IN A FLAP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Police banned from wearing Union Jack patch in tribute to PC David Phillips who was killed in line of duty in case it causes 'offence'

+2
Abdul Abulbul Amir
wyatt1
6 posters

Go down

Police banned from wearing Union Jack patch in tribute to PC David Phillips who was killed in line of duty in case it causes 'offence'  Empty Police banned from wearing Union Jack patch in tribute to PC David Phillips who was killed in line of duty in case it causes 'offence'

Post  wyatt1 Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:36 pm

Police officers wearing an emotive 'thin blue line' badge in tribute to PC David Phillips who was killed on duty have reportedly been told they are not allowed to display the patch because it may cause 'offence'.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3268152/Police-wearing-Union-Jack-badge-tribute-PC-David-Phillips-killed-duty-told-patch-case-caused-offence.html#ixzz3oHmGglci 
Follow us: - | -

Next: English must not be spoken as it might offend our "enrichers"
wyatt1
wyatt1

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Police banned from wearing Union Jack patch in tribute to PC David Phillips who was killed in line of duty in case it causes 'offence'  Empty Re: Police banned from wearing Union Jack patch in tribute to PC David Phillips who was killed in line of duty in case it causes 'offence'

Post  Flix Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:55 pm

I agre with all your comments but I don't think its sufficient to say 'certain communities' lets hear it loud and clear exactly which communities then it can be decided what to do about them and we can tell them what we think and what offends us..

Flix

Back to top Go down

Police banned from wearing Union Jack patch in tribute to PC David Phillips who was killed in line of duty in case it causes 'offence'  Empty Re: Police banned from wearing Union Jack patch in tribute to PC David Phillips who was killed in line of duty in case it causes 'offence'

Post  harvesmom Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:07 pm

I can't see any political statement being made by wearing the badge, as far as I saw the person who killed him was white British anyway.

So, who is offended???? Its simply a mark of respect for a dead policeman who got killed on duty, if that offends anyone well tough. Its another case of P.C gone mad in this country.
harvesmom
harvesmom

Back to top Go down

Post  Flap Zappa Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:16 pm

should anyone be offended by the union flag, it might be fair to say they are living in the wrong country and should be asked to move along please
Flap Zappa
Flap Zappa

https://inaflap.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  harvesmom Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:22 pm

ALLAKAKA wrote:

To be honest the badge offends me.

Why's that then
harvesmom
harvesmom

Back to top Go down

Post  harvesmom Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:46 pm

ALLAKAKA wrote:

This is not the Flag of my country , nor the Flag of the country that the police serve.

Police banned from wearing Union Jack patch in tribute to PC David Phillips who was killed in line of duty in case it causes 'offence'  Captur19

Its not a Union Jack, granted. Its the thin blue line badge of the C.O.P.S., the charity  Care Of Police Survivors. Its just a badge that is a play on the Union Jack, nothing to be offended at surely?
harvesmom
harvesmom

Back to top Go down

Post  harvesmom Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:42 am

ALLAKAKA wrote:

Perhaps I overstated it with offended , I would prefer them to officially wear the union jack on their uniform and we as the British public could support them for their service.
I get what you are saying, I suppose they chose that badge to cause the least offence, and still it does!! Can't win really can we. The union jack offends, the poppy offends, St Georges flag offends,  we have a government leader who won't sing the National Anthem. Britain is dying, all its ever stood for and been proud of is slowly being wiped out by Political correctness.
harvesmom
harvesmom

Back to top Go down

Post  Flap Zappa Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:59 am

harvesmom wrote:
ALLAKAKA wrote:

Perhaps I overstated it with offended , I would prefer them to officially wear the union jack on their uniform and we as the British public could support them for their service.
I get what you are saying, I suppose they chose that badge to cause the least offence, and still it does!! Can't win really can we. The union jack offends, the poppy offends, St Georges flag offends,  we have a government leader who won't sing the National Anthem. Britain is dying, all its ever stood for and been proud of is slowly being wiped out by Political correctness.
anyone who is offended by those symbols is living in the wrong country
Flap Zappa
Flap Zappa

https://inaflap.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  wyatt1 Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:04 pm

Flap Zappa wrote:
anyone who is offended by those symbols is living in the wrong country
Send them back to the sandpits they came from.
wyatt1
wyatt1

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord Edmund Moletrousers Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:04 pm

Flap Zappa wrote:should anyone be offended by the union flag, it might be fair to say they are living in the wrong country and should be asked to move along please

Personally, I would omit the word "please." The sort of appeasement that we are now seeing every day is just as sickening - if not more so -than Chamberlain's appeasement of Hitler. And, in my humble opinion, just as dangerous.

My new signature sums up my stance on this issue.
Lord Edmund Moletrousers
Lord Edmund Moletrousers

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down