Alien-hunting artificial intelligence detects dozens of deep space mystery signals

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Aliens?

100% 100% 
[ 1 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
 
Total Votes : 1

Alien-hunting artificial intelligence detects dozens of deep space mystery signals

Post  fatbob5 on Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:12 pm

An artificial intelligence built to find evidence of extraterrestrial life has detected 72 mysterious signals emanating from deep space. 


A system built by the Breakthrough Listen project spotted new fast radio bursts (FRBs) emanating from a ‘repeater’ called FRB 121102 that’s 3 billion light-years away from Earth. ......


https://metro.co.uk/2018/09/10/alien-hunting-artificial-intelligence-detects-dozens-of-deep-space-mystery-signals-7931720/
avatar
fatbob5
..........
..........

Posts : 12348
Location : Cardiff

Back to top Go down

Re: Alien-hunting artificial intelligence detects dozens of deep space mystery signals

Post  smelly-bandit on Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:20 pm

@fatbob5 wrote:An artificial intelligence built to find evidence of extraterrestrial life has detected 72 mysterious signals emanating from deep space. 


A system built by the Breakthrough Listen project spotted new fast radio bursts (FRBs) emanating from a ‘repeater’ called FRB 121102 that’s 3 billion light-years away from Earth. ......


https://metro.co.uk/2018/09/10/alien-hunting-artificial-intelligence-detects-dozens-of-deep-space-mystery-signals-7931720/

Depends 

Are they outer space aliens or the ethnic Muslim "!let's rape every woman in sight" kind of aliens
avatar
smelly-bandit
......
......

Posts : 3713

Back to top Go down

Re: Alien-hunting artificial intelligence detects dozens of deep space mystery signals

Post  Flap Zappa on Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:18 am

@fatbob5 wrote:An artificial intelligence built to find evidence of extraterrestrial life has detected 72 mysterious signals emanating from deep space. 


A system built by the Breakthrough Listen project spotted new fast radio bursts (FRBs) emanating from a ‘repeater’ called FRB 121102 that’s 3 billion light-years away from Earth. ......


https://metro.co.uk/2018/09/10/alien-hunting-artificial-intelligence-detects-dozens-of-deep-space-mystery-signals-7931720/
natural occurrences, like all the others ones they have found.

_______________________________________________________________________
Socialists never tire of spending other peoples money

To the twittersphere
if you wish to comment on this or any other thread then sign up and have your say in more than 140 characters. All political persuasions welcome

The Artist Formally Known As D555 - - Follow on twitter: @in_a_flap              
avatar
Flap Zappa
...........
...........

Posts : 37908
Location : village of the sun

http://inaflap.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Alien-hunting artificial intelligence detects dozens of deep space mystery signals

Post  Flix on Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:56 pm

There are all sorts of signals in space, if its regular it's probably natural as has been said, if its irregular its more likely to be artificial, as in communications which I suppose could be fairly regular but must have times when it isn't, if you see what I mean.

Flix
.......
.......

Posts : 5854

Back to top Go down

Re: Alien-hunting artificial intelligence detects dozens of deep space mystery signals

Post  Flap Zappa on Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:35 pm

@Flix wrote:There are all sorts of signals in space, if its regular it's probably natural as has been said, if its irregular its more likely to be artificial, as in communications which I suppose could be fairly regular but must have times when it isn't, if you see what I mean.
bearing in mind that it has taken us 4.5billion years to get to this point and at best our electronic footprint is only around 100 light years out (5.879e+14 miles), it is not surprising that that there are not huge numbers of signals from other civilisations.

_______________________________________________________________________
Socialists never tire of spending other peoples money

To the twittersphere
if you wish to comment on this or any other thread then sign up and have your say in more than 140 characters. All political persuasions welcome

The Artist Formally Known As D555 - - Follow on twitter: @in_a_flap              
avatar
Flap Zappa
...........
...........

Posts : 37908
Location : village of the sun

http://inaflap.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Alien-hunting artificial intelligence detects dozens of deep space mystery signals

Post  fatbob5 on Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:33 am

@Flap Zappa wrote:
natural occurrences, like all the others ones they have found.
Dean,  are you colluding with The Illuminati?
avatar
fatbob5
..........
..........

Posts : 12348
Location : Cardiff

Back to top Go down

Re: Alien-hunting artificial intelligence detects dozens of deep space mystery signals

Post  fatbob5 on Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:45 am

@Flap Zappa wrote:
bearing in mind that it has taken us 4.5billion years to get to this point and at best our electronic footprint is only around 100 light years out (5.879e+14 miles), it is not surprising that that there are not huge numbers of signals from other civilisations.
A Sphere of 100 light year radius

V= 4/3.πR^3

V = 4.19  *10^6 Cubic Light Years

Thats a lot of space
avatar
fatbob5
..........
..........

