IN A FLAP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Happy Winterval

+4
Abdul Abulbul Amir
mattiducatti
Bert Assirati
Flap Zappa
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Happy Winterval Empty Happy Winterval

Post  Flap Zappa Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:06 pm

She may as well have wished us Happy Winterval!' MP who sent out Happy Holidays card faces backlash for 'marginalising' Christmas

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2526980/Lib-Dem-MP-Lorely-Burt-wishes-constituents-Happy-Holidays-instead-Merry-Christmas.html#ixzz2o2kug6fU

It's not Happy holidays it is happy christmas you stupid demented bint.
Flap Zappa
Flap Zappa

https://inaflap.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Happy Winterval Empty Re: Happy Winterval

Post  Bert Assirati Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:11 pm

Even Jewish people celebrate it in just the same way.

Bert Assirati

Back to top Go down

Post  mattiducatti Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:24 pm

When will these daft PC brainfukked politicians realise that their pathetic attempts to avoid the possible upsetting of a small number of some religious minority and trying to be 'all inclusive' in this way is never going to endear those who might be otherwise offended to them or to Christmas.

As those small numbers of people who may bear resentment towards Christmas etc, will continue to do so, whatever 'winterval' type sentiments are given, and will also probably view the sender of such item as being less worthy of their respect as being so wishy washy in their own convictions and weak.

And everyone else (the vast majority) will also just see them as being a wishy washy PC twat!!!

So lose lose!

Thumbs up

VOTE UKIP!!

mattiducatti
mattiducatti

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post  Lord Edmund Moletrousers Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:09 pm

Sister Mary wrote:Even Jewish people celebrate it in just the same way.

Just been chatting to a Muslim friend who said "...we've just been decorating the Christmas tree..."

Some of these brain dead PC zealots need their arses kicked.
Lord Edmund Moletrousers
Lord Edmund Moletrousers

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Arrow Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:50 am

Not really an issue this- there are actual REAL problems in the world- one or a few people using 'Happy Holidays' is not one of them.

Daily Mail Readers issue Smile
Broken Arrow
Broken Arrow

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:55 am

Eilzel wrote:Not really an issue this- there are actual REAL problems in the world- one or a few people using 'Happy Holidays' is not one of them.

So people are only allowed to care about one issue?

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Arrow Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:10 am

Evening Tea wrote:

So people are only allowed to care about one issue?

I didn't say that- I simply said this is not really an issue at all- people get wound up over it just because some people use a different term- wtf.
Broken Arrow
Broken Arrow

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:14 am

Eilzel wrote:

I didn't say that- I simply said this is not really an issue at all- people get wound up over it just because some people use a different term- wtf.

It's obviously important to a lot of people considering it generated enough backlash to make the MP apologise.
Doesn't seem to be a non-issue to me.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tess Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:16 am

Eilzel wrote:Not really an issue this- there are actual REAL problems in the world- one or a few people using 'Happy Holidays' is not one of them.

It's not just "a few people using 'Happy Holidays" though - it's the whole point that everything that's traditionally British is being systematically dismantled on the altar of political correctness. Try telling muslims their traditions should be stopped, maybe Happy Ramadam replaced with Happy Autumn holiday and see their response!
Tess
Tess

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:18 am

Evening Tea wrote:

It's obviously important to a lot of people considering it generated enough backlash to make the MP apologise.
Doesn't seem to be a non-issue to me.

To be honest Tea is it an issue? Are the same people who are condemning this MP also condemning the fact nobody hardly celebrates Christmas in a religious way, but has for decades used the religious event as a holiday and as a day to give gifts to each other and not in anyway celebrated the birth of Jesus?

Then I would say they have a point, but picking on an MP for choosing to call a holiday that not many celebrate the religious meaning of is to me a non starter.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:24 am

Phil Didge wrote:

To be honest Tea is it an issue? Are the same people who are condemning this MP also condemning the fact nobody hardly celebrates Christmas in a religious way, but has for decades used the religious event as a holiday and as a day to give gifts to each other and not in anyway celebrated the birth of Jesus?

Then I would say they have a point, but picking on an MP for choosing to call a holiday that not many celebrate the religious meaning of is to me a non starter.
Christmas might have lost a lot of it's religious meaning for some people but that doesn't change the fact that Christmas as a holiday is culturally important to people considering it has very old roots in the history of both our countries so can't you see why a lot of people would get upset at this sort of thing?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:28 am

Evening Tea wrote:
Christmas might have lost a lot of it's religious meaning for some people but that doesn't change the fact that Christmas as a holiday is culturally important to people considering it has very old roots in the history of both our countries so can't you see why a lot of people would get upset at this sort of thing?

