12 pm

I voted for BREXIT and I would again.
I do think it's made what could have been a far smoother transaction into a muddled mess.
This government has been in sixes and sevens, not agreeing on anything, letting May take all the flak when she has tried to move forwards.....I actually feel sorry for her.
Corbyn milks this of course, had he been in power we would probably have had another referendum.

Syl
....
....

Posts : 826

Back to top Go down

Dragons’ Den judge Deborah Meaden admits she is hesitating over decisions because of Brexit uncertainty Empty Re: Dragons’ Den judge Deborah Meaden admits she is hesitating over decisions because of Brexit uncertainty

Post  dragonfly on Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:44 pm

@Syl wrote:I voted for BREXIT and I would again.
I do think it's made what could have been a far smoother transaction into a muddled mess.
This government has been in sixes and sevens, not agreeing on anything, letting May take all the flak when she has tried to move forwards.....I actually feel sorry for her.
Corbyn milks this of course, had he been in power we would probably have had another referendum.

May is a deceitful time wasting wanna be. She is not fit to deliver what you voted for and she damn well knows this for she is not stupid. Which is why the clever devious career politician is gladly taking the flack, you pity her for, bcause all she has to do is hash this up and give her masters another clean shot of reversing the result, and she retains power.

What she and all the remainers are doing is shitting on democracy and this country's potential. Just for their little back handers from the EU.

She has no intention of getting us out. If she had any honour and believed in democracy, she would agree and allow a pro brexit politician to sort the deal out.

But she is still there robbing the country of its future.
dragonfly
dragonfly
......
......

Posts : 2134

Back to top Go down

Dragons’ Den judge Deborah Meaden admits she is hesitating over decisions because of Brexit uncertainty Empty Re: Dragons’ Den judge Deborah Meaden admits she is hesitating over decisions because of Brexit uncertainty

Post  Syl on Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:46 am

@dragonfly wrote:

May is a deceitful time wasting wanna be. She is not fit to deliver what you voted for and she damn well knows this for she is not stupid. Which is why the clever devious career politician is gladly taking the flack, you pity her for, bcause all she has to do is hash this up and give her masters another clean shot of reversing the result, and she retains power.

What she and all the remainers are doing is shitting on democracy and this country's potential. Just for their little back handers from the EU.

She has no intention of getting us out. If she had any honour and believed in democracy, she would agree and allow a pro  brexit politician to sort the deal out.

But she is still there robbing the country of its future.
I didnt vote for her, I have never voted conservative in my life.
I do feel sorry for her though, she is surrounded by arse lickers and back stabbers, the only good thing she has in her favour is corbyn isnt rooting for her. ROFL

Syl
....
....

Posts : 826

Back to top Go down

Dragons’ Den judge Deborah Meaden admits she is hesitating over decisions because of Brexit uncertainty Empty Re: Dragons’ Den judge Deborah Meaden admits she is hesitating over decisions because of Brexit uncertainty

Post  smelly-bandit on Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:19 pm

@fatbob5 wrote:Dragons’ Den judge Deborah Meaden prides herself on her decisiveness but admits that even she is hesitating over decisions because of Brexituncertainty.


Meaden told of a board meeting at one of her businesses, Somerset-based cloth merchant Fox Brothers, which has held back on a plan to expand into a new factory. ‘I found myself saying, and I hated myself for it: “Oh, there might be too many uncertainties at the moment.”’ .......


http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/markets/article-5186651/My-fears-Brexit-Dragons-Den-judge-Deborah.html

wont be the first time the dragons have missed a trick.

they are the oracle bob, they are just successfuly business men and women
smelly-bandit
smelly-bandit
......
......

Posts : 4100

Back to top Go down

Dragons’ Den judge Deborah Meaden admits she is hesitating over decisions because of Brexit uncertainty Empty Re: Dragons’ Den judge Deborah Meaden admits she is hesitating over decisions because of Brexit uncertainty

Post  dragonfly on Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:37 pm

@Syl wrote:
I didnt vote for her, I have never voted conservative in my life.
I do feel sorry for her though, she is surrounded by arse lickers and back stabbers, the only good thing she has in her favour is corbyn isnt rooting for her. ROFL

Didn't say you did vote for her. You should really learn to read properly. And do you think it's admirable having a pm people feel sorry for? She's the worst person for the job and hasn't got a clue. She's a fraud and she hasn't progresses at all in two years. Feel sorry for her haha, you must be very easily lead. Smile
dragonfly
dragonfly
......
......

Posts : 2134

Back to top Go down

Dragons’ Den judge Deborah Meaden admits she is hesitating over decisions because of Brexit uncertainty Empty Re: Dragons’ Den judge Deborah Meaden admits she is hesitating over decisions because of Brexit uncertainty

Post  Syl on Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:58 am

@dragonfly wrote:

Didn't say you did vote for her. You should really learn to read properly. And do you think it's admirable having a pm people feel sorry for? She's the worst person for the job and hasn't got a clue. She's a fraud and she hasn't progresses at all in two years. Feel sorry for her haha, you must be very easily lead. Smile
Do you mean 'easily led'? ......if you are trying to outsmart others, you really should learn to write properly. Thumbs up

Syl
....
....

Posts : 826

Back to top Go down

Dragons’ Den judge Deborah Meaden admits she is hesitating over decisions because of Brexit uncertainty Empty Re: Dragons’ Den judge Deborah Meaden admits she is hesitating over decisions because of Brexit uncertainty

Post  dragonfly on Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:12 am

@Syl wrote:
Do you mean 'easily led'? ......if you are trying to outsmart others, you really should learn to write properly. Thumbs up

Oops you got me there, except it was auto word thingy, just does what it wants half the time, and actually gets on my nerves tbh. It may happen again, a lot as my eyesight is not so sharp. And defo not trying to outsmart anyone lol!.

Anyway assize from that little observation, do you think it's admirable to have a pm in power who people feel sorry for?
dragonfly
dragonfly
......
......

Posts : 2134

Back to top Go down

Dragons’ Den judge Deborah Meaden admits she is hesitating over decisions because of Brexit uncertainty Empty Re: Dragons’ Den judge Deborah Meaden admits she is hesitating over decisions because of Brexit uncertainty

Post  Syl on Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:42 am

@dragonfly wrote:

Oops you got me there, except it was auto word thingy, just does what it wants half the time, and actually gets on my nerves tbh. It may happen again, a lot as my eyesight is not so sharp. And defo not trying to outsmart anyone lol!.

Anyway assize from that little observation, do you think it's admirable to have a pm in power who people feel sorry for?
I dont think there is any politician at the moment that could negotiate brexit with any sort of discipline and authority if they didnt have the backing of their ministers,
At least May, who was a remainer, took on the task when others ran for the hills, the least she could expect is a bit of unity from her party.

A pm shouldnt need pity obviously.....but I think anyone trying to do any job whilst surrounded by backstabbers is in a rotten position.

Syl
....
....

Posts : 826

Back to top Go down

Dragons’ Den judge Deborah Meaden admits she is hesitating over decisions because of Brexit uncertainty Empty Re: Dragons’ Den judge Deborah Meaden admits she is hesitating over decisions because of Brexit uncertainty

Post  dragonfly on Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:43 am

@Syl wrote:
I dont think there is any politician at the moment that could negotiate brexit with any sort of discipline and authority if they didnt have the backing of their ministers,
At least May, who was a remainer, took on the task when others ran for the hills, the least she could expect is a bit of unity from her party.

A pm shouldnt need pity obviously.....but I think anyone trying to do any job whilst surrounded by backstabbers is in a rotten position.

We have got the people, but not the guts to steam in there.

And you say the Pm doesn't have the backing with this subject (which I agerr with) , but doesn't that strike you as outright wrong. Parliament has an instruction from the people in a legal democratic vote. There should be no question of being behind the Pm in this instance. I think any rebel wishing to change the tide should be sacked especially if they flirt over to Brussels and have meetings with junker and Barnier. That's so out of order I can't get over it happened.
dragonfly
dragonfly
......
......

Posts : 2134

Back to top Go down

Dragons’ Den judge Deborah Meaden admits she is hesitating over decisions because of Brexit uncertainty Empty Re: Dragons’ Den judge Deborah Meaden admits she is hesitating over decisions because of Brexit uncertainty

Post  nicko on Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:27 pm

May is a Traitor !   No other word for her.
nicko
nicko
.........
.........

Posts : 8052
Location : rainbow bridge

Back to top Go down

Dragons’ Den judge Deborah Meaden admits she is hesitating over decisions because of Brexit uncertainty Empty Re: Dragons’ Den judge Deborah Meaden admits she is hesitating over decisions because of Brexit uncertainty

Post  dragonfly on Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:35 pm

@nicko wrote:May is a Traitor !   No other word for her.
I reckon Hammond is actually running the show and she's taking the flack, but can't sack him because they're having it off together or something
dragonfly
dragonfly
......
......

Posts : 2134

Back to top Go down

Dragons’ Den judge Deborah Meaden admits she is hesitating over decisions because of Brexit uncertainty Empty Re: Dragons’ Den judge Deborah Meaden admits she is hesitating over decisions because of Brexit uncertainty

Post  Flix on Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:05 pm

The question was asked, the answer given, it was then up to all politicians to get on with it and instead of trying all ways to sprag the negotiations, should have shown a united front to the EU. As it is everyone has something to add or detract and we are divided all ways, not a good place to negotiate from. As for negotiations what exactly have the EU come up with in the way of suggestions to have a mutually agreeable 'divorce', very little from what I can see, isn't that what a negotiation is you say what you want the other side says no but what about this and eventually you get somewhere. Britain is a cash cow for the EU, if we have agreed monies to future projects we should negotiate that as well it shouldn't be the full price as we probably won't be direct beneficiaries of the projects.
I think had David Cameron, as the representative of the British people, been treated with a bit of respect when he tried to negotiate the free movement to Britain, I don't think we'd be where we are now. There are three times the EU mainland citizens coming to Britain than Brits going to the mainland to live and work, that has to say something.

Flix
.......
.......

Posts : 5887

Back to top Go down

Dragons’ Den judge Deborah Meaden admits she is hesitating over decisions because of Brexit uncertainty Empty Re: Dragons’ Den judge Deborah Meaden admits she is hesitating over decisions because of Brexit uncertainty

Post  nicko on Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:04 pm

I would FORCE all those leaders of the EU to take a walk around the battle fields of France and Belgium, and look at the tens of thousands of crosses under witch lie the British Soldiers who died, so that they would not be under the boot of the Nazi's !
nicko
nicko
.........
.........

Posts : 8052
Location : rainbow bridge

Back to top Go down

Dragons’ Den judge Deborah Meaden admits she is hesitating over decisions because of Brexit uncertainty Empty Re: Dragons’ Den judge Deborah Meaden admits she is hesitating over decisions because of Brexit uncertainty

Post  Flix on Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:31 pm

Damn right Nicko.

Flix
.......
.......

Posts : 5887

Back to top Go down

Dragons’ Den judge Deborah Meaden admits she is hesitating over decisions because of Brexit uncertainty Empty Re: Dragons’ Den judge Deborah Meaden admits she is hesitating over decisions because of Brexit uncertainty

Post  dragonfly on Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:17 am

@Flix wrote:The question was asked, the answer given, it was then up to all politicians to get on with it and instead of trying all ways to sprag the negotiations, should have shown a united front to the EU. As it is everyone has something to add or detract and we are divided all ways, not a good place to negotiate from. As for negotiations what exactly have the EU come up with in the way of suggestions to have a mutually agreeable 'divorce', very little from what I can see, isn't that what a negotiation is you say what you want the other side says no but what about this and eventually you get somewhere. Britain is a cash cow for the EU, if we have agreed monies to future projects we should negotiate that as well it shouldn't be the full price as we probably won't be direct beneficiaries of the projects.
I think had David Cameron, as the representative of the British people, been treated with a bit of respect when he tried to negotiate the free movement to Britain, I don't think we'd be where we are now. There are three times the EU mainland citizens coming to Britain than Brits going to the mainland to live and work, that has to say something.
That's it, we were let down and this was doomed to fail from the onset. Who in the right mind would approach a negotiation with a battered team of traitors who don't bloody believe in what they're selling?. 

I wrote to TMay telling her straight. She should have told them we're leaving, if you want us we'll be on the WTO and to come up with an attractive offer. Then she should have sent a team of ministers and business heads out to set up deals for when we leave. 

I feel like suing them for what they've done, and for 40BILLION. I feel someone needs to quickly stand up to this crap and say it how it is before they snide us back in.
dragonfly
dragonfly
......
......

Posts : 2134

Back to top Go down

Dragons’ Den judge Deborah Meaden admits she is hesitating over decisions because of Brexit uncertainty Empty Re: Dragons’ Den judge Deborah Meaden admits she is hesitating over decisions because of Brexit uncertainty

Post  fatbob5 on Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:22 am

@dragonfly wrote:
That's it, we were let down and this was doomed to fail from the onset. Who in the right mind would approach a negotiation with a battered team of traitors who don't bloody believe in what they're selling?. 

I wrote to TMay telling her straight. She should have told them we're leaving, if you want us we'll be on the WTO and to come up with an attractive offer. Then she should have sent a team of ministers and business heads out to set up deals for when we leave. 

I feel like suing them for what they've done, and for 40BILLION. I feel someone needs to quickly stand up to this crap and say it how it is before they snide us back in.
Did you receive a response from Number 10?
fatbob5
fatbob5
..........
..........

Posts : 13286
Location : Cardiff

Back to top Go down

Dragons’ Den judge Deborah Meaden admits she is hesitating over decisions because of Brexit uncertainty Empty Re: Dragons’ Den judge Deborah Meaden admits she is hesitating over decisions because of Brexit uncertainty

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum