IN A FLAP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Smart 'auto aim' rifle lets snipers shoot from more than half a MILE away

3 posters

Go down

Smart 'auto aim' rifle lets snipers shoot from more than half a MILE away  Empty Smart 'auto aim' rifle lets snipers shoot from more than half a MILE away

Post  wyatt1 Tue May 20, 2014 8:32 pm

User RatedRR shoots a smartphone with a smart rifle from 1km away

Precision Guided Firearms (PGFs) that can automatically aim at targets? Terrifyingly, there’s an app for that.

Known as TagTrackXact (TTX), Texas firm TrackingPoint’s software is used to enable an advanced array of weaponry.

And in a new video, one YouTube user shows how TTX lets him hit a smartphone with a rifle from one kilometre (0.62 miles) away.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2633781/Smart-auto-aim-rifle-lets-snipers-shoot-smartphone-half-MILE-away.html

Bloody Hell,  smartphones might be annoying but I think buying that lot just to get rid of one is a bit much.  

I can think of more deserving targets .     Suspect   Twisted Evil  

wyatt1
wyatt1

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Smart 'auto aim' rifle lets snipers shoot from more than half a MILE away  Empty Re: Smart 'auto aim' rifle lets snipers shoot from more than half a MILE away

Post  Flix Tue May 20, 2014 9:38 pm

Didn't a Brit soldier get two Taliban at a mile and a half away a few years ago?

Flix

Back to top Go down

Smart 'auto aim' rifle lets snipers shoot from more than half a MILE away  Empty Re: Smart 'auto aim' rifle lets snipers shoot from more than half a MILE away

Post  wyatt1 Tue May 20, 2014 9:50 pm

Flix wrote:Didn't a Brit soldier get two Taliban at a mile and a half away a few years ago?
He did indeed. With a proper sniper rifle it can be done.
wyatt1
wyatt1

Back to top Go down

Post  Flix Tue May 20, 2014 11:01 pm

wyatt1 wrote:
He did indeed. With a proper sniper rifle it can be done.

Knowing little of the things to be taken into account at these distances and how long the bullet takes to travel it, well I have no idea about targetting anyway, I was intrigued to find out that the earth's rotation is one of those things.

Flix

Back to top Go down

Post  wyatt1 Tue May 20, 2014 11:17 pm

Flix wrote:

Knowing little of the things to be taken into account at these distances and how long the bullet takes to travel it, well I have no idea about targetting anyway, I was intrigued to find out that the earth's rotation is one of those things.
Wind, humidity,  angle of sunlight if any and whether shooting uphill or downhill,  but a lot is instinct and not everyone has it. You can feel the bullet on its way to the target, strange but as I say not everyone has it.
wyatt1
wyatt1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down