If it has lost the meaning then what relevance does the name have, when it is still a holiday?

Now as I am an atheist I can choose to say happy Christmas to people and would for myself say so and see where you are coming from, but I also think if people want to say Happy holidays is also up to them, when there is little religious significance to the event anymore

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:36 am

Phil Didge wrote:

If it has lost the meaning then what relevance does the name have, when it is still a holiday?
Because that's what the Holiday's name is. That's what is being celebrated. That's what all the songs on the radio and decorations and so on all over the place this time of the year are all associated with.
Phil Didge wrote:
Now as I am an atheist I can choose to say happy Christmas to people and would for myself say so and see where you are coming from, but I also think if people want to say Happy holidays is also up to them, when there is little religious significance to the event anymore
If someone wants to say Happy Holidays and the like then they can. Never said people can't say or celebrate what they choose.
All I was saying that it's not a "non-issue" for a lot of people.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:45 am

Evening Tea wrote:
Because that's what the Holiday's name is. That's what is being celebrated. That's what all the songs on the radio and decorations and so on all over the place this time of the year are all associated with.

If someone wants to say Happy Holidays and the like then they can. Never said people can't say or celebrate what they choose.
All I was saying that it's not a "non-issue" for a lot of people.

So when people call Friday, Poets day, then they are wrong because the day is called Friday and we should not call it anything else?
You can have many names for something.
I agree with many of your points Tea, but to me it is not that much of an issue if someone calls it something different

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:48 am

Phil Didge wrote:

So when people call Friday, Poets day, then they are wrong because the day is called Friday and we should not call it anything else?
You can have many names for something.
I agree with many of your points Tea, but to me it is not that much of an issue if someone calls it something different

Friday is just a day of the week.
Christmas is a long established holiday.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:50 am

Evening Tea wrote:

Friday is just a day of the week.
Christmas is a long established holiday.

Friday has been long established as the 5th day of the week and yet we have other names for this day and the world has not stopped because of it Tea

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:51 am

Phil Didge wrote:

Friday has been long established as the 5th day of the week and yet we have other names for this day and the world has not stopped because of it Tea  

You can't compare people refusing to directly acknowledge Christmas to people have various other names for a day of the week.

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Arrow Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:53 am

Evening Tea wrote:

You can't compare people refusing to directly acknowledge Christmas to people have various other names for a day of the week.

What is wrong with people not calling Christmas Christmas? Surely that is a personal choice which has nothing to do with the next person. Again why does this need to be an issue?
Broken Arrow
Broken Arrow

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:56 am

Eilzel wrote:

What is wrong with people not calling Christmas Christmas? Surely that is a personal choice which has nothing to do with the next person. Again why does this need to be an issue?

People are free to call it whatever the hell they want. Never said they couldn't.
I've already explained why it's an issue for some people.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:58 am

Evening Tea wrote:

People are free to call it whatever the hell they want. Never said they couldn't.
I've already explained why it's an issue for some people.

fair enough Tea, as I say I see your point

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post  tom sawyer Wed Dec 25, 2013 7:49 pm

mattiducatti wrote:

When will these daft PC brainfukked politicians realise that their pathetic attempts to avoid the possible upsetting of a small number of some religious minority and trying to be 'all inclusive' in this way is never going to endear those who might be otherwise offended to them or to Christmas.

As those small numbers of people who may bear resentment towards Christmas etc, will continue to do so, whatever 'winterval' type sentiments are given, and will also probably view the sender of such item as being less worthy of their respect as being so wishy washy in their own convictions and weak.

And everyone else (the vast majority) will also just see them as being a wishy washy PC twat!!!

So lose lose!

Thumbs up

VOTE UKIP!!

well said matti

tom sawyer

Back to top Go down

Post  tom sawyer Wed Dec 25, 2013 7:52 pm

Eilzel wrote:

exactly Eilzel just the f/ing dogooders out to prove themselves but all they do is make themselves look pure idiots. same as m@S

tom sawyer

Back to top Go down

Post  Tess Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:55 am

tom sawyer wrote:

exactly Eilzel just the f/ing dogooders out to prove themselves but all they do is make themselves look pure idiots. same as m@S
Double standards too. The Americans are annoyed because Obama's official Christmas card from the White House has scrapped any mention of the word Christmas or Christ. He says it's because he doesn't want it to have any Christian connotations as the US is a multi-faith country. Fair enough - except that he did a White House card earlier wishing all muslims a Happy Ramadan!
Tess
Tess

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next