Favourite games...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Favourite games...

Post  Hugh Jardon on Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:13 am

I'm no gaymer.... But I love Forza ( like gran turismo) and Sniper V2 ... Both on the Xbox 360 kinect.
Middle son is brilliant at the latter.... and good at pursuits on the former.
But... I paste him in races.
The little one is very much into his batman Lego thing.... which is manic.
On both the Xbox and Wii we have loads of retro games.. with echo the dolphin, Alex kid, dead dug, and some really old stuff... But I have yet to find the paddle and ball tennis that kicked this thing off!
We still have a PS2 and do have a game called "team buddies". It looks like a charming game... with cute characters BUT.... The language is obscene, with loads of 4 letter words and references to gay sex acts!
I bought little big planet years ago for the PS3... Played it once and gave up!

What are you favourite games?
avatar
Hugh Jardon
...........
...........

Posts : 15513
Location : Not up Dean's arse..or anyone's for that matter!

Back to top Go down

Re: Favourite games...

Post  Guest on Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:50 am


Gather around and I shall tell you all a tale.
The tale of some of the best years of my life.

The best game I have every played was Conker: Live & Reloaded and let me fúcking tell you why!
It wasn't because of the single player campaign which was an hilarious parody of so, so many things.

It was because of the online multiplayer and it's online community.

Conker: Live & Reloaded was a remake of an old N64 game called Conker's Bad Fur Day, it was only on the original Xbox.

As a result the game was essentially in a niche and the amount of people who bought the game was a small group.

The online multiplayer as a result was made up of a small group of people who all knew each-other, myself included.
Back then, online play wasn't really moderated like it is now and we, the highest ranked players were free to run the game as we pleased.
WE made the unofficial rules, WE kept the newbies in line, WE set the etiquette.
We knew all the glitches and any uppity young faggot who thought he could do as he wanted was soon raped to death by us.
There was only ever a few servers at once and we were spread across them and such people were always black-listed and we made sure they could not enjoy the game until they fell into line.
Don't get me wrong, we weren't power-tripping bullies, the shit we punished people for was unfair tactics and so on and that were deemed by the community to be foul play, we simply enforced that and made sure everyone could enjoy the game.

We all knew each-other, we'd set up and organise games constantly and we all knew when enough people would be online to set-up games, the community was that small.

Eventually, the original Xbox servers went offline, I still fúcking miss those guys, I NEVER enjoyed gaming as much as I did with those guys.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Favourite games...

Post  Guest on Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:04 am

Jesus Christ, I still remember clearly how I found out about the game, how often I played the demo before I eventually bought it and I remember crystal clearly how exited I was on the way home when I found and bought a copy of the game.

If a third remake is ever announced I would probably literally die from f**king happiness, Christ.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Favourite games...

Post  Flap Zappa on Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:10 am

@Hugh Jardon wrote:I'm no gaymer.... But I love Forza ( like gran turismo) and Sniper V2 ... Both on the Xbox 360 kinect.
Middle son is brilliant at the latter.... and good at pursuits on the former.
But... I paste him in races.
The little one is very much into his batman Lego thing.... which is manic.
On both the Xbox and Wii we have loads of retro games.. with echo the dolphin, Alex kid, dead dug, and some really old stuff... But I have yet to find the paddle and ball tennis that kicked this thing off!
We still have a PS2 and do have a game called "team buddies". It looks like a charming game... with cute characters BUT.... The language is obscene, with loads of 4 letter words and references to gay sex acts!
I bought little big planet years ago for the PS3... Played it once and gave up!

What are you favourite games?



leisure suit larry was a great game from the 80's.

there were cracked versions around on the early internet which had a little more in them than people bargained for.

One chap was playing it on his company network and when he finished the game it erased all the network drives.

_______________________________________________________________________
Socialists never tire of spending other peoples money

To the twittersphere
if you wish to comment on this or any other thread then sign up and have your say in more than 140 characters. All political persuasions welcome

The Artist Formally Known As D555 - - Follow on twitter: @in_a_flap              
avatar
Flap Zappa
...........
...........

Posts : 36748
Location : village of the sun

http://inaflap.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Favourite games...

Post  Guest on Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:14 am

Flap Meister wrote:



leisure suit larry was a great game from the 80's.

there were cracked versions around on the early internet which had a little more in them than people bargained for.

One chap was playing it on his company network and when he finished the game it erased all the network drives.

I remember playing the Xbox version when I was thirteen or so, the loading screens were fun.
Good times.

Conker is still the best game ever though.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Favourite games...

Post  Hugh Jardon on Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:14 am

Flap Meister wrote:



leisure suit larry was a great game from the 80's.

there were cracked versions around on the early internet which had a little more in them than people bargained for.

One chap was playing it on his company network and when he finished the game it erased all the network drives.

Sounds like a character who knits all his own dresses!
avatar
Hugh Jardon
...........
...........

Posts : 15513
Location : Not up Dean's arse..or anyone's for that matter!

Back to top Go down

Re: Favourite games...

Post  Guest on Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:29 am

Queen of Hearts wrote:

I remember playing the Xbox version when I was thirteen or so, the loading screens were fun.
Good times.

Conker is still the best game ever though.

Just for the record, going by screenshots of the 80s version, the improvement between the Xbox version and the 80s version is huge, graphics wise.
Just for the record.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum