IN A FLAP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gym Rats Are at Risk of This Once-Obscure Kidney Injury

Go down

Gym Rats Are at Risk of This Once-Obscure Kidney Injury Empty Gym Rats Are at Risk of This Once-Obscure Kidney Injury

Post  fatbob5 Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:09 pm

All Jared Shamburger wanted was to get stronger.

The 17-year-old’s father and brother had been bodybuilding for years, and Shamburger felt he had to “catch up to them and get as big as them,” he told ABC13.

To that end, he spent 90 minutes last month lifting weights at his Houston area gym. When he got home, he was sore—extremely sore. “Everything hurt,” he said. “It hurt to the touch. It was swollen.”

When the pain hadn’t subsided a few hours later, his mother, Judy Shamburger, grew concerned. “The mama bear in me kind of took over,” she said, “and I called the pediatrician and said, ‘I really think my son has rhabdo.’” ........

https://www.thedailybeast.com/gym-rats-are-at-risk-of-this-once-obscure-kidney-disease?ref=home
fatbob5
fatbob5

Back to top Go down

Gym Rats Are at Risk of This Once-Obscure Kidney Injury Empty Re: Gym Rats Are at Risk of This Once-Obscure Kidney Injury

Post  fatbob5 Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:11 pm

This is why I never go to the gym.
This and the fact that I just cant be bothered

Chortle
fatbob5
fatbob5

Back to top Go down