IN A FLAP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favourite games...

2 posters

Go down

Favourite games... Empty Favourite games...

Post  Hugh Jardon Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:13 pm

I'm no gaymer.... But I love Forza ( like gran turismo) and Sniper V2 ... Both on the Xbox 360 kinect.
Middle son is brilliant at the latter.... and good at pursuits on the former.
But... I paste him in races.
The little one is very much into his batman Lego thing.... which is manic.
On both the Xbox and Wii we have loads of retro games.. with echo the dolphin, Alex kid, dead dug, and some really old stuff... But I have yet to find the paddle and ball tennis that kicked this thing off!
We still have a PS2 and do have a game called "team buddies". It looks like a charming game... with cute characters BUT.... The language is obscene, with loads of 4 letter words and references to gay sex acts!
I bought little big planet years ago for the PS3... Played it once and gave up!

What are you favourite games?
Hugh Jardon
Hugh Jardon

Back to top Go down

Favourite games... Empty Re: Favourite games...

Post  Guest Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:50 pm

Gather around and I shall tell you all a tale.
The tale of some of the best years of my life.

The best game I have every played was Conker: Live & Reloaded and let me fĂșcking tell you why!
It wasn't because of the single player campaign which was an hilarious parody of so, so many things.

It was because of the online multiplayer and it's online community.

Conker: Live & Reloaded was a remake of an old N64 game called Conker's Bad Fur Day, it was only on the original Xbox.

As a result the game was essentially in a niche and the amount of people who bought the game was a small group.

The online multiplayer as a result was made up of a small group of people who all knew each-other, myself included.
Back then, online play wasn't really moderated like it is now and we, the highest ranked players were free to run the game as we pleased.
WE made the unofficial rules, WE kept the newbies in line, WE set the etiquette.
We knew all the glitches and any uppity young faggot who thought he could do as he wanted was soon raped to death by us.
There was only ever a few servers at once and we were spread across them and such people were always black-listed and we made sure they could not enjoy the game until they fell into line.
Don't get me wrong, we weren't power-tripping bullies, the shit we punished people for was unfair tactics and so on and that were deemed by the community to be foul play, we simply enforced that and made sure everyone could enjoy the game.

We all knew each-other, we'd set up and organise games constantly and we all knew when enough people would be online to set-up games, the community was that small.

Eventually, the original Xbox servers went offline, I still fĂșcking miss those guys, I NEVER enjoyed gaming as much as I did with those guys.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:04 am

Jesus Christ, I still remember clearly how I found out about the game, how often I played the demo before I eventually bought it and I remember crystal clearly how exited I was on the way home when I found and bought a copy of the game.

If a third remake is ever announced I would probably literally die from f**king happiness, Christ.

Back to top Go down

Post  Flap Zappa Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:10 am

Hugh Jardon wrote:I'm no gaymer.... But I love Forza ( like gran turismo) and Sniper V2 ... Both on the Xbox 360 kinect.
Middle son is brilliant at the latter.... and good at pursuits on the former.
But... I paste him in races.
The little one is very much into his batman Lego thing.... which is manic.
On both the Xbox and Wii we have loads of retro games.. with echo the dolphin, Alex kid, dead dug, and some really old stuff... But I have yet to find the paddle and ball tennis that kicked this thing off!
We still have a PS2 and do have a game called "team buddies". It looks like a charming game... with cute characters BUT.... The language is obscene, with loads of 4 letter words and references to gay sex acts!
I bought little big planet years ago for the PS3... Played it once and gave up!

What are you favourite games?

leisure suit larry was a great game from the 80's.

there were cracked versions around on the early internet which had a little more in them than people bargained for.

One chap was playing it on his company network and when he finished the game it erased all the network drives.
Flap Zappa
Flap Zappa

https://inaflap.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:14 am

Flap Meister wrote:

there were cracked versions around on the early internet which had a little more in them than people bargained for.

One chap was playing it on his company network and when he finished the game it erased all the network drives.

I remember playing the Xbox version when I was thirteen or so, the loading screens were fun.
Good times.

Conker is still the best game ever though.

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugh Jardon Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:14 am

Flap Meister wrote:

Sounds like a character who knits all his own dresses!
Hugh Jardon
Hugh Jardon

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:29 am

Queen of Hearts wrote:

I remember playing the Xbox version when I was thirteen or so, the loading screens were fun.
Good times.

Conker is still the best game ever though.

Just for the record, going by screenshots of the 80s version, the improvement between the Xbox version and the 80s version is huge, graphics wise.
Just for the record.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down