IN A FLAP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stephen King opts to only offer novel in book form

2 posters

Go down

Stephen King opts to only offer novel in book form Empty Stephen King opts to only offer novel in book form

Post  wyatt1 Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:22 pm

Author Stephen King will initially release his forthcoming novel Joyland in paper form only, despite being an early pioneer of the e-book market.

The Carrie author became the first best-selling writer to release his work exclusively over the internet in 2000.

His latest horror story, Joyland, is due out in June.

"I loved the paperbacks I grew up with as a kid, and for that reason, we're going to hold off on e-publishing this one for the time being," said King.

The novel is set in and around an amusement park in 1973, and follows a college student confronting "the legacy of a vicious murder".

"Joyland will be coming out in paperback, and folks who want to read it will have to buy the actual book," King added

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-18278719
wyatt1
wyatt1

Back to top Go down

Stephen King opts to only offer novel in book form Empty Re: Stephen King opts to only offer novel in book form

Post  Flap Zappa Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:43 am

wyatt1 wrote:Author Stephen King will initially release his forthcoming novel Joyland in paper form only, despite being an early pioneer of the e-book market.

The Carrie author became the first best-selling writer to release his work exclusively over the internet in 2000.

His latest horror story, Joyland, is due out in June.

"I loved the paperbacks I grew up with as a kid, and for that reason, we're going to hold off on e-publishing this one for the time being," said King.

The novel is set in and around an amusement park in 1973, and follows a college student confronting "the legacy of a vicious murder".

"Joyland will be coming out in paperback, and folks who want to read it will have to buy the actual book," King added

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-18278719

while I agree an actual book has a special feel to it I am sure he will release it in e format eventually as that is over 25% of the market these days.
I haven't read an honest to god paper book for several years now.
I have 147 books in my PPC, most were free but like heroin dealers the first ones in the series are free then they charge. Grinning
Flap Zappa
Flap Zappa

https://inaflap.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Stephen King opts to only offer novel in book form Empty Re: Stephen King opts to only offer novel in book form

Post  wyatt1 Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:49 pm

Flap Meister wrote:

while I agree an actual book has a special feel to it I am sure he will release it in e format eventually as that is over 25% of the market these days.
I haven't read an honest to god paper book for several years now.
I have 147 books in my PPC, most were free but like heroin dealers the first ones in the series are free then they charge. Grinning

Thats right, I use an old notebook with 'calibre' and mostly free books from 'baen' . the notebook is no use for anything else, so it is better than throwing it out. Still like the old paperbacks though. Smile
wyatt1
wyatt1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down