IN A FLAP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Humans are not smarter than animals - we just don't understand them

4 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Humans are not smarter than animals - we just don't understand them - Page 3 Empty Humans are not smarter than animals - we just don't understand them

Post  Guest Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:10 pm

First topic message reminder :

For many years, humans have believed we are the most intelligent beings on the planet. However, evolutionary biologists are now claiming that some members of the animal kingdom may in fact have superior brains - we just don't recognise their intelligence.

Scientists at the University of Adelaide argue that evidence is emerging to suggest some animals actually have cognitive faculties that are superior to those possessed by human beings.

“For millennia, all kinds of authorities – from religion to eminent scholars – have been repeating the same idea ad nauseam, that humans are exceptional by virtue and that they are the smartest in the animal kingdom,” says Dr Arthur Saniotis, Visiting Research Fellow with the University's School of Medical Sciences.

"The belief of human cognitive superiority became entrenched in human philosophy and sciences. Even Aristotle, probably the most influential of all thinkers, argued that humans were superior to other animals due to our exclusive ability to reason.

“However, science tells us that animals can have cognitive faculties that are superior to human beings.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/humans-are-not-smarter-than-animals--we-just-dont-understand-them-9003196.html

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Humans are not smarter than animals - we just don't understand them - Page 3 Empty Re: Humans are not smarter than animals - we just don't understand them

Post  Guest Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:17 pm

Flap Gallagher wrote:
yes surely such a whippersnapper like you should be in beddykins by now

Yessum.
I'm clearly not worthy of speaking to the all-mighty himself.

Back to top Go down

Humans are not smarter than animals - we just don't understand them - Page 3 Empty Re: Humans are not smarter than animals - we just don't understand them

Post  Bert Assirati Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:17 pm

From the life of a butterfly to that of a tortoise.

Bert Assirati

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:18 pm

Flap Gallagher wrote:
which point?
let a homing pigeon go and say find tess's house at 24e 34n and it will fly in circles and go to where its coop is. It can fly home and no where else unless trained to fly there.
I can do it somewhat better with a gps invented by a "yuman" I could also find numerous forms of transport to get me from a to b all invented by "yumans"
Being able to do an instinctive thing does not mean it is higher intelligence. In the case of homing pigeon it means it can sense magnetic fields and navigate by the sun, all things humans can do with a magnetised pin and a bowl of water and a cork, although we have refined that system over time to use time signals picked up from satellites and triangulated to use in GPS devices.

You are still not grasping dummy, a dolphin can center in on its prey, it does not need to be taught this, it has a homing mechanism, a pigeon the same with how to find its home. A human though is different, they have to be taught, we have little inner gifts, which you fail to understand.
You place intelligence on being able to replicate what others teach you, not on what a species already has the gift of.
Hence why you are a dumbass

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:19 pm

Evening Tea wrote:

Yessum.
I'm clearly not worthy of speaking to the all-mighty himself.

Quite right, you are a puppy, not yet able to walked further past your front door

Grinning 

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:20 pm

ALLAKAKA wrote:

And what age does the average animal finish it's lifespan.

Epic fail Dumbass.

Well if that animal is an Elephant or a tortoise, does that make them superior by your logic dumbas?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:24 pm

ALLAKAKA wrote:If Dolphins are so clever , why do they  not avoid the Japanese.   ROFL

Do they?

They need to avoid nothing, because it is humans that disrupt their world, ironic is it not?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:29 pm

ALLAKAKA wrote:

F**K ME , I had a German Shepherd that was brighter than you. ROFL 

I did not know you had a human as a slave, a white human it seems as well,

Mate wake up and smell the coffee, the day you come out with anything intelligent, is the day the world will end.
Go and crawl back up that racist shit hole you believe in

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:58 pm

It's Sunday night,isn't it?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:04 pm

ALLAKAKA wrote:

What an obnoxious Fecker you are. The Racist comment came from you.

I would rather be obnoxious than a racist homophobic low life as you are.

You think being obnoxious is a crime whilst you are ignorant with your hate based on stupidity?

So funny, only an idiot would argue otherwise, yes I am obnoxious, for one reason, because you spend your whole life being obnoxious to others not based on any common sense, but based on discrimination. Yes I am discriminating against you, because you need to understand why you are being so silly with your views.

Go figure

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:10 pm

ALLAKAKA wrote:

And what age does the average animal finish it's lifespan.

Epic fail Dumbass.

This post really shows how very dim allakaka is, he bases intelligence on how old some one lives.

ROFL  ROFL 

Priceless

Back to top Go down

Post  Bert Assirati Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:12 pm

Lez once had a German Shepherd ......he owned a dog as well.

Bert Assirati

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:14 pm

ALLAKAKA wrote:Even at this age it exceeded Didges level of intelligence and was exceedingly more atune to decent behaviour.

Humans are not smarter than animals - we just don't understand them - Page 3 Captu173

Well if you think I am not intelligent after pointing out you are not intelligent, where dose that leave your intelligence level?
On a  kin with play dough?

ROFL

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:21 pm

ALLAKAKA wrote:

The topic is about animals Vs Humans,  I pointed out that because of the lifespan of some animals they develop at a quicker rate than humans

Now a some one..... would refer to a human

And a some thing ..... would refer to an animal.

Now who's thick , ha, ha ,ha ,ha

This forum is full of people , you are the only IT.

No, just you are thick, age does not determine intelligence.

ROFL 

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:23 pm

ALLAKAKA wrote:

In the words of your Millicent Homosexual fwiend Catman  '' Fu.ck off SCUM''  ha ha ha ha ha.

You and some others are the only scum on here, thinking you are so brave with your racist homophobic bullshit, it makes me laugh at how cowardly you are.

Wow 

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:27 pm

ALLAKAKA wrote:

The Gob Almighty Didge CONTRADICTS himself on the subject of age.

Not on age, intelligence is a gift, knowledge is learnt!

You are right though on one thing, I am mighty.

Grinning 

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next