IN A FLAP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More than four cups of coffee a day puts you at risk of early death, claim experts

+3
Flap Zappa
Flix
wyatt1
7 posters

Go down

More than four cups of coffee a day puts you at risk of early death, claim experts  Empty More than four cups of coffee a day puts you at risk of early death, claim experts

Post  wyatt1 Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:39 pm

Drinking four cups of coffee a day could put you at higher risk of dying young, warn researchers.
They found more than 28 cups of coffee a week increases by half the chances of premature death in younger people.
But there was no change in risk for coffee drinkers aged over 55.
The findings come from a large scale American lifestyle study of 43,727 individuals aged 20 to 87.
The U.S. researchers suspect excessive coffee consumption may adversely affect the body’s metabolism, outweighing some of the known health benefits.
Individuals with a ‘genetic coffee addiction’ may be prone to these harmful effects, they suggest.
However, the latest study conflicts with a number of others showing moderate coffee drinking is linked with longevity.
During the study around 2,500 deaths were recorded, just under a third of which were due to heart and artery disease, over an average 16-year period.
Participants who consumed higher amounts of coffee were also more likely to smoke, and had less healthy hearts and lungs.
The risk of death from all causes rose by 56 per cent for both men and women younger than 55 years of age who drank more than 28 cups of coffee a week, the equivalent of four a day.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2394773/More-cups-coffee-day-puts-risk-early-death-claim-experts.html#ixzz2c4lsMVRd 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

So our Intrepid "Experts"  have concluded that if you drink tea or coffee you will eventually die.  That is why those who don't drink tea or coffee will of course Live For Ever  and be a drain on the economy.
wyatt1
wyatt1

Back to top Go down

More than four cups of coffee a day puts you at risk of early death, claim experts  Empty Re: More than four cups of coffee a day puts you at risk of early death, claim experts

Post  Flix Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:23 pm

Obviously then half the population of America should have died young at practically any given time in its history.

Flix

Back to top Go down

More than four cups of coffee a day puts you at risk of early death, claim experts  Empty Re: More than four cups of coffee a day puts you at risk of early death, claim experts

Post  Flap Zappa Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:11 am

phew
I only have 2 cups a day now

More than four cups of coffee a day puts you at risk of early death, claim experts  Vintage_happy_man_drinking_giant_cup_of_coffee_postcard-ra2243160959f4fecbee1886d0dfa08f0_vgbaq_8byvr_512
Flap Zappa
Flap Zappa

https://inaflap.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  jadeloue Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:49 pm

as a coffee addict myself i now assume i am doomed and will die at some point
jadeloue
jadeloue

Back to top Go down

Post  Tess Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:55 pm

I have four cups before I do anything in the morning - must drink about 30 cups a day! I notice they say it only affects people under 55 - how can that be? Either something's bad for you or it isn't. I'd suggest it makes no difference to the older ones because their systems haven't been poisoned with toxins and chemicals in processed food for as long as the younger ones - those are the real culprits. I'll stick with my coffee thanks.
Tess
Tess

Back to top Go down

Post  jadeloue Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:58 pm

i am going to stick to my 6 plus cups a day no 5 strength coffee thanks
jadeloue
jadeloue

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:47 pm

I so want to live until I'm over a hundred.

Back to top Go down

Post  Flix Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:24 pm

Put this together with the research which reckons you are less likely to develop Alzheimers if you were breastfed and if your mother wasn't fat and there a good chance an entire generation or two are basically doomed to live to about 50, although most that I know have made it to their 80's and 90's and most of the people I was in school with or worked with are going strong and most look at least ten years younger than you'd think they'd look going on past generations.

Flix

Back to top Go down

Post  Flap Zappa Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:33 pm

I have never understood why espresso is served in such small cups.
I drink it by the pint.
Flap Zappa
Flap Zappa

Back to top Go down

Post  Flap Zappa Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:35 pm

Flix wrote:Put this together with the research which reckons you are less likely to develop Alzheimers if you were breastfed and if your mother wasn't fat and there a good chance an entire generation or two are basically doomed to live to about 50, although most that I know have made it to their 80's and 90's and most of the people I was in school with or worked with are going strong and most look at least ten years younger than you'd think they'd look going on past generations.
I have had three friends from school die in the last 8 years, the oldest was 56, the youngest 48, and also seen several acquaintances also die well before 60
Flap Zappa
Flap Zappa

Back to top Go down

Post  Flix Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:06 pm

OH well that's not so good, many of my husbands school mates have died young but I have no idea if they were in the categories wea are discussing. You can't really ask someone if their mother was fat, you could get away with asking about being breastfed and how many coffees they drink per day but by the time these questions are relevant in the case of Alzheimers they may not remember and if they die particularly young you wouldn't know to ask them prior to their early death.

Flix

Back to top Go down

Post  Tess Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:26 pm

Flap Gallagher wrote:I have had three friends from school die in the last 8 years, the oldest was 56, the youngest 48, and also seen several acquaintances also die well before 60
Strange you say that, the same thing's happened to me. Makes me feel very old when I see friends my age and younger die. Only a couple of weeks ago my friend died of cancer, which was only discovered a few weeks earlier. Came as a bad shock, and another friend last year. One in their 40s and the other their 50s.
Tess
Tess

Back to top Go down

Post  tom sawyer Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:01 pm

Flap Gallagher wrote:I have had three friends from school die in the last 8 years, the oldest was 56, the youngest 48, and also seen several acquaintances also die well before 60
My best friend passed away about a year ago,we were brought up in the same area
And went school together, I kept in touch with him all my adult life and when he passed away it really hit me hard,he was my confident /friend god I really miss him,
So many memories, my wife says I have not been the same since,
He was out driving his car and had a heart attack, he then drove down to the hospital
And died about 6 months later

tom sawyer

Back to top Go down

Post  eddie Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:58 pm

Tess and Tom, so sorry to hear about your losses. Truly.

As for coffee drinking....How on earth do you guys drink so much of it?? It makes me so thirsty that I have to drink a gallon of water afterwards and not to mention the hazards it has on my bladder!
eddie
eddie

http://www.myspace.com/fireflyuk

Back to top Go down

Post  jadeloue Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:07 pm

i love coffee have done since i made my mum let me have nescafe when i was young drink loads of it especially strong coffee  hate tea though
jadeloue
jadeloue

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down