Posts : 12348
Location : Cardiff

Back to top Go down

Re: Alien-hunting artificial intelligence detects dozens of deep space mystery signals

Post  Flap Zappa on Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:07 pm

@fatbob5 wrote:
@Flap Zappa wrote:
bearing in mind that it has taken us 4.5billion years to get to this point and at best our electronic footprint is only around 100 light years out (5.879e+14 miles), it is not surprising that that there are not huge numbers of signals from other civilisations.
A Sphere of 100 light year radius

V= 4/3.πR^3

V = 4.19  *10^6 Cubic Light Years

That's a lot of space
not in the terms of the universe though. It's not even 10% of our galaxy, let alone the trillions of other galaxies

andromeda is 2.5million light years away

_______________________________________________________________________
Socialists never tire of spending other peoples money

To the twittersphere
if you wish to comment on this or any other thread then sign up and have your say in more than 140 characters. All political persuasions welcome

The Artist Formally Known As D555 - - Follow on twitter: @in_a_flap              
avatar
Flap Zappa
...........
...........

Posts : 37908
Location : village of the sun

http://inaflap.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Alien-hunting artificial intelligence detects dozens of deep space mystery signals

Post  Flix on Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:26 pm

Going to have to shout very loudly then.

Flix
.......
.......

Posts : 5854

Back to top Go down

Re: Alien-hunting artificial intelligence detects dozens of deep space mystery signals

Post  fatbob5 on Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:38 am

Mystery closure of observatory and FBI presence in Sunspot, New Mexico


https://news.sky.com/story/mystery-closure-of-observatory-and-fbi-presence-in-sunspot-new-mexico-11496171
avatar
fatbob5
..........
..........

Posts : 12348
Location : Cardiff

Back to top Go down

Re: Alien-hunting artificial intelligence detects dozens of deep space mystery signals

Post  fatbob5 on Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:10 am

@Flap Zappa wrote:
not in the terms of the universe though. It's not even 10% of our galaxy, let alone the trillions of other galaxies

andromeda is 2.5million light years away
Dean, do you think that the Universe is Infinite in size ?
avatar
fatbob5
..........
..........

Posts : 12348
Location : Cardiff

Back to top Go down

Re: Alien-hunting artificial intelligence detects dozens of deep space mystery signals

Post  fatbob5 on Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:04 am

I wonder what Trump is hiding from the world
avatar
fatbob5
..........
..........

Posts : 12348
Location : Cardiff

Back to top Go down

Re: Alien-hunting artificial intelligence detects dozens of deep space mystery signals

Post  Flap Zappa on Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:25 am

@fatbob5 wrote:
@Flap Zappa wrote:
not in the terms of the universe though. It's not even 10% of our galaxy, let alone the trillions of other galaxies

andromeda is 2.5million light years away
Dean, do you think that the Universe is Infinite in size ?
to think otherwise means you would find an edge, and what is on the other side of that.

_______________________________________________________________________
Socialists never tire of spending other peoples money

To the twittersphere
if you wish to comment on this or any other thread then sign up and have your say in more than 140 characters. All political persuasions welcome

The Artist Formally Known As D555 - - Follow on twitter: @in_a_flap              
avatar
Flap Zappa
...........
...........

Posts : 37908
Location : village of the sun

http://inaflap.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Alien-hunting artificial intelligence detects dozens of deep space mystery signals

Post  smelly-bandit on Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:51 pm

@fatbob5 wrote:I wonder what Trump is hiding from the world

Oh he has something good up his sleeve. Its called reelection
avatar
smelly-bandit
......
......

Posts : 3713

Back to top Go down

Re: Alien-hunting artificial intelligence detects dozens of deep space mystery signals

Post  fatbob5 on Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:14 pm

@Flap Zappa wrote:
to think otherwise means you would find an edge, and what is on the other side of that.
Not necessarily
Perhaps if you keep going in one direction you would end up where you started
The Universe would essentially resemble the surface of a 4 dimensional sphere
avatar
fatbob5
..........
..........

Posts : 12348
Location : Cardiff

Back to top Go down

Re: Alien-hunting artificial intelligence detects dozens of deep space mystery signals

Post  fatbob5 on Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:34 pm

I dont mind the idea of Aliens visiting Earth
 *** As Long As *** , they are friendly left wing aliens rather than nasty right wing ones
avatar
fatbob5
..........
..........

Posts : 12348
Location : Cardiff

Back to top Go down

Re: Alien-hunting artificial intelligence detects dozens of deep space mystery signals

Post  fatbob5 on Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:35 pm

@smelly-bandit wrote:

Oh he has something good up his sleeve. Its called reelection
No Chance
avatar
fatbob5
..........
..........

Posts : 12348
Location : Cardiff

Back to top Go down

Re: Alien-hunting artificial intelligence detects dozens of deep space mystery signals

Post  Flap Zappa on Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:13 am

@fatbob5 wrote:I dont mind the idea of Aliens visiting Earth
 *** As Long As *** , they are friendly left wing aliens rather than nasty right wing ones
due to the distances involved any species coming here would b coming to stay. Think europeans arriving in america to know how it would go for us.

_______________________________________________________________________
Socialists never tire of spending other peoples money

To the twittersphere
if you wish to comment on this or any other thread then sign up and have your say in more than 140 characters. All political persuasions welcome

The Artist Formally Known As D555 - - Follow on twitter: @in_a_flap              
avatar
Flap Zappa
...........
...........

Posts : 37908
Location : village of the sun

http://inaflap.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Alien-hunting artificial intelligence detects dozens of deep space mystery signals

Post  smelly-bandit on Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:02 am

@fatbob5 wrote:I dont mind the idea of Aliens visiting Earth
 *** As Long As *** , they are friendly left wing aliens rather than nasty right wing ones

If aliens came here they would wipe humanity out. 

Any alien lifeforms who have the ability to travel through 
space will have already done their research and know that humans are inherently hostile and would move against us without even giving us the chance to screw it up. 

Never mind the rape of europe by illegal Muslim immigrants, alien visitors would make that look like happy days
avatar
smelly-bandit
......
......

Posts : 3713

Back to top Go down

Re: Alien-hunting artificial intelligence detects dozens of deep space mystery signals

Post  smelly-bandit on Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:02 am

@fatbob5 wrote:
No Chance

That's what they said first time round
avatar
smelly-bandit
......
......

Posts : 3713

Back to top Go down

Re: Alien-hunting artificial intelligence detects dozens of deep space mystery signals

Post  fatbob5 on Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:19 pm

@smelly-bandit wrote:

If aliens came here they would wipe humanity out. 

Any alien lifeforms who have the ability to travel through 
space will have already done their research and know that humans are inherently hostile and would move against us without even giving us the chance to screw it up. 

Never mind the rape of europe by illegal Muslim immigrants, alien visitors would make that look like happy days
Its just a gut feeling, but I suspect that the technology required to fly through Interstellar space is so incredibly advanced that any species acquiring would already have the ability to terraform planets and therefore would have no need to ' invade' planets which can already support life.
The ' Independence Day' alien which Will Smith punched in the Kisser - doesnt make sense.
It would resemble a human race that has discovered Nuclear energy but not yet learnt how to use Electricity
avatar
fatbob5
..........
..........

Posts : 12348
Location : Cardiff

Back to top Go down

Re: Alien-hunting artificial intelligence detects dozens of deep space mystery signals

Post  Flix on Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:05 pm

If they have as much sense as technology, they'll take a look and turn around and go somewhere else.

Flix
.......
.......

Posts : 5854

Back to top Go down

Re: Alien-hunting artificial intelligence detects dozens of deep space mystery signals

Post  fatbob5 on Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:08 pm

I wonder if Aliens support Brexit?

Grinning
avatar
fatbob5
..........
..........

Posts : 12348
Location : Cardiff

Back to top Go down

Re: Alien-hunting artificial intelligence detects dozens of deep space mystery signals

Post  smelly-bandit on Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:16 am

@Flix wrote:If they have as much sense as technology, they'll take a look and turn around and go somewhere else.

if they ever saw the likes of big brother or love island they would conclude that no intelligent lifeforms exist on this planet and wipe us out for sure.
avatar
smelly-bandit
......
......

Posts : 3713

Back to top Go down

Re: Alien-hunting artificial intelligence detects dozens of deep space mystery signals

Post  smelly-bandit on Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:18 am

@fatbob5 wrote:
Its just a gut feeling, but I suspect that the technology required to fly through Interstellar space is so incredibly advanced that any species acquiring would already have the ability to terraform planets and therefore would have no need to ' invade' planets which can already support life.
The ' Independence Day' alien which Will Smith punched in the Kisser - doesnt make sense.
It would resemble a human race that has discovered Nuclear energy but not yet learnt how to use Electricity

but what if the aliens from outer space are like the ones from currently running amok in europe??

what if they just want to break things for the love of it??
avatar
smelly-bandit
......
......

Posts : 3713

Back to top Go down

Re: Alien-hunting artificial intelligence detects dozens of deep space mystery signals

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum