IN A FLAP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The desolation Of Smaug

+3
Cass
BigAndy9
Flap Zappa
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The desolation Of Smaug - Page 2 Empty The desolation Of Smaug

Post  Flap Zappa Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:30 pm

First topic message reminder :

the hobbit part two opened this week and I went to see it today and it is a cracker, even if PEter Jackson has taken a few liberties with the story.

this episode takes us from when the eagles rescued the band and they are still being pursued by Azog the defiler and his band of cuddly wuggly orcs, via some help from Beorn, not the one from abba but a shapeshifter, through mirkwood where they tangle, literally, with some spiders, rescue and imprisonment by Wood Elves, a bit of a three way love story with legolas, a wood elf femail captain and Gimli. On to Laketown where Stephen Fry is in charge and finally to the lonely mountain where they take on Smaug.

anther epic bit of tolkien done by the master jackson
10/10

roll on next christmas for the last part
Flap Zappa
Flap Zappa

https://inaflap.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

The desolation Of Smaug - Page 2 Empty Re: The desolation Of Smaug

Post  Summers Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:41 pm

scrat wrote:
Recently saw this on DVD brilliant film, peter Jackson gets it perfect every time, we're so fortunate to live in a great age of films, music and art.

Yeah there's some pretty great stuff out there.
Summers
Summers

Back to top Go down

Post  Flap Zappa Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:00 am

scrat wrote:
Summers wrote:I went to see it but I didn't really watch it because my friends and I smuggled in Vodka and got piss drunk and left at the stage where they were in some town with a river going through it or some shit.
Recently saw this on DVD brilliant film, peter Jackson gets it perfect every time, we're so fortunate to live in a great age of films, music and art.
I have the DVD and I will get the extended DVD when it comes out. I have just finished reading the hobbit and lord of the rings to refresh my memory about what he changed.
he has probably changed far more in the hobbit to pad it out for 3 movies than he did with LOTR, although there are some major alterations in that as well.

That said all 5 movies are cracking yarns and I am sure the 6th wont disappoint.

as to the great age of movies, I am sure that many would argue that their decade was the great age. Certainly we are lucky to have such great technology around now, but it will no doubt pale in another 50 years.

Great movies

king kong 1933
dreadful sequel
son of kong.

Wizard of Oz 1939

its a wonderful life 1940's

Harvey 1940's?

some like it hot 1950's

Zulu 1960's
the italian job 1960's

blue MAx 1970's
star wars 1970's

the list of great movies is endless.
you don't need the 3d or cgi, just a cracking story and decent acting

Flap Zappa
Flap Zappa

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post  Flap Zappa Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:22 am

scrat wrote:
Flap Gallagher wrote:
I have the DVD and I will get the extended DVD when it comes out. I have just finished reading the hobbit and lord of the rings to refresh my memory about what he changed.
he has probably changed far more in the hobbit to pad it out for 3 movies than he did with LOTR, although there are some major alterations in that as well.

That said all 5 movies are cracking yarns and I am sure the 6th wont disappoint.

as to the great age of movies, I am sure that many would argue that their decade was the great age. Certainly we are lucky to have such great technology around now, but it will no doubt pale in another 50 years.

Great movies

king kong 1933
dreadful sequel
son of kong.

Wizard of Oz 1939

its a wonderful life 1940's

Harvey 1940's?

some like it hot 1950's

Zulu 1960's
the italian job 1960's

blue MAx 1970's
star wars 1970's

the list of great movies is endless.
you don't need the 3d or cgi, just a cracking story and decent acting

I agree the best age of cinema continues to this day, the wizard of oz, to kill a mocking bird and the graduate stand out from a bygone age, IMO alien brought us into the modern era, some would say Star Wars, but I saw alien at Leicester square when I was 18 and it blew me away.

There and back again will hopefully be something worth waiting for.!
yes alien was a truly great movie although I would say aliens was probably one of the greatest sequels ever
Flap Zappa
Flap Zappa

Back to top Go down

Post  Bert Assirati Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:46 pm

Watched it two nights ago with my son.  Enjoyed it lots and because of its length we had an intermission for a cuppa.

Bert Assirati

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum