IN A FLAP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Junk Mail

3 posters

Go down

Junk Mail Empty Junk Mail

Post  Guest Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:57 am

Perhaps if the people delivering Junk Mail were to get an education and learn to read they could get a proper job and not have to rely in stuffing letter boxes full of the junk fliers for everything from kebab shops to chinese takaways. We receive junk mail almost daily despite there being a large plate saying "NO JUNK MAIL" on the letterbox. Obviously they cannot read as they post the junk anyway.--- Anybody else have the same problem ?.

Back to top Go down

Junk Mail Empty Re: Junk Mail

Post  Flap Zappa Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:38 am

Fred Bloggs wrote:Perhaps if the people delivering Junk Mail were to get an education and learn to read they could get a proper job and not have to rely in stuffing letter boxes full of the junk fliers for everything from kebab shops to chinese takaways. We receive junk mail almost daily despite there being a large plate saying "NO JUNK MAIL" on the letterbox. Obviously they cannot read as they post the junk anyway.--- Anybody else have the same problem ?.
I think the post office are obliged to deliver it Fred. Postmen have been sacked for removing it in the past.
however what you can do is stick any prepaid replies back in the mail box and let them pay the costs or write unknown at this address and let them pay the costs again.
Or even better send large heavy envelopes preferably full of old junk mail without any stamps on to their mailing address and let them pick up the costs. , you can avoid having to use your own envelopes by recycling old a4 sized envelopes, I used to get lots of mail in those.
Flap Zappa
Flap Zappa

https://inaflap.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugh Jardon Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:45 am

Flap Meister wrote:
I think the post office are obliged to deliver it Fred. Postmen have been sacked for removing it in the past.
however what you can do is stick any prepaid replies back in the mail box and let them pay the costs or write unknown at this address and let them pay the costs again.
Or even better send large heavy envelopes preferably full of old junk mail without any stamps on to their mailing address and let them pick up the costs. , you can avoid having to use your own envelopes by recycling old a4 sized envelopes, I used to get lots of mail in those.

..or do what I do..and mix up the junk mail, so Virgin (as an example) get the blurb sent out by SKY etc...

works for me.
Hugh Jardon
Hugh Jardon

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:59 am

It's not the stuff delivered by the postman I'm complaining about, they have to deliver what they are given. -- It's the stuff delivered by casual employees of the businesses whose flyers they are delivering. Hope that clears up the confusion.

Back to top Go down

Post  Cass Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:30 pm

Fred Bloggs wrote:It's not the stuff delivered by the postman I'm complaining about, they have to deliver what they are given. -- It's the stuff delivered by casual employees of the businesses whose flyers they are delivering. Hope that clears up the confusion.

both types are equally annoying...the amount we received after we took out a mortgage here more than tripled! We have a sign too on our front door/security gate except they call it no soliciting over here and my 15 yr old was like "mum why don't you want lawyers to come to the door" lol! at least he didn't think of ladies of the night for which i am grateful!
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post  Flap Zappa Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:35 pm

Cass wrote:
Fred Bloggs wrote:It's not the stuff delivered by the postman I'm complaining about, they have to deliver what they are given. -- It's the stuff delivered by casual employees of the businesses whose flyers they are delivering. Hope that clears up the confusion.

both types are equally annoying...the amount we received after we took out a mortgage here more than tripled! We have a sign too on our front door/security gate except they call it no soliciting over here and my 15 yr old was like "mum why don't you want lawyers to come to the door" lol! at least he didn't think of ladies of the night for which i am grateful!

well if it is double glazing or some such thing call them up arrange a time for them to call and when they arrive give them back all their crap Grinning
Flap Zappa
Flap Zappa

https://inaflap.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down