IN A FLAP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Premature birth linked to worse mental health

2 posters

Go down

Premature birth linked to worse mental health Empty Premature birth linked to worse mental health

Post  wyatt1 Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:00 pm

Being born prematurely is linked to an increased risk of a range of mental health problems much later in life, according to researchers.

Bipolar disorder, depression and psychosis were all more likely, the study in The Archives of General Psychiatry suggested.

The overall risk remained very low, but was higher in premature babies.

Experts cautioned there have since been significant advances in caring for premature babies.

Full-term pregnancies last for around 40 weeks, but one in 13 babies are born prematurely, before 36 weeks.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-18289197

wyatt1
wyatt1

Back to top Go down

Premature birth linked to worse mental health Empty Re: Premature birth linked to worse mental health

Post  Guest Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:39 pm

I was around a month early according to my parents.

Premature birth linked to worse mental health 13212110

Back to top Go down

Premature birth linked to worse mental health Empty Re: Premature birth linked to worse mental health

Post  jadeloue Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:52 pm

i was early as well love the pic it could be me i was born in may instead of july
jadeloue
jadeloue

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:53 pm

I came too early! :face:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down