IN A FLAP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I was tortured by sadistic prison camp guard in Angelina Jolie blockbuster: British victim of 'The Bird' reveals how Japanese psychopath 'crucified' soldiers and got so excited saliva bubbled round his mouth

+2
Flix
wyatt1
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I was tortured by sadistic prison camp guard in Angelina Jolie blockbuster: British victim of 'The Bird' reveals how Japanese psychopath 'crucified' soldiers and got so excited saliva bubbled round his mouth  Empty I was tortured by sadistic prison camp guard in Angelina Jolie blockbuster: British victim of 'The Bird' reveals how Japanese psychopath 'crucified' soldiers and got so excited saliva bubbled round his mouth

Post  wyatt1 Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:55 pm

The only British survivor of the brutal Japanese POW camp featuring in Angelina Jolie's new blockbuster has revealed his own ordeal at the hands of the sadistic guard who 'crucifies' his victims.  
In the movie, which was released on Boxing Day, Officer Matsuhiro Watanabe relentlessly tortures the one-time Olympic hero Zamperini by making him hold a railway sleeper over his head for 37 minutes.
The film has enraged Japanese nationalists who have denounced it as a 'fabrication' with 'no credibility' and called for Jolie to be banned from the country.
But Tom Henling Wade knows the incident is true because he was there - as Zamperini's barrack's commander - and told MailOnline of his own utterly brutal experiences in the notorious Omori camp.
The 94-year-old told MailOnline: 'Watanabe treated us with terrible brutality and most of the time with no respect at all. He was a psychopath. Practically nothing the prisoners said coming out of that camp was a fabrication.'
Recalling one incident in which he was attacked with a 4ft kendo sword, made of tightly bound bamboo, Wade said: 'He whirled it above his head with both arms outstretched and cracked it down on the top of my head. Then he swung it like a baseball bat against the left side of my head and then the right. He just went on and on – the Japanese never know when to stop.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2880676/I-tortured-sadistic-prison-camp-guard-Angelina-Jolie-blockbuster-British-victim-Bird-reveals-Japanese-psychopath-crucified-soldiers-got-excited-saliva-bubbled-round-mouth.html#ixzz3NUGJwuxI 
Follow us: - | -

Growing up I saw a lot of Jap POWs when they returned home.
They looked like walking skeletons.
Their stories were horrific  and they all hated the Japs much more than they did the Jermans.

Don't let the Appeasers and History changers tell you anything different.
wyatt1
wyatt1

Back to top Go down

I was tortured by sadistic prison camp guard in Angelina Jolie blockbuster: British victim of 'The Bird' reveals how Japanese psychopath 'crucified' soldiers and got so excited saliva bubbled round his mouth  Empty Re: I was tortured by sadistic prison camp guard in Angelina Jolie blockbuster: British victim of 'The Bird' reveals how Japanese psychopath 'crucified' soldiers and got so excited saliva bubbled round his mouth

Post  Flix Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:28 pm

I knew of a few, one or two were never quite right after their experience, well I don't suppose anyone would be but these were very affected by their experience. I worked with a lady who would have absolutely nothing to do with Japanese people or products, her fiance died in a pow camp, she died in the 1990s, never having married or actually revealing what had happened and still having nothing to do with anyone or anything Japanese. We had a visit from a couple of Japanese at work with a sort of reception, she point blank refused to attend or meet them, which was part of her job but she wouldn't budge on the issue.

Flix

Back to top Go down

I was tortured by sadistic prison camp guard in Angelina Jolie blockbuster: British victim of 'The Bird' reveals how Japanese psychopath 'crucified' soldiers and got so excited saliva bubbled round his mouth  Empty Re: I was tortured by sadistic prison camp guard in Angelina Jolie blockbuster: British victim of 'The Bird' reveals how Japanese psychopath 'crucified' soldiers and got so excited saliva bubbled round his mouth

Post  Shady Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:32 pm

Didge & Eilzel will support the human rights of the Japs to torture.

And remember,it doesn't matter if it's white British POWs being tortured.
Shady
Shady

Back to top Go down

Post  wyatt1 Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:35 pm

Flix wrote:I knew of a few, one or two were never quite right after their experience, well I don't suppose anyone would be but these were very affected by their experience. I worked with a lady who would have absolutely nothing to do with Japanese people or products, her fiance died in a pow camp, she died in the 1990s, never having married or actually revealing what had happened and still having nothing to do with anyone or anything Japanese. We had a visit from a couple of Japanese at work with a sort of reception, she point blank refused to attend or meet them, which was part of her job but she wouldn't budge on the issue.
That was and is the reality of it.
wyatt1
wyatt1

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:36 pm

Shady wrote:Didge & Eilzel will support the human rights of the Japs to torture.

And remember,it doesn't matter if it's white British POWs being tortured.

Every thread you attempt to ruin it seems with your constant drivel and hate at posters.
Seriously grow up you idiot.
I actually back the view to criminally charge all those who did as War criminals and back the view to execute those who did, showing again you are nothing short of a pathetic weasel.
It shows you know little about me where that torture goes against the very well being of somebody and denies them their rights, so how you equate such bullshit is because you have the same mentality as those Japanese who did torture people being as you are both vile.

Right back to the article.
I find this very interesting being as I met many Veterans through my studies and I always found far greater resentment and hate towards those who fought the Japanese compared to the Germans.
Can still never get over hearing such first hand accounts and you could see how badly it had affected some of them.

Back to top Go down

Post  Flix Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:44 pm

Its strange really because during the first world war the Japanese were known for their kindness to their prisoners of war at least the German ones, apparently they have beer kellars built, bathing in the sea, it was verging on a holiday camp, although I'm not sure the Chinese were ever given the chance to be prisoners though, just killed in horrific ways.

Flix

Back to top Go down

Post  wyatt1 Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:45 pm

We had some Jap officers visiting the base in around 1960 and I honestly could not stand the sight of them. I was not over fond of Germans but I didn't  hate them.
wyatt1
wyatt1

Back to top Go down

Post  Flix Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:52 pm

Its the ideology again, so alien coupled with such downright militarism and of course the still borderline feudalism of the time its about saving face and all that. Some Germans enjoyed the savagery of the war far too much but it seemed there were a hell of a lot of Japanese who did, I'm sure there were a few on the allies side as well just to be fair.

Flix

Back to top Go down

Post  Nems Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:59 pm

Flix wrote:Its the ideology again, so alien coupled with such downright militarism and of course the still borderline feudalism of the time its about saving face and all that. Some Germans enjoyed the savagery of the war far too much but it seemed there were a hell of a lot of Japanese who did, I'm sure there were a few on the allies side as well just to be fair.

My dad used to say that most of the Germans were ok, far from home, young didn't want to be there etc but it was the SS that were bastards to a man.
Nems
Nems

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:07 pm

Nems wrote:

My dad used to say that most of the Germans were ok, far from home, young didn't want to be there etc but it was the SS that were bastards to a man.

They certainly committed atrocities the Waffen SS, but as the war went on many replacements were made up of U-boat or Luftwaffe personnel, not so ideologically based as of those who had fallen. So a tad unfair to say to a man.
Many of the allies had much respect for their fighting abilities and were far more cautious than they were against other units .

Back to top Go down

Post  wyatt1 Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:11 pm

Flix wrote:Its the ideology again, so alien coupled with such downright militarism and of course the still borderline feudalism of the time its about saving face and all that. Some Germans enjoyed the savagery of the war far too much but it seemed there were a hell of a lot of Japanese who did, I'm sure there were a few on the allies side as well just to be fair.
A lot of it can be put down to brainwashing.
The Japanese with the fear of losing face and the Germans with blindly following orders.

I grew up knowing the old men from the Great War and the young ones who returned from the 2nd WW,  so you could say I was brain washed to distrust if not hate Germans,  I don't though but if there had been another war against them I would have been more than willing to join in.
I do not particularly like Indonesians as they were the enemy in Borneo. I DO like the Ebans and the Dyaks of Borneo as I lived with them. Long time ago but that is how real life is.

PS: I never heard a bad word against Rommel.
wyatt1
wyatt1

Back to top Go down

Post  Flix Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:51 pm

My grandfather was in the great War as a teenager, he went all the way through and ended up guarding pows in Germany, he very much liked the average German that he met, couldn't stand the Ulhan officers, elite cavalry I think, he was guarding, all aristocrats and all very much looking on everyone else as peasants of the lowest order and non German ones as even lower. My father in law was in the second war, he also liked the average German he met while stationed out there, the first person he met was a furniture carpenter the same as him, who showed him his workshop and they sat and talked shop, he and a few others would allow certain food stuff including chocolate to 'fall' off the back of their lorries in some streets although others were very hard on the Germans including the children. My great grandfather was a German who came to Britain in the 1840's so his sons could well have fought their close German relatives in the first World War, I doubt it but its possible, funny old world.

Flix

Back to top Go down

Post  wyatt1 Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:36 pm

Flix wrote:My grandfather was in the great War as a teenager, he went all the way through and ended up guarding pows in Germany, he very much liked the average German that he met, couldn't stand the Ulhan officers, elite cavalry I think, he was guarding, all aristocrats and all very much looking on everyone else as peasants of the lowest order and non German ones as even lower. My father in law was in the second war, he also liked the average German he met while stationed out there, the first person he met was a furniture carpenter the same as him, who showed him his workshop and they sat and talked shop, he and a few others would allow certain food stuff including chocolate to 'fall' off the back of their lorries in some streets although others were very hard on the Germans including the children. My great grandfather was a German who came to Britain in the 1840's so his sons could well have fought their close German relatives in the first World War, I doubt it but its possible, funny old world.
Funny old World as they say.

In this country they also treated us like peasants.
You have heard of the Highland Clearances, that was our own Chiefs clearing the Clansmen off the land to make room for sheep.They burned down the houses with families still inside. Not the English but Lowland Scots so called Gentry.  They sold us out but demanded the ones left join the Militia and fight in their wars.
wyatt1
wyatt1

Back to top Go down

Post  wyatt1 Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:55 pm

wyatt1 wrote:

You have heard of the Highland Clearances, that was our own Chiefs clearing the Clansmen off the land to make room for sheep.They burned down the houses with families still inside. Not the English but Lowland Scots so called Gentry.  They sold us out but demanded the ones left join the Militia and fight in their wars.
The Kaiser was of course the eldest grandson of Queen Victoria and cousin to King George.
wyatt1
wyatt1

Back to top Go down

Post  Flix Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:43 pm

Has anyone read the books by Sven Hassell? He writes novels based on his experiences in the German Army in WW2, I read them many years ago when I was young and idealistic, they made quite an impression on me. I read about five of them I think there are quite a few more.

Flix

Back to top Go down

Post  wyatt1 Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:49 pm

Flix wrote:Has anyone read the books by Sven Hassell? He writes novels based on his experiences in the German Army in WW2, I read them many years ago when I was young and idealistic, they made quite an impression on me. I read about five of them I think there are quite a few more.
No, but I have checked and you can get them on Amazon (for Kindle)
I shall buy one and see.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Sven-Hassel-Collection-ebook/dp/B00E5D5T36
wyatt1
wyatt1

Back to top Go down

Post  nicko Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:59 pm

I have read a lot of them, sadly   they appear to be by some one who makes up stories!
nicko
nicko

Back to top Go down

Post  Flap Zappa Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:00 pm

wyatt1 wrote:
A lot of it can be put down to brainwashing.
The Japanese with the fear of losing face and the Germans with blindly following orders.

I grew up knowing the old men from the Great War and the young ones who returned from the 2nd WW,  so you could say I was brain washed to distrust if not hate Germans,  I don't though but if there had been another war against them I would have been more than willing to join in.
I do not particularly like Indonesians as they were the enemy in Borneo. I DO like the Ebans and the Dyaks of Borneo as I lived with them. Long time ago but that is how real life is.

PS: I never heard a bad word against Rommel.
My mum used to be a home help for one of Monties command staff, He could not stand him
Flap Zappa
Flap Zappa

https://inaflap.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Flap Zappa Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:02 pm

Flix wrote:My grandfather was in the great War as a teenager, he went all the way through and ended up guarding pows in Germany, he very much liked the average German that he met, couldn't stand the Ulhan officers, elite cavalry I think, he was guarding, all aristocrats and all very much looking on everyone else as peasants of the lowest order and non German ones as even lower. My father in law was in the second war, he also liked the average German he met while stationed out there, the first person he met was a furniture carpenter the same as him, who showed him his workshop and they sat and talked shop, he and a few others would allow certain food stuff including chocolate to 'fall' off the back of their lorries in some streets although others were very hard on the Germans including the children. My great grandfather was a German who came to Britain in the 1840's so his sons could well have fought their close German relatives in the first World War, I doubt it but its possible, funny old world.
My grandad fought at galipoli, my wifes great grandad also fought there. It's quite possible they could have been shooting at each other.
Flap Zappa
Flap Zappa

Back to top Go down

Post  Flap Zappa Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:03 pm

wyatt1 wrote:
wyatt1 wrote:

The Kaiser was of course the eldest grandson of Queen Victoria and cousin to King George.
I think had the first born daughter been allowed to succeed somewhere down the line then the kaiser could have also been the king here
Flap Zappa
Flap Zappa

Back to top Go down

Post  wyatt1 Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:04 pm

Jock McFlap wrote:
My mum used to be a home help for one of Monties command staff, He could not stand him
As they were in opposite corners I can understand that.
wyatt1
wyatt1

Back to top Go down

Post  wyatt1 Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:05 pm

Jock McFlap wrote:
I think had the first born daughter been allowed to succeed somewhere down the line then the kaiser could have also been the king here
Very likely.
wyatt1
wyatt1

Back to top Go down

Post  wyatt1 Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:08 pm

Jock McFlap wrote:
My grandad fought at galipoli, my wifes great grandad also fought there. It's quite possible they could have been shooting at each other.
Really makes you wonder doesn't it.
wyatt1
wyatt1

Back to top Go down

Post  nicko Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:17 pm

I knew a man who fought with the "Desert Rats"  he said Rommel told his men to treat British prisoners according to the Geneva Convention, he said ,  by and large they did, and our soldiers treated German Prisoners the same.
nicko
nicko

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:38 pm

nicko wrote:I knew a man who fought with the "Desert Rats"  he said Rommel told his men to treat British prisoners according to the Geneva Convention, he said ,  by and large they did, and our soldiers treated German Prisoners the same.

He did ignore the order to shoot Commandos.
Not so much about the Jews though

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next