'Glasses-free 3D' hits big time as Toshiba sets a date and price for 55-inch set - with a resolution FOUR TIMES hi-def

View previous topic View next topic Go down

'Glasses-free 3D' hits big time as Toshiba sets a date and price for 55-inch set - with a resolution FOUR TIMES hi-def

Post  Flap Zappa on Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:02 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2071603/Glasses-free-3D-hits-big-time-Toshiba-sets-date-price-55-inch-set--resolution-FOUR-TIMES-hi-def.html#ixzz1g2eqm5gI

can't wait for this to appear in the shops so I can get a look. Although the £7500 price tag makes it very likely I shall not be rushing out to buy. I am intrigued by how this system works as face tracking is involved and each viewer gets a slightly different picture sent directly to them. Making 3D glasses free will certainly see it take off, but it will be a bit annoying for those families of 10 when this can only cope with 9 viewing positions.
However once they get it sorted it will be great especially with a resolution 4 times that of HD.
avatar
Flap Zappa
...........
...........

Posts : 37106
Location : village of the sun

http://inaflap.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: 'Glasses-free 3D' hits big time as Toshiba sets a date and price for 55-inch set - with a resolution FOUR TIMES hi-def

Post  Slithia on Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:33 pm

you would need to be well off to buy one of those .

Slithia
.
.

Posts : 88

Back to top Go down

Re: 'Glasses-free 3D' hits big time as Toshiba sets a date and price for 55-inch set - with a resolution FOUR TIMES hi-def

Post  Flap Zappa on Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:54 pm

Lyvia wrote:you would need to be well off to buy one of those .

you would now, but the price will drop as more come on to the market. And if it works then it is so much easier than having to wear those awful glasses.
I am not sure I understand how it works out where people are though and beams them a picture. That bit sounds really confusing. But I look forward to seeing one in action when they finally get one in in our local media market.

_______________________________________________________________________
Socialists never tire of spending other peoples money

To the twittersphere
if you wish to comment on this or any other thread then sign up and have your say in more than 140 characters. All political persuasions welcome

The Artist Formally Known As D555 - - Follow on twitter: @in_a_flap              
avatar
Flap Zappa
...........
...........

Posts : 37106
Location : village of the sun

http://inaflap.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: 'Glasses-free 3D' hits big time as Toshiba sets a date and price for 55-inch set - with a resolution FOUR TIMES hi-def

Post  bill stickers on Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:15 pm

In A Flap wrote:

you would now, but the price will drop as more come on to the market. And if it works then it is so much easier than having to wear those awful glasses.
I am not sure I understand how it works out where people are though and beams them a picture. That bit sounds really confusing. But I look forward to seeing one in action when they finally get one in in our local media market.

probably the same way the 3dsi works

i think these 3d tvs r awsome

after i saw one i was blown away

i would love to play a 3d game on one just to test it out

but non of the shops have anything like that set up all they do is run a 3 minute fucking(language Timothy) demo thing over and over

the whole glasses thng does put me off thats why the lg is a bit more appealing the glasses are non active

they dont need batteries

but the whole 3d thing still works

the active ones are expensive

and u just know if u have a few friends round when ur playing a ps3 a few beers and the fucking(language Timothy) things are gonna be broken after about 2 hours

avatar
bill stickers
......
......

Posts : 2773

Back to top Go down

Re: 'Glasses-free 3D' hits big time as Toshiba sets a date and price for 55-inch set - with a resolution FOUR TIMES hi-def

Post  Flap Zappa on Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:33 pm

bill stickers wrote:
In A Flap wrote:

you would now, but the price will drop as more come on to the market. And if it works then it is so much easier than having to wear those awful glasses.
I am not sure I understand how it works out where people are though and beams them a picture. That bit sounds really confusing. But I look forward to seeing one in action when they finally get one in in our local media market.

probably the same way the 3dsi works

i think these 3d tvs r awsome

after i saw one i was blown away

i would love to play a 3d game on one just to test it out

but non of the shops have anything like that set up all they do is run a 3 minute fucking(language Timothy) (language Timothy) demo thing over and over

the whole glasses thng does put me off thats why the lg is a bit more appealing the glasses are non active

they dont need batteries

but the whole 3d thing still works

the active ones are expensive

and u just know if u have a few friends round when ur playing a ps3 a few beers and the fucking(language Timothy) (language Timothy) things are gonna be broken after about 2 hours

lets not forget this TV also is 4 times the res of Hi def so it should be pretty awesome, but of course that will need new blueray players as well.

_______________________________________________________________________
Socialists never tire of spending other peoples money

To the twittersphere
if you wish to comment on this or any other thread then sign up and have your say in more than 140 characters. All political persuasions welcome

The Artist Formally Known As D555 - - Follow on twitter: @in_a_flap              
avatar
Flap Zappa
...........
...........

Posts : 37106
Location : village of the sun

http://inaflap.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: 'Glasses-free 3D' hits big time as Toshiba sets a date and price for 55-inch set - with a resolution FOUR TIMES hi-def

Post  bill stickers on Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:39 am

Flap Meister wrote:
lets not forget this TV also is 4 times the res of Hi def so it should be pretty awesome, but of course that will need new blueray players as well.



some idiot will end up playing a 3d game on something like the wii and end up running into the set and fuck(language Timothy) it all up


avatar
bill stickers
......
......

Posts : 2773

Back to top Go down

Re: 'Glasses-free 3D' hits big time as Toshiba sets a date and price for 55-inch set - with a resolution FOUR TIMES hi-def

Post  Flap Zappa on Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:54 pm

bill stickers wrote:
Flap Meister wrote:
lets not forget this TV also is 4 times the res of Hi def so it should be pretty awesome, but of course that will need new blueray players as well.



some idiot will end up playing a 3d game on something like the wii and end up running into the set and fuck(language Timothy) (language Timothy) it all up



they will have to bring out new consoles to take advantage of the 4times HD resolution.

_______________________________________________________________________
Socialists never tire of spending other peoples money

To the twittersphere
if you wish to comment on this or any other thread then sign up and have your say in more than 140 characters. All political persuasions welcome

The Artist Formally Known As D555 - - Follow on twitter: @in_a_flap              
avatar
Flap Zappa
...........
...........

Posts : 37106
Location : village of the sun

http://inaflap.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: 'Glasses-free 3D' hits big time as Toshiba sets a date and price for 55-inch set - with a resolution FOUR TIMES hi-def

Post  scottamylola on Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:00 pm

Shocking.................................just got our new 3dtv.............and the glasses are really good they have built in surround.............but they are a pain in the ass..............no glasses would be tip top however i ain't got no chance of getting the new one now since we have just got one.............gutted ha i love my toys
avatar
scottamylola
......
......

Posts : 3250

Back to top Go down

Re: 'Glasses-free 3D' hits big time as Toshiba sets a date and price for 55-inch set - with a resolution FOUR TIMES hi-def

Post  Flap Zappa on Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:14 pm

scottamylola wrote:Shocking.................................just got our new 3dtv.............and the glasses are really good they have built in surround.............but they are a pain in the ass..............no glasses would be tip top however i ain't got no chance of getting the new one now since we have just got one.............gutted ha i love my toys

well give it a few years and the prices will tumble. there is also the small problem of very little available for it at its full resolution although it does say they are going to start producing movies in that format.

I am hoping that our local media market will get a demo model in sometime. they only have them in their istanbul shop so far.
I still don't know how they can beam the picture to a dozen different people though. That sounds intriguing

_______________________________________________________________________
Socialists never tire of spending other peoples money

To the twittersphere
if you wish to comment on this or any other thread then sign up and have your say in more than 140 characters. All political persuasions welcome

The Artist Formally Known As D555 - - Follow on twitter: @in_a_flap              
avatar
Flap Zappa
...........
...........

Posts : 37106
Location : village of the sun

http://inaflap.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum