IN A FLAP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bride is badly beaten by her new husband on their wedding night - because he couldn't take off her dress

5 posters

Go down

Bride is badly beaten by her new husband on their wedding night - because he couldn't take off her dress  Empty Bride is badly beaten by her new husband on their wedding night - because he couldn't take off her dress

Post  wyatt1 Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:48 pm

[*]Amy Dawson was pinned to the floor of hotel room on her wedding night
[*]Gavin Golightly beat the 22-year-old because he couldn't undo her dress
[*]She was saved after escaping the room to call a night porter for help
[*]Couple had tied the knot in County Durham church ceremony hours earlier
[*]Golightly, 29, was given a 24 month community service order at court
[*]Ms Dawson, who has filed for divorce, said sentence was too lenient 

A bride was brutally beaten by her husband on their wedding night because he couldn't undo her dress. 
Amy Dawson was pinned to the floor by Gavin Golightly just hours after tying the knot in a romantic ceremony in County Durham in August. 
The 22-year-old had asked her new husband for help getting out of the white dress she was wearing when he launched the violent attack. 
Golightly, 29, said he was under the influence of drugs and could not remember the incident but pleaded guilty to assault at Peterlee Magistrates Court. 

Miss Dawson, who shares a child with the man, said the attack was so severe she thought it would kill her. 
'When he lashed out on me on my wedding night I thought I was going to die. I was terrified. 
'He looked like he was going to kill me.
'Eventually, I escaped and found a hotel porter, who called the police.

'It was such a lovely day, and I was devastated it ended the way it did. It was a huge celebration full of friends and family, and I thought it would have been the fresh start we needed.'
After getting married in St Mary's Church in West Rainton, the couple held their reception at nearby Beamish Hall. 
Shortly before 1am, the couple retired to a room in the hotel where Ms Dawson tried to get undressed.  
'At 12.55am, the following morning, they went to their room, which she was helped towards by a night porter,' said prosecutor Sarah Traynor. 

'The defendant then tried to undo Ms Dawson’s dress. She received a crochet (to undo the dress with), but the defendant then refused to undo his new wife’s dress.
'The defendant then jumped up from his chair, approached Ms Dawson and pushed her over.
'He then sat on top of her and started punching her with clenched fists. He then got up and left the room. It appears that the defendant then came back to the room.
'The defendant said he has no recollection of the event, adding that he must have had his drink spiked.
'He remembers waking up in a hotel room and said he does not get angry when he takes drugs.
'Ms Dawson had a cut above her left eyebrow and some bruises to her face and chest area.' 
Ms Dawson added said her husband had changed dramatically since she fell pregnant eight months after their relationship began.
'When I first met Gavin, he was lovely. I couldn't fault him. 
'He was caring and loving, and when we found we were having a baby we were delighted.
'I fell pregnant after eight months but almost straight away Gavin became controlling and manipilative.

'It was like walking on eggshells.' 
Golightly from Sunderland, pleaded guilty to assault causing actual bodily harm at a court hearing last month.
He was given a 12 month community order and a restraining order preventing him from contacting his wife. 
Ms Dawson has slammed the sentence as too lenient. 
'The community order was far too soft. The restraining order is the only thing keeping me strong. He means nothing to me now.' 
Chairman of the bench Paul Elliott, told Golightly: 'You do know that when your custody report was asked for, custody was an option because this was a serious assault.
'But your early guilty plea and mitigation mean that we will give you a 24-month community order with the requirement of supervision.' 
He was also ordered to pay £200 in compensation to her, £85 costs and a £60 victim surcharge. 

Bride is badly beaten by her new husband on their wedding night - because he couldn't take off her dress  25BA870000000578-2955385-image-a-10_1424083870383

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2955385/Bride-badly-beaten-new-husband-wedding-night-couldn-t-dress.html#ixzz3RwHuILEt 
Follow us: - | -

That didn't last long !!
wyatt1
wyatt1

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Bride is badly beaten by her new husband on their wedding night - because he couldn't take off her dress  Empty Re: Bride is badly beaten by her new husband on their wedding night - because he couldn't take off her dress

Post  wyatt1 Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:15 pm

ALLAKAKA wrote: He should never have put the dress on .   ROFL  ROFL  ROFL
 Like it !!  ROFL ROFL ROFL
wyatt1
wyatt1

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Bride is badly beaten by her new husband on their wedding night - because he couldn't take off her dress  Empty Re: Bride is badly beaten by her new husband on their wedding night - because he couldn't take off her dress

Post  Nems Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:41 am

"After she became pregnant he became controlling and manipulative..."

and she still married him? head bang
Nems
Nems

Back to top Go down

Post  nicko Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:14 am

She'd been married for 12 hours when he beat her up,  what a way to start a marriage!
nicko
nicko

Back to top Go down

Post  Nems Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:16 pm

nicko wrote:She'd been married for 12 hours when he beat her up,  what a way to start a marriage!

You can bet your life that he had battered her before too
Nems
Nems

Back to top Go down

Post  BigAndy9 Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:49 pm

Nems wrote:

You can bet your life that he had battered her before too

What makes you say that Nems?
BigAndy9
BigAndy9

Back to top Go down

Post  Nems Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:31 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:

What makes you say that Nems?

It was a severe attack in a semi public place.
He is a druggie
She says he became controlling and manipulative
She describes walking on egg shells
she said the wedding was a fresh start

All those things together would indicate domestic abuse to me
Nems
Nems

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down