IN A FLAP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

eagerly awaiting assassins creed 3!!

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

eagerly awaiting assassins creed 3!! Empty eagerly awaiting assassins creed 3!!

Post  Guest Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:27 pm

have you enjoyed the assassins creed games?

Back to top Go down

eagerly awaiting assassins creed 3!! Empty Re: eagerly awaiting assassins creed 3!!

Post  Flap Zappa Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:29 pm

heartsandminds wrote:have you enjoyed the assassins creed games?
I prefer tiger woods golf on the xbox
I used to play a lot of that style of game on the PC, I much prefer the PC to xbox or ps3 game pads xcept for golf games, the xbox controller is excellent for golf play.

I have tiger woods on the wii as well and score about as well on the wii as I do in real life lol!
Flap Zappa
Flap Zappa

https://inaflap.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

eagerly awaiting assassins creed 3!! Empty Re: eagerly awaiting assassins creed 3!!

Post  Guest Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:34 pm

Flap Meister wrote:I prefer tiger woods golf on the xbox
I used to play a lot of that style of game on the PC, I much prefer the PC to xbox or ps3 game pads xcept for golf games, the xbox controller is excellent for golf play.

I have tiger woods on the wii as well and score about as well on the wii as I do in real life lol!

I like some of the tiger woods games, some are a little dodgy , good for gamer points though.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:27 pm

From what I have seen of Assassin's Creed 3:
It looks shit.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:32 pm

you must have got it for the mega drive, it looks and plays brilliant...

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:32 pm

Assassin's Creed 1:
Boring repetitive parkour simulator.
Do the same mini-missions again and again and again and then do an Assassination on some guy.
Combat:
Timing your button presses.

Assassin's Creed 2:
More open and a bit more fun, the game had better flow to it but in the end it was still a bland parkour simulator.

Assassin's Creed 2: Brotherhood:
Overpriced DLC.

Assassin's Creed: Revelations:
Never played it, saw my brother play it, looked boring as all hell.

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Arrow Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:13 pm

Evening Tea wrote:Assassin's Creed 1:
Do the same mini-missions again and again and again and then do an Assassination on some guy.
Combat:

Assassin's Creed 2:
More open and a bit more fun, the game had better flow to it but in the end it was still a bland parkour simulator.

Overpriced DLC.

Totally agree. The first seemed so good at first but what is good for half an hour stops being good for the hundredth time of doing it Neutral

I actually really enjoyed the second but the story got kind of cack, I'd have done away with the future stuff.

Revelations was more of the same and felt like kind of a rip off, I never bothered to go far with it.

I have sort of lost interest in games since; maybe too much other stuff to do; only really play party games and Zelda on the Wii now Smile
Broken Arrow
Broken Arrow

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:15 pm

Eilzel 2.0 wrote:

Totally agree. The first seemed so good at first but what is good for half an hour stops being good for the hundredth time of doing it Neutral

I actually really enjoyed the second but the story got kind of cack, I'd have done away with the future stuff.

Revelations was more of the same and felt like kind of a rip off, I never bothered to go far with it.

I have sort of lost interest in games since; maybe too much other stuff to do; only really play party games and Zelda on the Wii now Smile

A lot of video games nowadays are shit to be honest.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:17 pm

lol!.. that's why all the titles have been a major success ...lol!

perhaps you wouldn't know a good game if it bit you, assassins creed 3 will earn a great deal of money for it's company but I guess you know best...lol!

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Arrow Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:18 pm

Evening Tea wrote:

Since all people play are MMORPGS and FPS's it's no surprise really; they don't even have to try to get sales on those kinds of games and no one bothers much with anything else (GTA being the exception which I don't understand).

I miss the PSone days, golden age of Final Fantasy and so many other awesome series.

Fortunately Zelda is always reliable, but they are once ever 4+ years lol!
Broken Arrow
Broken Arrow

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:19 pm

heartsandminds wrote:lol!.. that's why all the titles have been a major success ...lol!

perhaps you wouldn't know a good game if it bit you, assassins creed 3 will earn a great deal of money for it's company but I guess you know best...lol!

Look at ALL THAT SHIT TASTE IN VIDEO GAMES.

Enjoy your over-priced parkour simulator.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:29 pm

Eilzel 2.0 wrote:

Since all people play are MMORPGS and FPS's it's no surprise really; they don't even have to try to get sales on those kinds of games and no one bothers much with anything else (GTA being the exception which I don't understand).

I miss the PSone days, golden age of Final Fantasy and so many other awesome series.

I remember I tred WoW once, I got bored to death of it after I hit level 10 which is only about two hours of playing, haven't touched it since and this was years ago.

FPS games, there really all the same shit, you played one then you've played them all.
The selling points of those games though is the multiplayer which is why a lot of people buy the likes of Call Of Duty (Babby's first FPS) and think they're hot shit at online multiplayer.

Grand Theft Auto and the like, their appeal is open world sand-box mayhem, a lot of gamers dislike linear gaming and prefer to just do what they want, freedom and all that.

Those aren't all the genres though, just covering the ones you mentioned.
You'll find exceptions though, diamonds in the rough of every genre, most shit now-a-days though are AAA titles that are simply milking their respective franchises for all they got so there's very little innovation and new things.

The Playstation One, I loved that but to be honest I'm likely looking at it through nostalgia goggles now, I was only a child back then so I didn't get to experience that gaming era properly.

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Arrow Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:41 pm

Evening Tea wrote:

I remember I tred WoW once, I got bored to death of it after I hit level 10 which is only about two hours of playing, haven't touched it since and this was years ago.

FPS games, there really all the same shit, you played one then you've played them all.
The selling points of those games though is the multiplayer which is why a lot of people buy the likes of Call Of Duty (Babby's first FPS) and think they're hot shit at online multiplayer.

Grand Theft Auto and the like, their appeal is open world sand-box mayhem, a lot of gamers dislike linear gaming and prefer to just do what they want, freedom and all that.

Those aren't all the genres though, just covering the ones you mentioned.
You'll find exceptions though, diamonds in the rough of every genre, most shit now-a-days though are AAA titles that are simply milking their respective franchises for all they got so there's very little innovation and new things.

The Playstation One, I loved that but to be honest I'm likely looking at it through nostalgia goggles now, I was only a child back then so I didn't get to experience that gaming era properly.

Have never played WoW tbh; resent the thought of having to frequently pay out to play a game.

PSone for me was the first real venture into 3D games after the NES and SNES years (well actually N64 was but that lasted about 3 months before I got with the rest of the world and the 64 died a quick death lol!). So really it probably was a case of all these brilliant games simply being the first of their kind and just haven't changed much since.

That said I have replayed Final Fantasies 7, 8 and 9 and they are still amazing, as is Mario 64; while Final Fantasy 13 was actually the shittest RPG imaginable and Mario is no longer original at all.

You are right about FPS games. The last game I was really into was Metal Gear Solid 4 Online and unlike FPS games it was actually not just a case of bang bang bang but tactics; great game Smile
Broken Arrow
Broken Arrow

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:42 pm

Eilzel 2.0 wrote:

Have never played WoW tbh; resent the thought of having to frequently pay out to play a game.

PSone for me was the first real venture into 3D games after the NES and SNES years (well actually N64 was but that lasted about 3 months before I got with the rest of the world and the 64 died a quick death lol!). So really it probably was a case of all these brilliant games simply being the first of their kind and just haven't changed much since.

That said I have replayed Final Fantasies 7, 8 and 9 and they are still amazing, as is Mario 64; while Final Fantasy 13 was actually the shittest RPG imaginable and Mario is no longer original at all.

You are right about FPS games. The last game I was really into was Metal Gear Solid 4 Online and unlike FPS games it was actually not just a case of bang bang bang but tactics; great game Smile

Metal Gear Solid is fun.
You have to admit it gets fĂșcking goofy sometimes plot-wise though.

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Arrow Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:01 pm

Evening Tea wrote:

Metal Gear Solid is fun.
You have to admit it gets fĂșcking goofy sometimes plot-wise though.

I only played the 4th and Online, it did seem rather bizarre though, and the 10+ hours of cutscenes, was that really necessary lol!
Broken Arrow
Broken Arrow

Back to top Go down

Post  Flap Zappa Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:25 pm

Evening Tea wrote:Assassin's Creed 1:
Combat:

Assassin's Creed 2:

Overpriced DLC.

they are all just a rehash of pac man when you break it down. Only the graphics have got better,
Flap Zappa
Flap Zappa

Back to top Go down

Post  Flap Zappa Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:26 pm

Eilzel 2.0 wrote:
Evening Tea wrote:

re GTA
everyone wants to chop up a pimp with a chainsaw. lol!
Flap Zappa
Flap Zappa

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:28 pm

I don't game, too old to. But I did have a go at my son's Assassins Creed 1 when he first got his X-Box years back, it was good although I kept on upsetting the Arabs (what's new). I'd love to have a go at Halo, Gears of War, Skate and Forza but I just can't use the controller in a way that the game producers intended. When he comes home (not at girlfriends) he always seems to be on Fifa13.

Oh... I tried to play Kane & Lynch but couldn't get past the first chapter.

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Arrow Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:30 pm

Flap Meister wrote:

re GTA

Haha, games have never been a good place for drawing morals have they; even Mario ate magic mushrooms; as for a certain Pacman, pizza faced little pill poppers are good guys is all one can draw from that surprise Smile
Broken Arrow
Broken Arrow

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:36 pm

Flap Meister wrote:

re GTA

That's horrible Dean.
You're mean to chop up the prostitutes with the chainsaw.

San Andreas and Vice City were my favourites, GTA IV was too clunky with all that MUH REALISM.
Hopefully they fix it for GTA: V which is going to be set in San Andreas again.

Which reminds me, I need to look into certain San Andreas multi-player PC servers.

ItheMonkey wrote:I don't game, too old to. But I did have a go at my
son's Assassins Creed 1 when he first got his X-Box years back, it was
good although I kept on upsetting the Arabs (what's new). I'd love to
have a go at Halo, Gears of War, Skate and Forza but I just can't use
the controller in a way that the game producers intended. When he
comes home (not at girlfriends) he always seems to be on Fifa13.

Oh... I tried to play Kane & Lynch but couldn't get past the first chapter.

If you're thinking about Halo then look at Halo 2.

In relation to Skate, Skate is for hardcore IRL skaters, it's not going to hold your hand.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:37 pm

Wolfenstein 3D in 1992.... played on an IBM PC. Superb!

Xenon 2 megablast was also good.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:38 pm

My son is a ex sakter so he takes Skate 3 and Project 8 in his stride.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:40 pm

ItheMonkey wrote:My son is a ex sakter so he takes Skate 3 and Project 8 in his stride.

Tony Hawk's project 8? I remember that.
It was shit.

Tony Hawk's American Wasteland was the last good Tony Hawk game.

Back to top Go down

Post  Flap Zappa Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:48 pm

Eilzel 2.0 wrote:
Flap Meister wrote:

re GTA

Haha, games have never been a good place for drawing morals have they; even Mario ate magic mushrooms; as for a certain Pacman, pizza faced little pill poppers are good guys is all one can draw from that surprise Smile
but when you look at it is basically people being chased and chasing others in a maze.
Pretty much what every other game is since then.
Only the graphics and the back story have changed.
Flap Zappa
Flap Zappa

Back to top Go down

Post  Flap Zappa Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:49 pm

ItheMonkey wrote:Wolfenstein 3D in 1992.... played on an IBM PC. Superb!

Xenon 2 megablast was also good.
yes that was a greaT one, but only a clone of doom.
I find the PC method of controlling games far easier than the xbox controller for everything except golf games where the double click method on a PC is totally crap.
Flap Zappa
Flap Zappa

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum