IN A FLAP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DOUGLAS MURRAY: Blind, bovine hope will get us nowhere – it’s time to change our response to Islamic extremism

3 posters

Go down

DOUGLAS MURRAY: Blind, bovine hope will get us nowhere – it’s time to change our response to Islamic extremism   Empty DOUGLAS MURRAY: Blind, bovine hope will get us nowhere – it’s time to change our response to Islamic extremism

Post  wyatt1 Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:10 pm

On Saturday night eight people were killed and at least 48 injured in terror attacks in London Bridge and Borough. 
This is the country’s second terrorist attack in less than two weeks, following the Manchester Arena attack last month. 
On Friday, Douglas Murray, wrote for The Spectator, about the need to change our approach to Islamic extremism:
Last Sunday, I appeared on the BBC’s Sunday Politics to discuss the aftermath of the Manchester attack. I said what I thought, and various Muslim groups promptly went bananas.
This was not caused by my suggestion that this country should finally crack-down on British officials who spend their retirements working as shills for the House of Saud. Nor by my ridiculing of that modern European tradition whereby someone blows us up and we respond by singing John Lennon songs (and now Oasis too). 
Rather they objected to my simple two-word suggestion that we could all do with ‘less Islam’.

........

In a short film preceding the studio discussion, I mentioned that countries like Poland, Hungary and the Czech Republic have very little Islam and very little Islamic terror. By contrast, France has a great amount of Islam and a great amount of Islamic terror. 
                                                                                      ........
But so it is that various Muslims and Muslim groups who have spent recent years urging British Muslims not to cooperate with the UK authorities on counter-terrorism are now keenly urging Muslims to complain about me to any and all authorities. A telling set of priorities, I would say.

..................
Personally I dislike this indecent over-compensation and would like rather less of it. I dislike the fact that before the victims’ bodies have been identified in the morgue the local police are at the local mosque for a group hug and photo. 
I dislike the politicians who, only hours after another Islamist atrocity, talk about how great it is that the violence has ‘brought us together’, so distracting attention from the bodies that have been blown apart. 

.....................

For instance, still nobody wants to ask what responsibility should be apportioned to Salford University where the Manchester bomber was recently a student. 
There seems very little interest in the fact that the Vice Chancellor when Abedi entered the university (Martin Hall) was vocally opposed to the UK government’s only counter-extremism strategy, which encourages people to report signs of radicalisation among students (see, for instance, here) Nor does anyone seem very interested in the fact that the current President of the Student Union – Zamzam Ibrahim – has a very interesting set of views. And not just that she has spent her time ‘representing’ Salford’s students by campaigning against the government’s only counter-extremism strategy
Ms Ibrahim has spent recent days deleting and making private various of her online profiles. Though not fast enough. Among the questions this enlightened young woman was asked on her now-deleted ask.fm profile was ‘Can there be friendship between a man and a woman’. Her short answer: ‘NO. More interesting is her answer to the question ‘What’s the one book you think everyone should be required to read?’ 
Her answer: ‘The Quraan [sic], We would have an Islamic takeover!’
All of which points to many specific questions and one overriding one: Why don’t we want to know? Why must the man waving the leaflet be the liar, and the mosque be innocent and the activities of officials like Martin Hall and Zamzam Ibrahim be of no interest? Has our society got zero interest in working out what might produce people like Abedi? 
The fact is – once again – that we may ask the question but we don’t want to hear the answer. Because if what all these things suggest is true then we could be in serious trouble. Perhaps we are. 

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4583812/It-s-time-change-response-Islamic-extremism.html#ixzz4jPbdU9J1 
Follow us: - | -

Wake the hell up.
wyatt1
wyatt1

Back to top Go down

DOUGLAS MURRAY: Blind, bovine hope will get us nowhere – it’s time to change our response to Islamic extremism   Empty Re: DOUGLAS MURRAY: Blind, bovine hope will get us nowhere – it’s time to change our response to Islamic extremism

Post  smelly-bandit Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:24 pm

labour cretins are still saying they wont toughen anti terror laws

it would appear than the labour party is a terror group
smelly-bandit
smelly-bandit

Back to top Go down

DOUGLAS MURRAY: Blind, bovine hope will get us nowhere – it’s time to change our response to Islamic extremism   Empty Re: DOUGLAS MURRAY: Blind, bovine hope will get us nowhere – it’s time to change our response to Islamic extremism

Post  Flix Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:28 pm

I'm amazed that people can't or won't see what is blindingly obvious, are the majority of the population so brainwashed, or don't they care when the things most important to them is the newest phone and trainers?

Flix

Back to top Go down

Post  smelly-bandit Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:57 pm

Flix wrote:I'm amazed that people can't or won't see what is blindingly obvious, are the majority of the population so brainwashed, or don't they care when the things most important to them is the newest phone and trainers?

a combination of all the above

stupidity ignorance and selfishness
smelly-bandit
smelly-bandit

Back to top Go down

Post  wyatt1 Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:14 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:

a combination of all the above

stupidity ignorance and selfishness
Agreed.
wyatt1
wyatt1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down