IN A FLAP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many tickets for Olympics remain unsold

5 posters

Go down

Many tickets for Olympics remain unsold Empty Many tickets for Olympics remain unsold

Post  wyatt1 Fri May 25, 2012 6:49 pm

he BBC has learned that nearly a third of the Olympics tickets which went on sale earlier this month remain unsold.
The London 2012 organisers had expected that the 928,000 tickets would all be snapped up quickly by eager buyers, but that has not proved to be the case.
There are still more than 20 sessions with availability for sports like boxing, basketball, beach volleyball and weightlifting.
In total there are nearly 300,000 tickets remaining on sale.
London 2012 - Begin your journey here

London 2012: Latest Olympic news, sport, features and programmes from the BBC
That is in addition to the more than one million football tickets which are left.
For the first time since London 2012 tickets went on sale last year there is now a genuine prospect of the Games not selling out.

:shock:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/18209178

Last edited by wyatt1 on Fri May 25, 2012 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : source)
wyatt1
wyatt1

Back to top Go down

Many tickets for Olympics remain unsold Empty Re: Many tickets for Olympics remain unsold

Post  Flap Zappa Fri May 25, 2012 7:05 pm

wyatt1 wrote:he BBC has learned that nearly a third of the Olympics tickets which went on sale earlier this month remain unsold.
The London 2012 organisers had expected that the 928,000 tickets would all be snapped up quickly by eager buyers, but that has not proved to be the case.
There are still more than 20 sessions with availability for sports like boxing, basketball, beach volleyball and weightlifting.
In total there are nearly 300,000 tickets remaining on sale.
London 2012 - Begin your journey here

London 2012: Latest Olympic news, sport, features and programmes from the BBC
That is in addition to the more than one million football tickets which are left.
For the first time since London 2012 tickets went on sale last year there is now a genuine prospect of the Games not selling out.

:shock:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/18209178

perhaps the price or the fact you can't buy tickets for a sport you like may have something to do with it.
Flap Zappa
Flap Zappa

https://inaflap.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Many tickets for Olympics remain unsold Empty Re: Many tickets for Olympics remain unsold

Post  Mystic Moon Fri May 25, 2012 7:18 pm

I think with HD TV and very large screens people are figuring out that watching for home is much better. I would rather have a football party at home, the food is better too. Smile
Mystic Moon
Mystic Moon

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 25, 2012 7:29 pm

HD is the way to go.....

I've already programed my set top box for the ladies, naked darts. I expect to see some very good double tops!

Back to top Go down

Post  jadeloue Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:17 pm

be glad when its finished and i never have to see that smug b/steward seb coe again
jadeloue
jadeloue

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugh Jardon Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:55 pm

I shall be at home enjoying the brave exploits of our differently enabled athletes .....the throwing the stick backwards over your head (whilst sat down) is one of my favourite events!
Hugh Jardon
Hugh Jardon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down