IN A FLAP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

led 3d tvs

3 posters

Go down

led 3d tvs Empty led 3d tvs

Post  bill stickers Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:23 pm

just wondering if anyone has an led 3d tv

ive looked at a few models now but cant decide between the panasonic samsung and lg

i think the picture on the samsung and panasonic is unreal lg isnt bad either theres very subtle differences and you would really need to be pretty picky to spot them and feature wise res wise frequency wise they are all identical i couldnt really fault the picture on any of them

my main issue with them is

the panasonic and samsung come with active 3d glasses

so they need batteries and if they run out u cant use them as 3d and all that shit

also they cost anything from like £60 odd for the samsung and about 80 or 90 for the panasonic

the lg comes with a normal set non battery type and it comes with about 6 odd pairs so if u have friends round and all that stuff

also

gaming

what are they like

i heard horror stories about 3d tvs for lag and thats what put me off

so if anyone who knows anything about them or has one and can give us a few pros and cons

cheers

led 3d tvs 3090728455
bill stickers
bill stickers

Back to top Go down

led 3d tvs Empty Re: led 3d tvs

Post  guest .. Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:27 pm

There's nothing worth watching on tv though!

guest ..

Back to top Go down

Post  Flap Zappa Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:29 pm

bill stickers wrote:just wondering if anyone has an led 3d tv

ive looked at a few models now but cant decide between the panasonic samsung and lg

i think the picture on the samsung and panasonic is unreal lg isnt bad either theres very subtle differences and you would really need to be pretty picky to spot them and feature wise res wise frequency wise they are all identical i couldnt really fault the picture on any of them

my main issue with them is

the panasonic and samsung come with active 3d glasses

so they need batteries and if they run out u cant use them as 3d and all that shit

also they cost anything from like £60 odd for the samsung and about 80 or 90 for the panasonic

the lg comes with a normal set non battery type and it comes with about 6 odd pairs so if u have friends round and all that stuff

also

gaming

what are they like

i heard horror stories about 3d tvs for lag and thats what put me off

so if anyone who knows anything about them or has one and can give us a few pros and cons

cheers

led 3d tvs 3090728455

I would wait a while as non glasses 3d TV's are on the horizon.
see the thread in this section.
A little pricey at the moment, but they are available.
Flap Zappa
Flap Zappa

https://inaflap.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Flap Zappa Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:31 pm

check out the sony ones. I had a look at Panasonic, Samsung and sony and If I remember rightly the sony one was by far the best .
Flap Zappa
Flap Zappa

Back to top Go down

Post  bill stickers Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:55 pm

I saw that toshiba thread u posted
that's way out of my price range

Kerching
I didn't check the Sony one a few people told me of reliability problems on them so I gave them a miss but I might have another look actually because gaming wise they would have been tested on the ps3

So not a bad idea

Thumbs up
bill stickers
bill stickers

Back to top Go down

Post  Flap Zappa Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:51 pm

bill stickers wrote:I saw that toshiba thread u posted
that's way out of my price range

led 3d tvs 946420736
I didn't check the Sony one a few people told me of reliability problems on them so I gave them a miss but I might have another look actually because gaming wise they would have been tested on the ps3

So not a bad idea

led 3d tvs 1955600259

I agree the toshiba is way too expensive at the moment, but now it is available it is only a matter of time before the prices start falling. I haven't seen one in operation yet as the only one available in our local electronics store is in the istanbul branch, but I do look forward to seeing if they truly work.

As to the sony, the picture quality and the 3d effects were so much better than the others I looked at. Maybe it was the demo video that did it, it was of an undersea reef and the fish really jumped out of the screen.
I am not keen on the glasses that use the shutters to blank each eye, they can give you a headache after a while.
You also have to factor into the price the cost of a 3d blue ray player as well and the cost of blue ray movies if you want to get the most out of it. OR the cost of a sky subscription to get 3d content.
I will be waiting for the non glasses technology to drop in price. After all it was not so long ago that 3d TV's were well over £1500 and now you can get them really cheaply. If it's only you and the wife or partner that is going to watch then fine, but if you have kids then the cost of the glasses pushes up the price.
Flap Zappa
Flap Zappa

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum