Arc De Triumphe.

Go down

Arc De Triumphe. Empty Arc De Triumphe.

Post  Shady on Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:38 pm

Good evening Durham.

Have you seen that Frankie Dettori has been booked to ride Camelot in the Arc? Apparently Junior O'Brien can't make the weight & will ride St.Nicholas Abbey.

I reckon he's been jocked off because of his cock up of a ride in the St.Leger.

And how do you fancy 3/1 for Camelot?
Shady
Shady

Back to top Go down

Arc De Triumphe. Empty Re: Arc De Triumphe.

Post  Durham on Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:36 am

@Shady wrote:Good evening Durham.

Have you seen that Frankie Dettori has been booked to ride Camelot in the Arc? Apparently Junior O'Brien can't make the weight & will ride St.Nicholas Abbey.

I reckon he's been jocked off because of his cock up of a ride in the St.Leger.

And how do you fancy 3/1 for Camelot?

Morning Commander

After the defection of Nathaniel and Danedream - I thinkg I will be piling into Camelot. Interesting Frankie is on board he won the Arc a few years back for Ballydoyle - much to Sheikh Mohammeds disgust!
Durham
Durham

Back to top Go down

Post  Shady on Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:19 pm

@Durham wrote:

Morning Commander

After the defection of Nathaniel and Danedream - I thinkg I will be piling into Camelot. Interesting Frankie is on board he won the Arc a few years back for Ballydoyle - much to Sheikh Mohammeds disgust!

Good evening Durham.

I've got itchy fingers & I'm undecided at the moment as I want to have a sizable bet on Gillingham to beat Oxford on Saturday while Camelot must be a decent investment as well.

Pondering.......just pondering at present.
Shady
Shady

Back to top Go down

Post  Durham on Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:50 pm

It seems to be cutting up well for Camelot with some of the others getting bad draws commander.

Are the gills away or at home? If they're at home - I will join you and smash into them!

Thumbs up
Durham
Durham

Back to top Go down

Post  Shady on Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:32 pm

@Durham wrote:It seems to be cutting up well for Camelot with some of the others getting bad draws commander.

Are the gills away or at home? If they're at home - I will join you and smash into them!

Arc De Triumphe. 1955600259

Good evening Durham.

Durham! I'm all in a tizz & I don't know what to do.I'd made my mind up to bang a tenner on Gillingham @13/10 to beat Oxford who are at home.And also a tenner on Camelot @3/1....Yes I know these are not major wagers but a winner with a bad price is better than a lose with a good price.

But now there's a spanner in the works.Do you remember some time ago I mentioned that I would back the horse Temple Meads all through this season? Well he's running in the 4:10 @ Ascot tomorrow & his SP is 14/1.

I didn't want that to happen as I had made my mind up on Camelot & Gillingham.TIZZ TIZZ TIZZ TIZZ TIZZ TIZZ.

What do you reckon?
Shady
Shady

Back to top Go down

Post  Durham on Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:44 pm

@Shady wrote:

Good evening Durham.

Durham! I'm all in a tizz & I don't know what to do.I'd made my mind up to bang a tenner on Gillingham @13/10 to beat Oxford who are at home.And also a tenner on Camelot @3/1....Yes I know these are not major wagers but a winner with a bad price is better than a lose with a good price.

But now there's a spanner in the works.Do you remember some time ago I mentioned that I would back the horse Temple Meads all through this season? Well he's running in the 4:10 @ Ascot tomorrow & his SP is 14/1.

I didn't want that to happen as I had made my mind up on Camelot & Gillingham.TIZZ TIZZ TIZZ TIZZ TIZZ TIZZ.

What do you reckon?

Well you were going to lay out £20....correct? I do agree any win is better than any loss BTW. My philosophy is not only maximise your winnings but also minimise your losses.

I do indeed rememeber temple Meads and have watched out for its bright green colours.

Could I suggest a £3 patent? A combination bet of 3 singles, 3 doubles a treble. That will cost £21 for a straight win bet.

If they all win it would be a handsome return
Durham
Durham

Back to top Go down

Post  Shady on Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:08 am

@Durham wrote:

Well you were going to lay out £20....correct? I do agree any win is better than any loss BTW. My philosophy is not only maximise your winnings but also minimise your losses.

I do indeed rememeber temple Meads and have watched out for its bright green colours.

Could I suggest a £3 patent? A combination bet of 3 singles, 3 doubles a treble. That will cost £21 for a straight win bet.

If they all win it would be a handsome return

Yes I was thinking about coupling them in a combination bet.Remind me,if I do them in win patent & only two win,do I get a return?
Shady
Shady

Back to top Go down

Post  Durham on Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:19 am

@Shady wrote:

Yes I was thinking about coupling them in a combination bet.Remind me,if I do them in win patent & only two win,do I get a return?

