IN A FLAP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

60s music

4 posters

Go down

60s music Empty 60s music

Post  nicko Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:55 pm

just been watching ROY ORBISON on the arts channel,what a brilliant decade that was for music.

af  ter 50 yrs people still play the superb music. I can only think of a few songs out now that will stand the test of time. its possible that most posters on here,due to there age can't remember them.

some of the best were: Roy Orbison. buddy holly,and of course the best one of all ELVIS

there's a lot more of them to remember.

lets have some you remember,with their best songs if possible.
nicko
nicko

Back to top Go down

60s music Empty Re: 60s music

Post  tom sawyer Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:00 pm

nicko wrote:just been watching ROY ORBISON on the arts channel,what a brilliant decade that was for music.

af  ter 50 yrs people still play the superb music. I can only think of a few songs out now that will stand the test of time. its possible that most posters on here,due to there age can't remember them.

some of the best were: Roy Orbison. buddy holly,and of course the best one of all ELVIS

peggy sue

tom sawyer

Back to top Go down

Post  guest... Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:03 am

nicko wrote:just been watching ROY ORBISON on the arts channel,what a brilliant decade that was for music.

guest...

Back to top Go down

Post  guest... Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:06 am

guest...

Back to top Go down

Post  guest... Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:08 am

guest...

Back to top Go down

Post  guest... Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:11 am

guest...

Back to top Go down

Post  guest... Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:15 am

Nicko I love music from the 50's and 60's lucky by the fact my elder siblings and parents played so much of it

guest...

Back to top Go down

Post  nicko Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:33 am

i admit to being a grumpy old git when I hear most of the ""music""played today.you get the occasional bright star shining through,but how many of todays songs will still be playing in 10,20 or more yrs time?.the old songs told a story with lyrics you could understand,and don't mention rapping,the biggest load of crap to be heard today.i could go on, but I can already hear the young un's telling me to shut up you "silly old buger"
nicko
nicko

Back to top Go down

Post  Flix Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:43 pm

Now you're talking, one of the great decades of music, virtually something for everyone. For myself anything by The Beatles, Stones, Manfred Mann, Byrds, Beach Boys to name a few. I grew up listening to all sorts of music, listening to Family Favourites, Forces Favourites, Radio Luxembourg and Caroline (on times) and from the beginning Radio One, - Radio One now Blah! I have difficulty getting a good station to listen to these days now and again I get a station that plays stuff from each decade from the fifties on, I do like a lot of the 40's stuff as well though. I don't like rap, not wild about jazz and I can't abide the current fashion for strangling a note for as long as possible as often as possible aka X Factor. So Nicko I suppose I'm with you.

Flix

Back to top Go down

Post  guest... Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:25 pm

Flix wrote:Now you're talking, one of the great decades of music, virtually something for everyone. For myself  anything by The Beatles, Stones, Manfred Mann, Byrds, Beach Boys to name a few. I grew up listening to all sorts of music, listening to Family Favourites, Forces Favourites, Radio Luxembourg and Caroline (on times) and from the beginning Radio One,  - Radio One now Blah! I have difficulty getting a good station to listen to these days now and again I get a station that plays stuff from each decade from the fifties on, I do like a lot of the 40's stuff as well though. I don't like rap, not wild about jazz and I can't abide the current fashion for strangling a note for as long as possible as often as possible aka X Factor. So Nicko I suppose I'm with you.
Love many of the bands from the 60's Flix, well loved most music really, I did play in two orchestras in my youth, played the violin and viola, so I do love clasical as well.
My favorite band from the 60's has to be The Doors, some amasing music to me, really like the Animals as well, like many of the bands you stated also

guest...

Back to top Go down

Post  Flix Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:09 pm

There were so many great bands about in the 60's and 70's it would take all night to list them. I unfortunately cannot play any instrument, I can't sing either although I was in the house choir once at school, only to make up the numbers it was a bad year for singers nor can I dance, not the set step stuff anyway, it must all be controlled by the same bit of brain and my bit seems sadly defficient.

Flix

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down