IN A FLAP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Were the Victorians cleverer than us? Research indicates a decline in brainpower and reflex speed thanks to 'REVERSE' natural selection

+3
Flix
guest...
Tess
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Were the Victorians cleverer than us? Research indicates a decline in brainpower and reflex speed thanks to 'REVERSE' natural selection - Page 2 Empty Were the Victorians cleverer than us? Research indicates a decline in brainpower and reflex speed thanks to 'REVERSE' natural selection

Post  Tess Tue May 14, 2013 12:50 pm

First topic message reminder :

Study claims we have 14 IQ points LESS than our 19th Century ancestors

Findings contradict the Flynn effect, which claims IQ has risen three points every decade since the Second World War

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2323944/Were-Victorians-cleverer-Research-indicates-decline-brainpower-reflex-speed.html

Now how could that be? Let me see: lack of nutritious food, lack of exercise, lack of a decent education, mixed breeding...
Tess
Tess

Back to top Go down

Were the Victorians cleverer than us? Research indicates a decline in brainpower and reflex speed thanks to 'REVERSE' natural selection - Page 2 Empty Re: Were the Victorians cleverer than us? Research indicates a decline in brainpower and reflex speed thanks to 'REVERSE' natural selection

Post  wyatt1 Sat May 18, 2013 10:13 am

Andrea Borman wrote:
No that was in the 18th century not the 19th. The Press Gang was phrased out in around the 1800's before Queen Victoria's reign.

I knew it was before my time.
wyatt1
wyatt1

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2