No you get a return off any single mate!!

If you are confident and want to do any two - a trixie comprising of 3 doubles and a treble would be £5 for £20 and would be a very handsome bet if they all won!

I'm backing temple meads now!!

Have a look at gosdens in the arc - toward the bottom to the race card and also saonois. They will be my two with weight allowances for 3 year olds and favourable draws
Durham
Durham

Back to top Go down

Post  Shady on Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:30 am

@Durham wrote:

No you get a return off any single mate!!

If you are confident and want to do any two - a trixie comprising of 3 doubles and a treble would be £5 for £20 and would be a very handsome bet if they all won!

I'm backing temple meads now!!

Have a look at gosdens in the arc - toward the bottom to the race card and also saonois. They will be my two with weight allowances for 3 year olds and favourable draws

Thanks for that.But why are you backing Temple Meads now?
Shady
Shady

Back to top Go down

Post  Durham on Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:41 am

@Shady wrote:

Thanks for that.But why are you backing Temple Meads now?

Well I watched for it in may after you told me and I think it missed the race. So I put it in the "horse alert" system on easy odds and their site sends you an email when it is about to run......anyway I backed it next time and the time after (one at haydock I think).

Now as you've mentioned I have to follow again!
Durham
Durham

Back to top Go down

Post  Shady on Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:44 am

@Durham wrote:

Well I watched for it in may after you told me and I think it missed the race. So I put it in the "horse alert" system on easy odds and their site sends you an email when it is about to run......anyway I backed it next time and the time after (one at haydock I think).

Now as you've mentioned I have to follow again!

He was a decent second in his last race which suggests he has come back to form.....I hope so as I've now decided that I will back him tomorrow.
Shady
Shady

Back to top Go down

Post  Durham on Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:08 am

@Shady wrote:

He was a decent second in his last race which suggests he has come back to form.....I hope so as I've now decided that I will back him tomorrow.

Good luck for us both then commander!
Durham
Durham

Back to top Go down

Post  gerber on Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:19 am

Good evening gentlemen.

My odds are on a baker's half of a horse who has never lost a race, Saonois. If i were to gamble it would be on that, not even a pedigree horse bounce Love it.

Are you Gentlemen attending and if so which enclosure shall we meet in and will I recognise your hats ?
gerber
gerber

Back to top Go down

Post  Shady on Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:23 am

@gerber wrote:Good evening gentlemen.

My odds are on a baker's half of a horse who has never lost a race, Saonois. If i were to gamble it would be on that, not even a pedigree horse Arc De Triumphe. 3933776953 Love it.

Are you Gentlemen attending and if so which enclosure shall we meet in and will I recognise your hats ?

Good morning Gerber.

This is my hat....

Arc De Triumphe. 1133110
Shady
Shady

Back to top Go down

Post  Durham on Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:35 pm

Temple meads a non runner commander
Durham
Durham

Back to top Go down

Post  Shady on Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:15 pm

@Durham wrote:Temple meads a non runner commander

Good morning Durham.

Yes I know & this is how I found out.I walked into the bookies just after opening time this morning & wrote out my slip....£5 win Temple Meads.I asked the bookie what price he could give me,expecting it to be about 14/1,when he looked up at me & said,'I'll give you a million to one'.

I reached for my pocket to give him another fiver when he grinned & told me it was a non runner.

Ten million quid would have been a good days work don't you think?

When I saw that the going at Ascot was heavy,I did wonder if he might be withdrawn as I remember his trainer saying that TM is better on good to firm going.So.......we need to still keep a lookout for him & hope for better going.

In the end I banged a tenner on Gillingham to win & walked away from the Arc mainly because there are so many really good horses in the race that I've been scared off.
Shady
Shady

Back to top Go down

Post  Shady on Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:47 pm

AHOY THERE DURHAM!!

What a gash weekend that was.......Temple Meads a non runner.Lost a tenner on poxy Gillingham but luckily I didn't back Camelot which ran like a pig.

Did you have any luck?
Shady
Shady

Back to top Go down

Post  Durham on Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:35 pm

[quote="Shady"]AHOY THERE DURHAM!!

What a gash weekend that was.......Temple Meads a non runner.Lost a tenner on poxy Gillingham but luckily I didn't back Camelot which ran like a pig.

Did you have any luck?[/quote
Good afternoon Shady.

I am afraid I didn't have any luck on the arc but did get the abbeye winner at 7/1.

That horse filled a lot of the trends, drawn 6 or less, previous course form and the right age......but 41/1!!!!

I will be looking at the Ces towards the end of the week - another huge cavalry charge!
Durham
Durham

Back to top Go down

Post  Shady on Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:13 pm

[quote="Durham"]

Good evening Durham.

Good for you for picking the Abbeye winner & at least one of us won.Yes the next cavalry charge looms.
Shady
Shady

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum