IN A FLAP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gillette faces backlash and boycott over '#MeToo advert'

2 posters

Go down

Do you approve of the ad?

Gillette faces backlash and boycott over '#MeToo advert' Vote_lcap0%Gillette faces backlash and boycott over '#MeToo advert' Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Gillette faces backlash and boycott over '#MeToo advert' Vote_lcap0%Gillette faces backlash and boycott over '#MeToo advert' Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 0

Gillette faces backlash and boycott over '#MeToo advert' Empty Gillette faces backlash and boycott over '#MeToo advert'

Post  fatbob5 Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:36 pm

A Gillette advert which references bullying, the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] movement and toxic masculinity has split opinion online.

The razor company's short film, called Believe, plays on their famous slogan "The best a man can get", replacing it with "The best men can be".

The company says it wants men to hold each other "accountable".

Some have praised the message of the advert, which aims to update the company's 30-year-old tagline, but others say Gillette is "dead" to them. ...........

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
fatbob5
fatbob5

Back to top Go down

Gillette faces backlash and boycott over '#MeToo advert' Empty Re: Gillette faces backlash and boycott over '#MeToo advert'

Post  nicko Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:59 pm

I don't care Bob,  I have a full Beard ! Grinning
nicko
nicko

Back to top Go down

Gillette faces backlash and boycott over '#MeToo advert' Empty Re: Gillette faces backlash and boycott over '#MeToo advert'

Post  fatbob5 Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:21 pm

nicko wrote:I don't care Bob,  I have a full Beard ! Grinning
Is it itchy?
fatbob5
fatbob5

Back to top Go down

Post  fatbob5 Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:30 pm

I used to have a beard, but my hairline kept heading in one direction so I shaved it off
A bald head and a beard is not a good look

Grinning
fatbob5
fatbob5

Back to top Go down

Post  nicko Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:46 pm

It itched when it started Bob,    but i'v had it 30 odd years !
nicko
nicko

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down