IN A FLAP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rosé banned for the next seven months

3 posters

Go down

Rosé banned for the next seven months Empty Rosé banned for the next seven months

Post  wyatt1 Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:09 pm

THE comsumption of rosé has been banned for the next seven months, pending a review at Easter.

Rosé banned for the next seven months Rose250
You are not actually abroad

Genuine connoisseurs of the wine will still be allowed to drink it as long as they apply for a special license, pass a grape trivia test and conceal the beverage with brown paper packaging.
The ruling is being enforced after this summer’s soaring temperatures saw a 400 per cent increase in the number of middle class women who loudly compared the UK to Tuscany before being sick into a bin.
Public health officer Tom Logan said: “The chemical composition of rosé automatically makes it a bit common as soon as August is over.
“In the summer, an executive with the pink stuff all over his TM Lewin cuffs looks dashing and urbane. When he’s still in that state come September, he looks like he’s en route to Mallorca.”
He added “Sometimes people in a certain income bracket need to be protected from themselves. You know what I mean.”
Mother-of-four Francesca Johnson said “It’s  absolutely right that the government are doing this. Autumn is time to stop having fun, button up our cardigans and be utterly miserable until Christmas.
“If my husband hadn’t been forced to get off the Pinot blush, he wouldn’t have any interest in showing up at Goldman Sachs. He’d still be singing Get Lucky all day long while wearing the neoprene Morph onesie he got for Secret Garden Party.”
“I’ve already replaced my lunchtime drink with a nice white burgundy. If you put a drop of kir in, you’d swear it was Blossom Hill.”

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/health/rose-banned-for-the-next-seven-months-2013090579177

Now that is serious news !!!!   crying 
wyatt1
wyatt1

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Rosé banned for the next seven months Empty Re: Rosé banned for the next seven months

Post  wyatt1 Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:38 pm

scrat wrote:Rose is shite!

There is no wine as palatable as a Burgundy pinot noir!
Roseophobe !!!  

(I wouldn't know, not a wine person,   now whisky !!!!)
wyatt1
wyatt1

Back to top Go down

Rosé banned for the next seven months Empty Re: Rosé banned for the next seven months

Post  wyatt1 Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:50 pm

scrat wrote:Old poulteney 21, the dogs bollocks!
Sounds good    but..
 Old Pulteney 40 Year Old · £1385.01

Wow,   I need a drop of Talisker  after that!!
wyatt1
wyatt1

Back to top Go down

Post  gerber Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:59 pm

Been on the Med recently in France.  Took 2.5 lt plastic bottle (S)  to be filled daily with local Corbieres Rose from a plastic vat.  5 euros

Delicious.Grinning
gerber
gerber

Back to top Go down

Post  wyatt1 Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:04 am

scrat wrote:I think old old malts taste a bit musky, a bit like miss Havershams boudoir in Great Expectations, in my opinion a malt reaches maturity at 21 years!
Being a complete savage  and honest,  I  prefer Famous Grouse,  well I did but I have given it up now.
wyatt1
wyatt1

Back to top Go down

Post  wyatt1 Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:12 am

Let us not  ever forget 'Marsovin' (Malta)

Commonly known as Screech !!!   boy what a hangover !!!! A WMD !!! surprise

Last edited by wyatt1 on Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:20 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : spelink)
wyatt1
wyatt1

Back to top Go down

Post  gerber Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:14 am

scrat wrote:Table wine in France is perfectly acceptable, I've been pleasantly surprised with many a bottle of cheap wine, a pot roast chicken, some local champignons and a fresh lump of bread!

Heaven!
As Maurice Chevalier  once said and has since been misquoted " Thank Heaven for little nuances ".
gerber
gerber

Back to top Go down

Post  gerber Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:32 am

scrat wrote:We could not live without them,,,,good night gorgeous,,,,its great to have you back X

And a very goodnight to you Handsome.  Thank you for your lovely wishes. 

Horlicks waiting

XX
gerber
gerber

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down